The Student Room Group

Nursing 2010 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Hello!

I'm a mature student start Kings College in September to study mental health nursing.....seriously thinking about going into the halls....has anyone got an advice that the can share about which halls would be the best to go it to? Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated! Haven't got a clue! :smile:
mac_attack
Hey.....anyone studying degree in mental health nursing at Kings starting in September? Yet to find someone on here who is! I see you girls above are going to Kings too.......:smile:

Indeed we are =] and i avent really come accross anyone else doing the mental health nursing degree, bt i have seen that there are quite a few people doing the diploma
piranhas_eat_hobos
i dont mind the hats, i actually quite like them, i cnt remember wear i was reading it bt apparently they're thinking about reintroducing the hats for nurses in all hospital throughout the UK because patients cant tell the difference between the nurses and the other staff nd they seem to think the hat will help

You have to be kidding! The hat is terrible and nothing more than an instant link to sex in guys minds now adays. also hats... infection control?! (I work in a hosp atm and all you hear is infection control, infection control, infection control)
i like the idea of a hat but not in reality, must be a pain in the arse, it would always fall off!
mac_attack
Hello!

I'm a mature student start Kings College in September to study mental health nursing.....seriously thinking about going into the halls....has anyone got an advice that the can share about which halls would be the best to go it to? Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated! Haven't got a clue! :smile:

yep i cant wait! I have no idea which halls are best, to be honest they are probably all horrible, tiny and over priced (its central london afterall). Hampstead seems best for size/money ration but its about a 20 min train journey to waterloo.

I havent met any mental health degree people but they said something on my open day about all nursing students no matter what their speciality do the same 1st year together?!
:smile:
out of the blue
yep i cant wait! I have no idea which halls are best, to be honest they are probably all horrible, tiny and over priced (its central london afterall). Hampstead seems best for size/money ration but its about a 20 min train journey to waterloo.

I havent met any mental health degree people but they said something on my open day about all nursing students no matter what their speciality do the same 1st year together?!
:smile:

Yeah I think everyone is together in the first year......which should be good , we'll get to meet loads of people....
I'm a bit annoyed cos I applied to do the degree and didnt realise til afterwards that if I applied for diploma I would get more of a bursary.....grrrr! Got a maintanence loan though so that should make it up, didnt want any more student debt got enough already from first time round!!

I wasn't going to put hampstead cos its a bit far out.......Ive probably stayed in worse places anyway, and it will only be for a year or so.....thinking I'm gonna put the apartments first and then I dont know!

Was gonna put the rectory, wolfston tc, but I've a feeling these might not have that many people in them....I dont know! Got my head is spinning with all this I just want to be sorted!

Where you from?
Hi, im 24 and have just this week accepted an unconditional offer for mental health nursing diploma at Greenwich!! Most probably going to live in halls and im real excited for September!

Anybody else doing nursing at Greenwich, more specifically Mental Health?
Hayleythemonster
Hi, im 24 and have just this week accepted an unconditional offer for mental health nursing diploma at Greenwich!! Most probably going to live in halls and im real excited for September!

Anybody else doing nursing at Greenwich, more specifically Mental Health?

Hey I'm going Children's Nursing diploma at Greenwich, and I will be living in halls hope to see you there !
Reply 667
I just got an offer from Herts :P and i'm definately accepting it.
Dreams really do come true! :biggrin: /end of cheesyness
I'm doing Child Nursing.
out of the blue
You have to be kidding! The hat is terrible and nothing more than an instant link to sex in guys minds now adays. also hats... infection control?! (I work in a hosp atm and all you hear is infection control, infection control, infection control)
i like the idea of a hat but not in reality, must be a pain in the arse, it would always fall off!

Nah i dnt think that would b to bad ud jst need an awful lot of hair grips

But do you know how we apply for our bursary or when we apply for it ? Cos im really starting to panic that i wont be able to afford to go to uni at all
piranhas_eat_hobos
Nah i dnt think that would b to bad ud jst need an awful lot of hair grips

But do you know how we apply for our bursary or when we apply for it ? Cos im really starting to panic that i wont be able to afford to go to uni at all

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=18692216&highlight=OMFG+NHS+bursary#post18692216

here's where all the bursary talk is :smile: Go on to the NHS student bursaries website and print off the form and fill it out, they will send you a reference number and the date to send the form in by.
musicmad123
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=18692216&highlight=OMFG+NHS+bursary#post18692216

here's where all the bursary talk is :smile: Go on to the NHS student bursaries website and print off the form and fill it out, they will send you a reference number and the date to send the form in by.

Thank you =] that has just frazzled my brain though, cos i talked to the finance officer in my college and she didnt have a clue, so she phoned up student finance and she said that the uni's would send out forms for the bursarys, so i really dnt knw
piranhas_eat_hobos
Thank you =] that has just frazzled my brain though, cos i talked to the finance officer in my college and she didnt have a clue, so she phoned up student finance and she said that the uni's would send out forms for the bursarys, so i really dnt knw

The form frazzled my brain. I printed it off about a month ago and looked at it once and havent looked at it again.

I'm not going to be able to afford this! mmmmm, debt. great!. I dont think they officially send out the forms until later but if you do the most of it now at least you can get it in quick.

Hopefully.
mac_attack
Yeah I think everyone is together in the first year......which should be good , we'll get to meet loads of people....
I'm a bit annoyed cos I applied to do the degree and didnt realise til afterwards that if I applied for diploma I would get more of a bursary.....grrrr! Got a maintanence loan though so that should make it up, didnt want any more student debt got enough already from first time round!!

I wasn't going to put hampstead cos its a bit far out.......Ive probably stayed in worse places anyway, and it will only be for a year or so.....thinking I'm gonna put the apartments first and then I dont know!

Was gonna put the rectory, wolfston tc, but I've a feeling these might not have that many people in them....I dont know! Got my head is spinning with all this I just want to be sorted!

Where you from?

Im from surrey :smile:

I did a self assessment form for medical reasons so am either in one of the apartments or liberty living (although if i get the liberty living one i will probably commute in as i cant even afford the apartments let alone the liberty living that costs twice as much.
Wolfson house didnt look too bad. That was my 3rd choice.
x
out of the blue
Im from surrey :smile:

I did a self assessment form for medical reasons so am either in one of the apartments or liberty living (although if i get the liberty living one i will probably commute in as i cant even afford the apartments let alone the liberty living that costs twice as much.
Wolfson house didnt look too bad. That was my 3rd choice.
x

Don't think I'll have much chance of getting the halls anyway, I went to university before and just spoke to someone who said that if i do get a place it ptobably worn beuntil the start of term...bummer.:mad:
So looks like I'm gonna go private....which is a pain in the ass! Still looking forward to it though....can't wait!x
I go into City, and starting in August, is anyone else? add me one facebook if so, im so nervous!!
Hello,

I've been accepted for Adult nursing diploma course for september. Just wondering who else is starting the same course? x
fruitandnut
give us a clue where Natalie! I will be doing adult nursing this Sept, diploma course, I will be at Hertfordshire!, where will you be?

oops, sorry lol. I'm studying at Hull university =]
Reply 677
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this.. I have had a conditional offer from Brighton for the last Adult Nursing Diploma starting Feb 2011. The condtion is that I pass the mathamatics test as I failed it on my iterview day! Does anyomne have a practice test paper? Or know what topics I need to cover? I have been out of school 6 years and have forgotten how to work it all out and need to re learn before taking the test again! I am very worried as am desperate to get it. Any help would be much appreciated! xx
Is there any one else going to Kings that hasnt had their CRB done yet ?
piranhas_eat_hobos
Is there any one else going to Kings that hasnt had their CRB done yet ?

They only emailed me the new online link thing a couple of days ago, maybe give them an email to check?

Quick Reply

Latest