The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

So who's got into Gilbert Murray Stamford hall?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
ewilding3
I'm in Lasdun Flr 1 Block C Room 9, is anyone near me ???
xxx

Im on floor above ya hun...floor 2.
U excited about uni? x x
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 61
Darlow17
Bowder Court, Block II

Anyone else in Bowder court? :smile:

I'm Block EE, ground floor, look forward to seeing you about :smile:

Are ground floor flats same sex does any1 know? I'm not that fussed, just wondered.
Reply 62
the flats on the same floor are usually single sex with floors above being female floors or male floors!
milly.
I wanted self catered too (I've got Coeliac Disease) but catered really isn't that bad. I'll miss it this year! The kitchen isn't wow, and there's about 12 people sharing it, but it does the job.

GMS is one hall, but Wistow is in the GM part of it

Thanks milly! The photos are a great help... it looks a nice room too. X
Reply 64
I wanted a self-catered but given a catered. Would I still be given a kitchen?
Reply 65
Hey Im Bowder Court Block II :biggrin:
NAGISA
I wanted a self-catered but given a catered. Would I still be given a kitchen?

There is still a shared kitchen in catered accommodation because you have to make your own lunch :smile:
amyvictoria
ahhh hi neighbour!! how excitingg, sorry for the delayed reply
what are you studying bubs?
i didnt know anyone either! joined some of the freshers groups on facebook and met some of the other girls in Wistow house, everyone seems really nice :smile: if you're a facebooker add me (amy suddards) and i'll introduce you to everyone! xxxxx

That would be really good, ta. Im studying geography, hows bout you? I tried to add you on facbook but couldn't seem to find ya, dya have a link to your page or something? Sorry to be a pain :smile: Xxxxx
Reply 68
This thread has helped me out so much! I wanted self catered but got catered too, thanks!
elyse180887
yep wistow 9 was me last year

The room is realy nice- 1 of the biggest in the block! :wink:
its in a corridor of 6 rooms. you are the opposite end to the kitchen so you dont really hear people in there which is nice- especially if they go in there when they come in but you had to stay in. There is a path right by the room as its at the end of the corridor but i never had a problem with noise to be honest.
Last year i got the shower all re-done as the edgig was mouldy so it should be nice and clean still. Be careful of the internet cable. i found that it goes in ok but you cant unplug it again without taking the whole cover off- i had to use a knife as i had no screw driver!
umm... your right nxt to the laundrette so dont have far to walk but far enough you dont have any noise.
when you go into you room look under the window sill- people have written on the underside- it gave me something to do when i was bored!

any other questions just ask!

I was Lowesby last year... do we know each other?
i-Citizen
What does somerby house look like? Anyone got a pic - I hope it isnt that building that looks jailish as its all brown and triangular?

Haha, that's Lasdun!
Reply 71
Redpanda91
There is still a shared kitchen in catered accommodation because you have to make your own lunch :smile:

Well...I emailed them see if i could be transfered to self-catered, i still couldn't get use to british food...:frown:
bt, thx. hope the kitchen isn't 2 small.
pinkparrot26
That would be really good, ta. Im studying geography, hows bout you? I tried to add you on facbook but couldn't seem to find ya, dya have a link to your page or something? Sorry to be a pain :smile: Xxxxx

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=590692343&ref=profile haha don't be silly, there you go bubs! xxxxxxx
Reply 73
davinia341
Im on floor above ya hun...floor 2.
U excited about uni? x x

ooh thats cool, yeh i am quite excited are you? do you have facebook or anything?
xx
Reply 74
pinkparrot26

i'm doing geography too :smile:
Wistonian people, What's the deal with the kitchen? What sorta things are available?

Room 17 btw :biggrin: Though I know most of you lovely people through Facey-b it seems!
Reply 76
Lasdun floor 2 Block E room 13
Anybody near me???
Reply 77
is there anyone staying in stapleford?
Reply 78
pete1111
Lasdun floor 2 Block E room 13
Anybody near me???

im on Lasdun Flr 0 Block E Room 3 so i guess i'm kinda near you =D
Reply 79
NPower77
im on Lasdun Flr 0 Block E Room 3 so i guess i'm kinda near you =D

LOL that post you quoted me on was from a year ago, ive moved out now. But lasdun is sickkk ur gonna love it. Check the pics on the group!!! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=148255936435&ref=ts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending