The Student Room Group

Job interview with Phase Eight

Hi guys,

I have a job interview with Phase Eight this weekend.

First of all, what type of questions should I expect and secondly how smart should I be dressed?

Thanks.
Reply 1
guysss HELP! please... any pointers??
Reply 2
Well it's retail and fashion, so wear something trendy but not overly trendy to the point it looks like all you care about is how you look.

General retail questions include - why you want to work for the company... questions about what you might already know abiout the company. When you last shopped at the store you're applying to. What you like about the company/store.

Then there's just housekeeping questions on availability, right to work in UK, age etc
Reply 3
Original post by SJ_1
Hi guys,

I have a job interview with Phase Eight this weekend.

First of all, what type of questions should I expect and secondly how smart should I be dressed?

Thanks.

i have one tomorrow, what did they ask?
Reply 4
Just for future people wanting to know they started with a styling exercise where they give you a scenario of a customer and you have to go and find some outfits that you would take the customer to the fitting rooms with and then explain your choices. Then the manager picked out a top and asked how I would sell it to her.

Then in the formal interview bit it was the usual questions like why do you want to work for Phase Eight, how could you be an asset to the company, why do you want to work in fashion retail, asking about your experience and then a lot of questions where they give you a scenario and ask what you would do, such as how you'd handle a return and what you'd do if there was still things to do but your shift was over etc.

Hope that helps!
Hey! I have a job interview with phase eight next week and after reading this I am rather nervous! (It's my first interview) what on earth did you say when they asked how you would sell them the top!! If you can even remember hahah!
Reply 6
Hi, I have recently applied for a job at Phase Eight how long does it take for them to reply?
Reply 7
I was wondering the same thing, it's been a while and I haven't even recieved an email, I've called the store but their response was they don't deal with the application but it is the head department that sends candidates to them
Reply 8
I did get a reply after a while saying it was unsuccessful... Good luck anyway!
Reply 9
Hey I've got an interview with phase eight tomorrow, could you let me know what was asked in the interview? Thanks :smile:
Original post by titch786
Hey I've got an interview with phase eight tomorrow, could you let me know what was asked in the interview? Thanks :smile:

Hey sorry I know its ages after, but do you remember what questions were asked in the interview etc? Did you get the job?
Original post by amberstansfield
Hey sorry I know its ages after, but do you remember what questions were asked in the interview etc? Did you get the job?

Hi they just gave me different scenarios. They weren't really friendly with me but who knows you might get nice people! I didn't get the job, they told me that they'll ring to let me know whether i got the job or not but didn't hear back from them
Original post by titch786
Hi they just gave me different scenarios. They weren't really friendly with me but who knows you might get nice people! I didn't get the job, they told me that they'll ring to let me know whether i got the job or not but didn't hear back from them

Hey thanks for replying! I had my interview last week with the manager, she was really nice and I thought the interview went really well but I got an email saying I hadn't got it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending