The Student Room Group

Quick Relief for Constipation!! (Serious Input only please)

ANON please.

Hi, well, bluntly, i have a party tomorrow night (Its my 18th, ie BIG DEAL) and anyway, i am quite constipated. Exam stress has caused quite alot of carb eating so im bloated and full.

anway.
i need a quick fix, so i can 1. fit my dress properly, and 2. feel comfortable for tomorrow.

i REALLY need advice

might be worth adding that im lactose intolerant (just in case any remedy included that)

any DECENT advice will be repped.

Scroll to see replies

I heard eating fruit helps alot, not sure if it's a quick fix though.

Sorry :sad:
Happy Birthday though! :biggrin:
A spoonful or two of vegetable/olive oil should do the trick.
Figs figs and more figs.

Or just buy a laxative.
lots of fibre? over the counter pills?

i've heard a really long walk can help too, though im not sure why.
GOOGLE MY FRIEND.
Reply 5
miranda-ae

GOOGLE MY FRIEND.

i tried google but most of the results, were talking about days and weeks, and i just have no time..

bear in mind, i dont want to be having to run to the toilet every 2 mins t my party
Reply 6
Couple of smokes should do the trick.
figs
flax seed
peppermint tea
sharon fruit
2liters of water
orange
aloe vera juice
Or do an enema
Eat something with lots of fibre e.g. cereal, fruit, brown rice.
Drink some water.
Wait a few hours.

It should improve things. :smile:
Anonymous
ANON please.

Hi, well, bluntly, i have a party tomorrow night (Its my 18th, ie BIG DEAL) and anyway, i am quite constipated. Exam stress has caused quite alot of carb eating so im bloated and full.

anway.
i need a quick fix, so i can 1. fit my dress properly, and 2. feel comfortable for tomorrow.

i REALLY need advice

might be worth adding that im lactose intolerant (just in case any remedy included that)

any DECENT advice will be repped.

Firstly, lay off the fibre. It will just make your stool firmer and harder to pass.

Secondly, pick up some Milk of Magnesia, it can be bought from any pharmacy/supermarket/whatever. Its pretty good stuff for relieving constipation and its not so powerful that it will leave you sitting on the toilet all night and day.

Milk of Magnesia doesn't contain any actual milk (as far as i know, it would be wise to check though) so i think you should get away with it.

You will probably feel better in the morning naturally anyway, due to the way you ended up constipated. Have a nice light meal, a soak in the bath then try and use the toilet before bed. Don't strain as this really wont do you any good and will probably make things worse. If nothing's happening, go to bed, and try again in the morning. That, combined with the MoM should have you out ready for your 18th.

Good Luck
Reply 10
Indieboohoo
figs
flax seed
peppermint tea
sharon fruit
2liters of water
orange
aloe vera juice
Or do an enema

im interolerant to oranges, but only a little bit...
you think this could be a quick fix??

(dont have any other of the ingrediants to hand (other than water)
Ignoramus
Eat something with lots of fibre e.g. cereal, fruit, brown rice.
Drink some water.
Wait a few hours.

It should improve things. :smile:

Fibre is a bad idea. It improves digestion, but will make your stool solid and difficult to pass.
Reply 12
Just go to a pharmacy? Igonre everyone saying use flax seeds, twigs and dust because it is lies. Just buy some like concentrated senekot. They do pills or a syrup, that will make you move. and you will be fine by tomorrow night x
Reply 13
joseph1991
Just go to a pharmacy? Igonre everyone saying use flax seeds, twigs and dust because it is lies. Just buy some like concentrated senekot. They do pills or a syrup, that will make you move. and you will be fine by tomorrow night x

thing is, my old friend works in the pharmacy, and i know i know, it shouldnt be an issue, but id feel very uncomfortable doing this....
Anonymous
thing is, my old friend works in the pharmacy, and i know i know, it shouldnt be an issue, but id feel very uncomfortable doing this....

Buy condoms as well. That will take your friend's mind off things :smile:
Anonymous
im interolerant to oranges, but only a little bit...
you think this could be a quick fix??

(dont have any other of the ingrediants to hand (other than water)

Doing an enema or having sharon fruit would be the quickest within 1 to 2 hours would help.
The others would work within 24 hours. do you have bran cerel you can have it without the milk.
Reply 16
Anonymous

It is just constipation...its not like youre asking for the morning after pill! If you want to fix it, go and buy senekot tablets and senekot syrup and you will all squeaky clean by tomorrow. 99% percent of things posted on this thread are lies. Everyone seems to be posting things that you should have in your diet to maintain a healthy log and not a short term fix. If you want to be empty by tomorrow you have to go by some tablets/syrup!! xs
I heard that eating fruit is good. Try eating 3 apples a day. Try drinking orange juice, then have a lrge bowl of cereal with alot of milk) You will get explosions in the bowels apparently. Ooo and someone told me that drinkng hot water on its own does wonders (!)

Anyway when i got constipated i used a Lactulose solutuon did the trick within about a week and half. Soz tht i cnt give any other advice :frown: Good luck with everything!

R4z
joseph1991
It is just constipation...its not like youre asking for the morning after pill! If you want to fix it, go and buy senekot tablets and senekot syrup and you will all squeaky clean by tomorrow. 99% percent of things posted on this thread are lies. Everyone seems to be posting things that you should have in your diet to maintain a healthy log and not a short term fix. If you want to be empty by tomorrow you have to go by some tablets/syrup!! xs

Agreed.

Senokot would work just as well as milk of magnesia - tastes nicer too.
Eat lots and lots of softmints :smile:

Something in them (sorbitol I think) acts as a laxative. It even warns on the packet not to eat too many of them for this reason.

Hope you manage to fix your problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest