The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Baka-chan
:eek3:

If this has been asked before,sorry! :p: I'm just wondering,if you get a U GCSE,will it show up on your records? Like,will a Uni be able to see that you have a U at GCSE?

If so then I am :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

If you have to send them the copies of your exam results then yes - it'll show up as a U on your grades. But if they don't ask to see copies, then no.
Reply 2
you are baka-chan
Reply 3
i dont think you legally have to tell unis you got a U
fps_cam

AFAIK you have to declare it now.
fps_cam

They might get a bit pissed off if they see it on the cert though.
Reply 6
Does it not stand for 'ungraded'?
How the hell did you manage that!?
orionmoo
Does it not stand for 'ungraded'?

Unclassified. I thought that you are required to display every single qualification you have taken, regardless of the outcome.
I thought it didn't count as a grade?
Baka-chan
:eek3:

If this has been asked before,sorry! :p: I'm just wondering,if you get a U GCSE,will it show up on your records? Like,will a Uni be able to see that you have a U at GCSE?

If so then I am :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

no i dont count as a GCSE :p: enough with the jokes

no it is not a GCSE and is not a qualification, it is a fail, but i think the unis still see it as you have taken it at GCSE

as far as im aware anyway
How does anyone get a U? I really dont understand LOL
Reply 12
I was under the impression that, since U is not a pass grade, it doesn't count as a qualification and isn't certificated; at least it didn't used to be. Whether that means you don't have to declare it I don't know, but I would have thought that, since you don't have it as a qualification, you don't have to declare it. The answer pretty much lies in whether or not it's on your GCSE certificates. If it is, then you'll probably have to declare it; if not, then you won't. If all else fails, phone UCAS (but maybe wait until September because they're busy enough as it is).
Reply 13
wombat678
How does anyone get a U? I really dont understand LOL

I was 3 marks off a U in one of my geography exams last Jan :frown:
orionmoo
I was 3 marks off a U in one of my geography exams last Jan :frown:

was that an A level paper?
Reply 15
impervious
They might get a bit pissed off if they see it on the cert though.

It wouldn't be on a certificate. U means you weren't awarded the qualification. A certificate is only issued to somebody who has passed.
Only A*-C grades actually "count" as a GCSE, but D-G are still qualifications, just not worth as much. Technically speaking, anything below C at GCSE is a fail.

And U is "unclassified", which does not count at all.
Reply 17
I'm sorry but how the hell do yo end up with a U. Did you break out into song and dance during the test :lolwut:
Reply 18
A U is 7% or something?

How the ****?
Reply 19
joshphillips999
Only A*-C grades actually "count" as a GCSE, but D-G are still qualifications, just not worth as much. Technically speaking, anything below C at GCSE is a fail.

And U is "unclassified", which does not count at all.

No, to the average TSR user, anything below C is a fail (anything below A*, for most). Technically, it's a pass.

Latest