The Student Room Group

Do you fear death?

Imagine before you were born. This is how I imagine death.
No need to strive for perfection. There is no wrong.
Nothingness, the misunderstood heaven, it waits patiently for our return, and will welcome us with arms of none.

We never cried a drop, we were never lonely, nor jealous, nor hated or hateful. Nobody comforted us, we never wanted for comfort. An absolute absence of fear and dread and despair. We were never loved, we never cared. We weren't and never were. We understood nothing and everything. All and none.

We fell into the world under protest, attacked before our first breath, forgotten before remembered; our cold crisp blanket of none. The light does blacken and burn our innocence. But when we are tired and shiver, our blanket will shroud and devour us, a darkness of unjudged perfection.

We shall see all there is, all there was, all there ever could be. We will see nothing.

Scroll to see replies

Futility
Nothingness, the misunderstood heaven, it waits patiently for our return, and will welcome us with arms of none.

We never cried a drop, we were never lonely, nor jealous, nor hated or hateful. Nobody comforted us, we never wanted for comfort. An absolute absence of fear and dread and despair. We were never loved, we never cared. We weren't and never were. We understood nothing and everything. All and none.

We fell into the world under protest, attacked before our first breath, forgotten before remembered; our cold crisp blanket of none. The light does blacken and burn our innocence. But when we are tired and shiver, our blanket will shroud and devour us, a darkness of unjudged perfection.

We shall see all there is, all there was, all there ever could be. We will see nothing.

:lolwut:
Reply 2
Futility

Beautifully put. This is how, I too, see death. Our sliver of existence in space time which contrasts infinitely with the vast age and size of the universe, truly leaves me breathless with awe. But, it also angers me, in the fact that I still feel under-confident and shy, when it really shouldn't matter!

I want to lead a fruitful life, hopefully contributing to society in some way, thus, hopefully being remembered. The worst thing in my eyes is to be truly forgotten.
Reply 3
Futility

Arent you that cambridge fail girl? Oh no... have you took a turn for the worse? :o: comtemplating suicide...That is not the way to go, my dear!

There is a slight flaw in your knowledge, before we were born, we were not blessed with a mind, a consciousness, or perhaps a "spirit" that we walk with now.

Perhaps there is something more when the time comes that our brain becomes dormant- One can always hope..
Can't imagine before I was born. There was nothing. I'm scared of that great big nothing.
Yes. Yes I do.

:colone:

Spoiler

Yes, I do sometimes. Especially since you can go at any minute if you think about it, with all the stuff that happens in life. And every second that passes is another second closer to death, whether that's in old age or not. But oh well, there's really no point in worrying about the inevitable, just live your life to the full :biggrin:
Reply 7
There is no such thing as a fear of death. It is fundamentally impossible to fear such a concept as death.

There is of course a fear of dying, and many people have this.
Pedrobear
There is no such thing as a fear of death. It is fundamentally impossible to fear such a concept as death.

There is of course a fear of dying, and many people have this.

Of course there is a fear of death, it's the fear of never breathing, never moving, never seeing, never hearing, etc... ever again for the rest of time.

The fear of the actual dying is very different from the fear of death.
Reply 9
I dont fear death, or particularly fear dying. What I fear most is becoming injured to the point I would rather be dead.
As Jack Sparrow once said "You have no idea"
Reply 11
I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience.
-Mark Twain
Riderz
I dont fear death, or particularly fear dying. What I fear most is becoming injured to the point I would rather be dead.

You saved me the trouble of typing.
I am afraid of both dying and death. The possible agony of dying and the nothingness of death, I am terrified of blinking out of existence.
Butterflyleg
:lolwut:

LMAO definitely the best response!
Someone on here said that the time after your death is like the time before you're born, pretty much nothingness, which is one way of putting it. Though I have been raised a Christian to believe that there is heaven and hell, which I sort of do, but I feel agnostic about it at times, it's just like you don't know what will happen until it happens :shrug:
Reply 16
i fear death itself, it is human nature to fear the unknown, for which reason death, when i consider its inevitability is quite terrifying :tongue:
I don't want to die for quite a long time. The future will be too interesting to miss :frown:
Reply 18
I fear my loved ones dying more than myself :cry2:
I believe in reincarnation so I get to live forever basically :smile:
Nothingness is optimistic

Latest

Trending

Trending