The Student Room Group

Andrés Iniesta is overrated and needs a slap.

Hi TSR,

Iniesta was terrible in the world cup. Absolutely atrocious. Gosh, I don't even know if i've called something horrible since I saw Wayne Rooney's performance but imo, Iniesta was probably worse.

Passing - 46% of passes complete

Tackling - 12% of tackled completed

Crosses - 64% of crosses complete

Shots - 38% of shots on target

Goals - mostly all fluky.

Just because he scored the winning goal, that makes him amazing? I admit, he's OKAY at club level but at world level, he just can't hack it. He was just like a clown running up and down the field.

Well done Fernando Torres though. Fantastic effort son. :smile:

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just like your dad.
Reply 2
yeah i think hes overrated aswell. he is a good player but not one of the best as people make out and he dives way too ******* much. did you see how much he was diving in the final??
Reply 3
SexWithSana
Hi TSR,

Iniesta was terrible in the world cup. Absolutely atrocious. Gosh, I don't even know if i've called something horrible since I saw Wayne Rooney's performance but imo, Iniesta was probably worse.

Just because he scored the winning goal, that makes him amazing? I admit, he's OKAY at club level but at world level, he just can't hack it. He was just like a clown running up and down the field.

Thoughts?

Do you want to quote that source for those figures?
Reply 4
not to mention his selfishness, Im not surprised he scored the winning goal, as soon as he had the ball the only direction it was going in was goal-ward.
Reply 5
Pass completion rate was actually 73% according to fifa.com. Not sure if this was for the last game or the whole tournament
villa should have scored the winning goal.
Reply 7
SexWithSana
Hi TSR,

Thoughts?

tbh most players at this world cup had stats a lot worse than that
Reply 8
I have to agree. Great player but mighty overrated
He was awful all tournament.
Junk throughout the final until he scored the winning goal and was instantly hailed as the best spanish player of the night by idiot pundits.
He is also a horrible cheat. Dives like no tomorow.
Reply 9
I lost all respect for him in the WC. I never thought I could hate anyone more than that Mary Poppin' Pique but Iniesta has pipped him to the post. The amount of times he dives and makes a meal out of the slightest clip is disgusting. Add his ridiculous hand gestures to that and I rage. And to think Spain won the FIFA Fair Play award when he was getting away with shoving players Van Bommel and appealing straight after. Petulant little ****.

I swear his winning goal was offside as well, he admitted it to the press!
Reply 10
failingatm
Just like your dad.

OH NO SHE DI'INNNT!!!
Very good player but I agree, I think he's been overrated for a few years now
Reply 12
No where near as overrated as Frank Ribery, the most overrated footballer in history.
CaseySD
yeah i think hes overrated aswell. he is a good player but not one of the best as people make out and he dives way too ******* much. did you see how much he was diving in the final??

He's Spanish remember. :p:

He's not the best player in the world (because I don't think there is one) but he is a brilliant talent that Spain and Barcalona would be slightly lost without. He's the main playmaker of both teams - he makes things happen.

Yes he's backed up by Xavi and yes the other players are obviously important, but without the precision and pace in midfield, neither Barca nor Spain would be playing the way they do, and as well as they do.
Reply 14
Guess what, he also scored the winner for Spain so I doubt they give a ****.
its funny... usually hes considered underated. Hes blindly awesome at what he does and if hes good enough for barca then hes good enough for any side
Reply 16
I've been saying he is overrated for a million years. He has become Spain's Lampard.

Xavi however is the best player in the world.
:troll:
If those stats are true I'm really taken aback. I consider Iniestia a top 5 player in the world, along with Messi, Xavi, Torres (on previous form) and Ronaldo - and unlike many players, he (along with Xavi) seem to DOMINATE games I have watched live (on TV)

To quote Ferguson: the last thing you want to do againt Barcelona FC is get caught in the "passing merry-go-round" controlled by the two little magicians
Reply 19
lol as if it took 20 posts to realise it was a troll
im disappointed tsr, very disappointed :frown:
the "well done fernando torres" gave it away

Quick Reply

Latest