The Student Room Group

How to get thicker wrist

I'm working on my body and I was wondering if my wrist can be bigger. I just find it weird if I get very muscly and my wrist is still a stick...
you can buy these grip things with springs that should do that. Search
"wrist grippers"
on ebay or something...
Reply 2
Masturbate?

edit; oh and what fredster is going on about is this

I just googled :P
Reply 3
Train your forearms. exercises such as wrist curls and reverse grip forearm curls. do a search on bodybuilding.com for exercises.

you'll get alot of people on here telling you not to isolate your forearms at all. ive got fairly good results from doing the above exercises, 2-3 sets of each per week. note- most exercises will train your forearms to some extent anyway.
Reply 4
carlicules
Train your forearms. exercises such as wrist curls and reverse grip forearm curls. do a search on bodybuilding.com for exercises.

you'll get alot of people on here telling you not to isolate your forearms at all. ive got fairly good results from doing the above exercises, 2-3 sets of each per week. note- most exercises will train your forearms to some extent anyway.

Forearm exercises don't really hit your wrists though, do they? It's not like there's a huge amount of muscle on the wrist for them to hit. I was under the impression that you're pretty much stuck with whatever wrist size your genetics doles out.

Is that not right?
Reply 5
I have the same problem, my wrists tend to hurt when I do bp. :'(
Reply 6
Heavy deadlifts using overhand grip will beef the wrists up. I've not done any forearm isolation work but my arms in general are one of the areas of my body where I can see the most noticeable physical change since I started weightlifting. Pull-ups are good too, if you can do more than 3x10 then consider attaching weight to make them tougher.
WarmEye
I'm working on my body and I was wondering if my wrist can be bigger. I just find it weird if I get very muscly and my wrist is still a stick...

Your wrists are pretty much solely bone and connective tissue (ie; your ligaments and tendons). There is very little muscle there and very little potential for hypertrophy. Basically your wrist size is determined by your genetics and there is little you can do to change that.
Reply 8
caprylate is right, deadlifts and also squats have helped my forearms and wrists a bit.

another thing is to try powerball, google it if you dont know what it is, i got one for half price from www.play.com over christmas and that worked my wrist and forearms, i dont use it that much because i dont want it interfering with my gym work and rest days etc

good luck dude
I agree, my whole body is nice and thick, but my wrists look like the skin has been Cut to the bone- basically my wrists look like a bone- but I have not heard of an option to increase wrist size.
Original post by WarmEye

Use a barbell and hold it in a neutral grip.Put a light weight on, if it's still too heavy then just use the barbell alone. Then flick your wrist up and down, after 7ish reps you should feel it working your wrist.
Get fat. Only way really. There isn't a significant amount of skeletal muscle surrounding the wrist to make for hypertrophy. Thin wrists are fine anyway, makes your forearms look bigger 👍

Quick Reply

Latest