The Student Room Group

Netball society

i think netball deserves more credit than it is getting.

this society is for those of us who are netball addicts/lovers. lf you join leave a post saying what position you love to play etc.

im ususally a goal attack/center player.

this is mainly a girls sport but i have seen male players also so feel free to join.

discuss netball if thou wishes......

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't play on the Uni team (too busy with other society committments) but I was a school and college player- usually wing attack.

I've missed netball really, kinda lost contact with the whole scene :frown:

Incidentally, at Coventry University, the "Coventry University Netball Team" use their acronym on all unofficial stuffs...
Ice_Queen
I don't play on the Uni team (too busy with other society committments) but I was a school and college player- usually wing attack.

I've missed netball really, kinda lost contact with the whole scene :frown:

Incidentally, at Coventry University, the "Coventry University Netball Team" use their acronym on all unofficial stuffs...

yeah work really does get in the way but i get to play it as often as i can
Goal Defence!

I used to be Goal Shooter year 7-9 but didn't like being stuck in a third, so they switched me to GD for year 9-11... and I'd found my calling :biggrin:

So much fun! Haven't played for a while.

We should blatantly have a TSR Netball Team :p:
Reply 4
Netball is the one that's basketball-lite right?
Dann
Netball is the one that's basketball-lite right?

lite?
oo_Lucinda_oo
Goal Defence!

I used to be Goal Shooter year 7-9 but didn't like being stuck in a third, so they switched me to GD for year 9-11... and I'd found my calling :biggrin:

So much fun! Haven't played for a while.

We should blatantly have a TSR Netball Team :p:

couldnt agree more :yep:
Im a netball addict through and through, been playing myself for 11 years now and still enjoy it just as much. I played WA for years and years but i now play for a new team in a higher division where i play C!
caroline_p3
Im a netball addict through and through, been playing myself for 11 years now and still enjoy it just as much. I played WA for years and years but i now play for a new team in a higher division where i play C!

glad you find the time i have to make time and it sucks because id rather be playing it
I will always find time. Believe me i am as busy as anyone else, i have done a medical degree and am now a teacher, i know about shortages of time but you should always find time for your passion!
We need netball lovers on tsr!!
Reply 11
I used to play county Netball, GD was my position although i could play all other positions apart from GA and GS. I stopped playing after having physio for hip problems...god i miss playing so much, ive been looking into getting back into it with a local team.
Spiffy
I used to play county Netball, GD was my position although i could play all other positions apart from GA and GS. I stopped playing after having physio for hip problems...god i miss playing so much, ive been looking into getting back into it with a local team.

aww :console: I have no idea how i would feel if had to stop playing :sad:
I hope you get better and go back to doing what you enjoy!!
It's A Hobby Not A Sport!!!!
Reply 14
IT'S A HOBBY NOT A SPORT
Reply 15
It's a mofoing hobby, it aint a sport bro.
Reply 16
IT'S A HOBBY NOT A SPORT
Reply 17
Oh wait. I bet you think table tennis is a hobby not a sport also..?
Reply 18
it's just a chant we sing to the Netballers when we're out (we're rugby) so don't judge me Mockel Pockel Netballers are rivals with everybody :frown:

PS ARE YOU STALKING ME?!
Reply 19
We don't like the netballers over here either. They get angry when our table tennis balls go through the netting and into their playing area. WE CAN'T CONTROL THEM BITCHES.

No I'm not stalking you. I saw you were the last poster in the Netball thread, which rang a few alarm bells. Thankfully you were only dissin them.

Quick Reply

Latest