The Student Room Group

Best City In The World? [POLL]

Poll

Out of the following, Which city do you rate top? (use any criteria you like)

What, in your opinion is the best city in the world.
You can use any criteria you want to!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Toronto! Absolutely loved it (although I haven't been to every city on that list so I can't really say its the best
but yeah it has beautiful scenery, the houses are pretty to look at, all the roads/streets are kept so clean! and people are so nice =| like just walking down a footpath with my cousins and an old man and wife holding hands were walking towards us and they smiled and said good evening and it was just generally shocking cause in London people dont even look at you =| and I also dropped a hundred dollars in a shopping a mall and a woman actually followed me upstairs (cause i didnt hear her) to return it. i was shocked that people could be so nice lol
definitely a place I'd look into migrating too in the future
Reply 2
I'll judge it by which I'd most like to go to (poor criteria I know but I've hardly been to any cities), and my nominations are: St Peterberg, Prague, NYC and (I have actually been to this one) Paris.
Reply 3
Jakko247

There aren't enough cities in your poll to choose from!

From the poll I'd say London.

But I've also been to San Francisco and Las Vegas which are awesome cities!
Reply 4
I'll never understand why people include Frankfurt in such lists?!?!? Frankfurt may be an important financial centre but apart from that it's really boring there. If any German city deserves to be in such a poll, clearly it must be Berlin!

Edit: Just noticed that not even Istanbul is included. Definitely not enough choice here.
Reply 5
Joseph90
There aren't enough cities in your poll to choose from!

From the poll I'd say London.

But I've also been to San Francisco and Las Vegas which are awesome cities!

I know :frown:
I was limited to 16 and I chose the main cities that were ranked top for living standards! Unfortunately Las Vegas wasn't there although I did consider it; San Francisco was but I thought we had enough American choices with NYC and Chicago & WDC :P :p:
To live in I would say Toronto..

But I had alot of fun in New York - there is an aura about the place and Vancouver is also a beautiful city.
Reply 7
Erm...Where's Manchester on that list?

:awesome:
Reply 8
Out of the six I've been to on your list, I'd say London or Toronto. Portland is my favourite city in the world though - it's pretty, liberal and very different to most of the places I have been.
Reply 9
Lyaios

Edit: Just noticed that not even Istanbul is included. Definitely not enough choice here.

LOL are you serious? I can't think of a worse city to live in.
Where's Istanbul which is always included in the top 10 if not the top 5.
New York City. Hands down.

(although it's a far from exhaustive list - Vienna, Brussels and Zurich in, but Hong Kong, Rio and San Francisco out?)
Reply 12
Jakko247

Where the **** is Dubai:confused:
GLASGOW! But from the poll, New York has to win.
Reply 14
RamocitoMorales
Where's Istanbul which is always included in the top 10 if not the top 5.

Yeah, when the survey is considering the top cities in Turkey.

We're talking worldwide here though :gangster:
Reply 15
jonjon123
Where the **** is Dubai:confused:

Probably falling through some black hole of debt into oblivion pwahh!
Reply 16
Dublin :biggrin:

No, seriously.

London. :smile:
Reply 17
The melting pot of the world: New York
London is the 2nd biggest melting pot
San Fran for me (although not in the poll). Nice mix of wacky liberal and urban city-slicking.
Jakko247
Yeah, when the survey is considering the top cities in Turkey.

We're talking worldwide here though :gangster:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/holiday_type/breaks/article6818787.ece?token=null&offset=24&page=3

The Times ranks it 8th in the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending