The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
While i don't like to wear them myself, i like stockings. They're tarty.
Reply 2
Just bare legs.. :coma:
I have to wear tights, I can't stand going out with bear legs. My legs are far too pale :frown:
Stockings are much better.

I wear tights more though because there is alot more variety in tights (colours etc) and stockings are generally more expensive (for a decent pair of hold ups for example)
Reply 5
shoop_de_lang
I have to wear tights, I can't stand going out with bear legs. My legs are far too pale :frown:
I'm sure that bears everywhere are thankful
Reply 6
Stockings :-D but only for special occasions.
Reply 7
lella_m
tights for me - stockings aren't really my thing... haha.

my skirts tend to always tend to fly up in the wind, so stockings would just add to the embarrasment.

lol
Reply 8
timetokill
Stockings are much better.

I wear tights more though because there is alot more variety in tights (colours etc) and stockings are generally more expensive (for a decent pair of hold ups for example)

agreed but i would say that they are almost equally good
stockings for me ;-)
spex
I'm sure that bears everywhere are thankful

:zomg: ....my spelling is atrocious.
Reply 11
spex

It's a shame people see stockings as being tarty. I know you're probably just messing but maybe more girls (and your girlfriends) would wear them if there weren't all the connotations that go with them.

I wear stockings and suspenders most days but do it because they're more comfortable, practical and hygienic. I don't wear them for anyone else and prefer to have my legs covered when I'm wearing skirts and dresses. I do admit that they do look sexier than tights though.

Unlike tights, and provided you have a really good suspender belt, you don't have to keep pulling them up and there's never an issue with the crotch being down by your knees! If one gets damaged, you can just replace it whereas with tights you have to throw the whole pair away so probably works out cheaper as well.
Reply 12
H&C
It's a shame people see stockings as being tarty. I know you're probably just messing but maybe more girls (and your girlfriends) would wear them if there weren't all the connotations that go with them.

I wear stockings and suspenders most days but do it because they're more comfortable, practical and hygienic. I don't wear them for anyone else and prefer to have my legs covered when I'm wearing skirts and dresses. I do admit that they do look sexier than tights though.

Unlike tights, and provided you have a really good suspender belt, you don't have to keep pulling them up and there's never an issue with the crotch being down by your knees! If one gets damaged, you can just replace it whereas with tights you have to throw the whole pair away so probably works out cheaper as well.

agreed
Reply 13
I would not go out in bare legs as I have bruises on my legs from falling over.
Reply 14
spex

No no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

They are NOT tarty. My fiancée wears stockings and she is definitely not a tart. She doesn't wear them all the time, but she mixes it up with tights, leggings or hold-ups, depending on what she's wearing.

She's been wearing them a bit more just lately, and with a nice pencil skirt or a smart dress and heels she looks classy as hell with stockings and suspenders on not at all tarty.

In fact, it's her birthday soon so, in rebellion against these 'tarty' comments, I'm going to buy her some more :biggrin: LoL
Reply 15
Nonenennneo Noooo None!!!
....tights - yuk
holdups - better
stockings - the way to go!

...hav worn stockings for years - even when i was at school - so much more comfortable - and cheaper in the long run as you can mix and match when youladder one!
I prefer over the knee socks :smile: my boyfriend likes me in over the knee socks more too I think so I like them more than tights!
However, tights over stockings when I'm going out.
I don't find stockings very comfortable but sometimes I just wear them for fun :smile:
Reply 18
sophietrophy
....tights - yuk

And this from a girl who wears latex leggings - like tights but even less breathable :smile: LOL

sophietrophy
cheaper in the long run as you can mix and match when youladder one!

Totally agree with this - my fiancée often swaps laddered or snagged legs to make better pairs. Much more economically sound option LOL :smile:
Reply 19
Prefer tights, like to cover up, and if it's too warm for tights then leggings. Simply because I don't feel like shaving my thighs every day, especially if I'll be wearing a skirt everyday. Efforty, and ouchy!

Latest