New Doctor Who Episode 10: Vincent and the Doctor -05/06/2010 - No Future Spoilers Watch

sleekchic
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm really looking forward to today's episode which explains why the thread is early.

As you are already aware, discussion of future spoilers should take place in the Doctor spoilers and speculations thread.

SFX episode teasers for today's episode can be found here, I'll be on the lookout for the ones in bold.

Spoiler:
Show
1 In some ways it’s the most unusual Doctor Who ever episode ever – never has the show been less plot-lead and more character-led

2 It’s very, very emotional at times

3 Anyone expecting an out-and-out comedy from Richard Curtis will be surprised. This is about Van Gogh – it doesn’t shy away from depression and suicide. If anything, the episode is quite melancholy

4 The opening scene is a blinder

5 An ongoing gag about the TARDIS’s abilities won’t make any sense to people who don’t know the show inside-out

6 Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are

7 There’s a glorious visual reference to the painting “Starry Night”

8 The Doctor makes a slip of the tongue

9 There’s some mutual sartorial appreciation going on

10 There’s a major story element that some will decry as a massive plot hole and others will embrace on a metaphorical level

11 The TARDIS is redecorated

12 Two former Doctors make an unexpected appearance (for one of them it’s their third appearance this year)

Poll to follow

Enjoy!
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm so annoyed that I'll be missing some in order to go to a party! I guess I'll watch the rest when I get in.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know what number 7 is

But yes, tonight should be a good one
Doughnuts!!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can't wait! Wonder what the potential massive plot hole is...
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm guessing the plot hole will be;

Spoiler:
Show
"Is that my engagement ring?" and everybody will be like "But Rory got unwritten! She shouldn't remember being engaged!" and it will be a heartfelt moment.

Or the bit in a couple of the trailers where Van Gogh says she's sad, and although she can't remember why (because Rory got unwritten) she still feels it. = heartfelt moment.
Charlisquigs
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yay I'm so exited!
sleekchic
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
I'm guessing the plot hole will be;

Spoiler:
Show
"Is that my engagement ring?" and everybody will be like "But Rory got unwritten! She shouldn't remember being engaged!" and it will be a heartfelt moment.

Or the bit in a couple of the trailers where Van Gogh says she's sad, and although she can't remember why (because Rory got unwritten) she still feels it. = heartfelt moment.
I doubt it'll be that tbh. It's probably something that appears to be a continuity error perhaps like the whole is he the future doctor in Flesh and Stone.
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was thinking with the whole engagement ring thing

Spoiler:
Show
Maybe River Song finds it whenever they meet again and thinks it's the doctor's for her and that's how they end up married?

And also for some reason I keep thinking that River Song is going to turn out to be Amy. Which makes no sense and is highly improbable, but I still keep thinking it :p:
darkwolf0139
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eh, I don't seem excited about this one. I don't like episodes set in the past tbh. But I'll try and look forward to it.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oooh I really want to be on the look out for 12!
Spoiler:
Show

I wonder which episodes that one of them was in before if this is their third?

Possibly something to do with the finale? Or were they just extras and meant to be so? :sherlock:
Pedus
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
18:40 ffs! Why the later time ffs.... Oh well, this and then BGT straight after :yeah: Cannot wait..
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Oooh I really want to be on the look out for 12!
Spoiler:
Show

I wonder which episodes that one of them was in before if this is their third?

Possibly something to do with the finale? Or were they just extras and meant to be so? :sherlock:
Well all their faces featured in the first epsode of this series.....did any of the others appear in any other episodes?
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
William Hartnell appeared in Vampires in Venice on the library card.
thebirthoftragedy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The clues sound tempting, but I don't have the patience to figure them out anymore, and I have no one to discuss them with as everyone I know thinks Dr Who has become crap just lately..
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I reckon #12 is referring to, with the "third appearance" at least, either River, or Nasreem. Though I guess we'll see.
Tomato_Soup1992
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Two former Doctors? as in Dr whos? Or is it a cheap trick and its a medical deoctor making a cmeo for his family and friends?
TheNihilist
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
7 and 12 would be interesting to see.

Gah! 26 minutes left!
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
I reckon #12 is referring to, with the "third appearance" at least, either River, or Nasreem. Though I guess we'll see.
How could it refer to Nasreem thought? Isn't she the one who stayed underground with the Silurians?
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
So what made the episode awesome for you? As I was curious to see if anyone had voted yet I checked out the results and have seen you voted excellent. So is it really that good?
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
How could it refer to Nasreem thought? Isn't she the one who stayed underground with the Silurians?
Yes, but you've got to think in 4D.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads