The Student Room Group

OCR Advancing Physics Coursework

Hi,

I was wondering what everyone was doing their coursework on and whether anyone has any interesting ideas. It's the one that's marked out of 20, the bigger one, about measurement and calibration etc.

Really don't want to get stuck measuring the young modulus of copper wire AGAIN!!!

- KT9
Reply 1
I am still yet to choose...although the rolling the trolley down the slop one looks interesting :tongue:
Reply 2
I started mine today.. not quite sure what the aim is, measuring the EMF, interal resistance, power etc of a solar cell seems to be the main idea tho...

I was sat doing nothing for an hour though, as somehow the whole set of the school's multimeters had had their fuses blown and the technicians kept on telling me to "check the wires" "check the connections"... great.

Does anyone know where a mark scheme/guidance for this coursework can be found?
Reply 3
I finally decided on comparing methods of measuring acceleration due to gravity, it's very content filled, I can see a good write up coming from it.

There are some materials on the IOP Advancing Physics website, you could try checking there, the 'teacher resources' sections are probably most helpful for mark schemes etc.
Reply 4

Original post by KT9
I finally decided on comparing methods of measuring acceleration due to gravity, it's very content filled, I can see a good write up coming from it.

There are some materials on the IOP Advancing Physics website, you could try checking there, the 'teacher resources' sections are probably most helpful for mark schemes etc.

This is exactly what i'm doing this year! It's song long, using light gates for a trolley one, bar drop and pendulum, only up to the pendulum one now and not long to go!

Quick Reply

Latest