The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because they're usually a bunch of boring bastards.
rajandkwameali
I am more psychologically balanced/healthy than most here.

Reply 62
rajandkwameali
what is the connection to psychopaths?

Not worrying about other people only needs a nudge in language to get on the path to not caring about other people. This demonstrates a lack of empathy and therefore the trait of being a psychopath.

A baby is innocent, yes.

Then you start you life innocent and lose it. You don't need to 'earn' it.
You could argue you earn it by being born I suppose? No.
Same as why unpopular kids are ridiculed. Take chavs for example, they feed of social attention and acceptance from their peers, and love to feel 'powerful', so they do this by bullying a single target in their group. Once you get one of them on their own, they will **** bricks. Sorry for the irrelevant information.

Anyway, this may also be irrelevant, but never the less; its pretty decent. http://www.paulgraham.com/nerds.html:wink:
Chrosson
Not worrying about other people only needs a nudge in language to get on the path to not caring about other people. This demonstrates a lack of empathy and therefore the trait of being a psychopath.

I don't worry about people who are not affecting my life, whether it's a thought, behaviour or attitude.
GodspeedGehenna

Well, enlighten me to the contrary.
It's mainly the way some of them come across as up themselves.
rajandkwameali
Well, enlighten me to the contrary.

Cba. Your account is one made for trolling with your incoherent nonsense.

Plus, don't you always cry about how you think you have a perceptual disorder?
Reply 68
rajandkwameali
I am more psychologically balanced/healthy than most here.

Your own opinion on this can hardly be called reliable even from the most skewed of viewpoints.

rajandkwameali
I don't worry about people who are not affecting my life, whether it's a thought, behaviour or attitude.

This is actually quite and interesting article, very related to this statement - http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html
And I don't see how this is linked to being psychologically healthy. I reject common sense as a basis.
Because a lot of them are work shy, hypocritical, arrogant morons.
Reply 70
rajandkwameali
interests that don't meet the colloquial norm.

like ******* in public toilets or pissing on the floor before the door so people slip on it ?
I think a lot of the time it's because people misunderstand intellectual interests you have. Some things are beyond what your average person can understand...and anyone that goes against the grain is prone to attract attention to themselves. I wouldn't say they neccessarily look down on you...it's more that they laugh about it because of peer pressure. It's similar to being called a swot in school...
Reply 72
You appear to define what interests you as being abnormal -- that is, you don't just happen to like things that aren't "shallow and common", but you have an interest in them for that reason and that reason alone.

Mindlessly defying social norms for its own sake is no better than mindlessly following them. Instead of allowing society as a whole to dictate what you do, you let it dictate what you don't do. Am I missing something here?
Iota Null
You appear to define what interests you as being abnormal -- that is, you don't just happen to like things that aren't "shallow and common", but you have an interest in them for that reason and that reason alone.

Mindlessly defying social norms for its own sake is no better than mindlessly following them. Instead of allowing society as a whole to dictate what you do, you let it dictate what you don't do. Am I missing something here?

I have an innate aversion to shallow things. I'm simply being me, is this so wrong? (I bet it is only wrong since the colloquial norm personality say it is so). :yep:
To be honest I think people look down on "simple" interests way more than intellectual interests. I would love to have more intellectual interests. I mean, I love fine food and wine, but I'm not keen on film or reading. I'd much rather go out drinking/clubbing with friends. That's a bit low brow, I know.
Reply 75
Gardocki
Reading social science books is a weird interest to have to be fair. I'd say weird more than intellectual anyway.

not really. its actually extremely un weird. because the social sciences look at human bevahiour and why humans act the way they do (or did in the case of history). and if you think thats weird, then i dont know. lol.
Reply 76
rajandkwameali
Common and shallow interests are not my thing, why is that wrong?

You're missing the point here. Calling those interests 'common' is one thing, but calling them 'shallow' just because you think you are an intellectual shows that you are looking down on people who have those interests.

If you have different interests, that's fine. Just don't belittle the interests of others to make yourself seem better than them because it just has the adverse effect (as evidenced by the various comments posted here).

i am not jealous of anybody. Healthy people never are.

What the bloody hell are you smoking? I don't think I can name one person who hasn't shown jealousy at some point in their life. These people are still healthy.

Prove to me that healthy people are never jealous. State your sources.

No, you can't use 'common sense' as a valid response.
Reply 77
Chrosson
Your own opinion on this can hardly be called reliable even from the most skewed of viewpoints.

This is actually quite and interesting article, very related to this statement - http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html
And I don't see how this is linked to being psychologically healthy. I reject common sense as a basis.

"or saw your principal walking out of a dildo shop."

lol.
aeterno
You're missing the point here. Calling those interests 'common' is one thing, but calling them 'shallow' just because you think you are an intellectual shows that you are looking down on people who have those interests.

If you have different interests, that's fine. Just don't belittle the interests of others to make yourself seem better than them because it just has the adverse effect (as evidenced by the various comments posted here).

What the bloody hell are you smoking? I don't think I can name one person who hasn't shown jealousy at some point in their life. These people are still healthy.

Prove to me that healthy people are never jealous. State your sources.

No, you can't use 'common sense' as a valid response.

Healthy people manage their emotions, which obviously includes jealousy.
Reply 79
danny111
not really. its actually extremely un weird. because the social sciences look at human bevahiour and why humans act the way they do (or did in the case of history). and if you think thats weird, then i dont know. lol.

It is quite interesting. Reading academic books about the subjects really isn't.

Latest

Trending

Trending