The Student Room Group

NHS - Free boob jobs ?

I always considered the NHS to be pretty good considering in the USA without health insurance you are stuffed.

Anyway I was looking at Laser Eye Surgery or Implantable contact lenses for my eye sight as its pretty bad.

Sadly it seems the NHS don't consider this essential .. fair enough...

I was also checking out surgery on NHS for my mother who has very bad problems with her veins in her legs.. Sadly after a visit to doctor apparently not essential.. Which I don't understand as she is in pain...

Last week I spoke to a friend who mentioned her mother was getting a surgery for boobs I thought she was taking the piss..

Today at work collogues mate has had a breast increase becauese they are too 'small' and have been increase to DD..

Is this a sick joke?

Please someone explain...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If the surgery will drastically improve the patient's quality of life, then surgery can be performed. Maybe there was a severe psychological problem the woman had with her small boobs?
Reply 2
If this is true, then I'm queueing for it immediately.

Seriously though, wtf? Maybe after a disease/breast cancer etc, but not for anyone, it can't be.
Reply 3
not all operations performed by the NHS...
Reply 4
After breast cancer, probably. Just for having a fake rack, no.
Reply 5
My girlfriend's friend had a boob job because she was suffering depression due to insecurities about being flat chested.

Take from that what you will
I know someone who has had a boob job on the NHS as one was larger than the other. I'm sure she had 2 implants in though so they were even :confused:
My girlfriends boobs are too small for me, can NHS help to improve my life too?
I have already got one.
Reply 9
yes please
Psychological effects of a negative body image can be devastating to your health which is why they often fund augmentations to patients with uneven breasts or women who struggle to cope with accepting their body. Breast reconstructions are always offered to mastectomy patients.
Reply 11
OiaB
My girlfriend's friend had a boob job because she was suffering depression due to insecurities about being flat chested.

Take from that what you will

I don't wanna judge her or the situation, but I honestly don't believe having small boobs can cause depression :s-smilie: they should have treated it with decent therapy or even meds.

Just to clarify, it was on the NHS, right?
Reply 12
Cultivated
If this is true, then I'm queueing for it immediately.

Seriously though, wtf? Maybe after a disease/breast cancer etc, but not for anyone, it can't be.

Haha same here!

OP I don't think it is a joke, but yeah it is sick.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/278636/Amanda-Ryan-gets-boob-job-on-the-NHS-at-just-17-to-improve-her-temper.html

I can understand that people's mental health can be affected by something about their body, but like you said there are more serious illnesses than being unhappy with breast size.
Reply 13
elixira
I don't wanna judge her or the situation, but I honestly don't believe having small boobs can cause depression :s-smilie: they should have treated it with decent therapy or even meds.

Just to clarify, it was on the NHS, right?

Well I don't know the girl. But that was the story that i've heard. And it would be very out of character for my girlfriend to lie.

It was very much so on the NHS. Also, I think it was more a case of no boobs rather than small boobs
Reply 14
I hate my nose and it pisses me off...can I have a free nose job?
gez_09*
I can understand that people's mental health can be affected by something about their body, but like you said there are more serious illnesses than being unhappy with breast size.
Surely ALL people with mental health issues deserve to be treated with the same level of importance? You can't say one person's mental illness is more deserving of treatment than anothers'. That's extremely judgmental and the whole point of the medical profession is to be completely unbiased.
If they are giving free boob jobs I need one, it'll save paying for gynacomastia surgery.
i watched boob job: my big decision on iplayer
it was proper rank :| they showed the whole procedure and everything :frown:
Symbea
I hate my nose and it pisses me off...can I have a free nose job?

Same, I once took a knife to it.
Reply 19
What a load of ********.. Sorry but giving away free boob jobs and turning down more important and serious issues is ****** up..

Latest

Trending

Trending