The Student Room Group

Zeus: Master of Olympus won't load

Nor will the expansion Poseidon... . I've installed it properly etc but have Windows 7. When I put it into compatibility mode (with anything, I've tried all of them), the little box will come up with options to play, exit etc but when I click 'play' nothing happens. When I checked processes in task manager 'Zeus.exe' was running, but nothing was happening.

I've tried Google but nothing's come up. Does anyone know if it's possible to play this game on Windows 7? :puppyeyes: If so, how?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Half the games I download don't work, did you torrent it?

It may be a compatibility issue, I have Windows 7 64-bit which can cause problems.

Also, a game based on the greek gods sounds like the ****.
Arekkusu
Half the games I download don't work, did you torrent it?

It may be a compatibility issue, I have Windows 7 64-bit which can cause problems.

Also, a game based on the greek gods sounds like the ****.

:no: Apparently it's a massive problem with Windows 7 :sad: I might have to admit defeat and just install it on the XP PC downstairs.

Haha, it's a city controlling type game based in ancient Greece, it looks great :woo:
Reply 3
It's a really excellent game. I'm sorry that I can be of no help, but I share your pain I have put the disks at the right height so that, from my bed, I can look at them with much the same look as this dog has but my face is less squashed. In the end, I did just install it on an XP computer at the very least, it'll be a sufficient solution until you can find a way to play it on Windows 7.
BJack
It's a really excellent game. I'm sorry that I can be of no help, but I share your pain I have put the disks at the right height so that, from my bed, I can look at them with much the same look as this dog has but my face is less squashed. In the end, I did just install it on an XP computer at the very least, it'll be a sufficient solution until you can find a way to play it on Windows 7.

Okay thanks. :sad: Why the dog haha?
Reply 5
steffi.alexa
Okay thanks. :sad: Why the dog haha?

I was looking for a picture of a mournful gaze to illustrate my distress at not being able to sit in bed having a massive, marblicious, hydratic, cheesepuffy nostalgia trip into the early hours of the morning. That dog was the perfect illustration. :cry2:
BJack
I was looking for a picture of a mournful gaze to illustrate my distress at not being able to sit in bed having a massive, marblicious, hydratic, cheesepuffy nostalgia trip into the early hours of the morning. That dog was the perfect illustration. :cry2:

Haha, have you had any sleep?

I will install it on the PC tomorrow, I mean today, when I get the chance :yep:
steffi.alexa
I got it to work :woo: Unfortunately the only way I could get it to work I'm not too sure is legal :erm: I had to find a version of 'Zeus.exe.' that could run on Windows Vista/7. They should really do a patch for it :sad:

:top:

You should play Caser or Pharaoh. Theyz the shiznizz...:yep:
Good choice of game! Pharaoh was awesome. Never played Emperor.
Eclectic Styles
:top:

You should play Caser or Pharaoh. Theyz the shiznizz...:yep:

Brotherhood

Thanks haha. I've had Pharaoh for years and it was me mentioning that I liked it that caused people to recommend all of the games mentioned in here actually!

Zeus works fine but I don't want to install the expansion (Poseidon) in case it stops it working (I'll then have to uninstall and reinstall Zeus :erm:)
steffi.alexa
Thanks haha. I've had Pharaoh for years and it was me mentioning that I liked it that caused people to recommend all of the games mentioned in here actually!

Zeus works fine but I don't want to install the expansion (Poseidon) in case it stops it working (I'll then have to uninstall and reinstall Zeus :erm:)

Awww mann...when did I get Pharoah? It was...wow...yeah, we're talking a good few years back. Possibly, before I start secondary! I got that with Caesar III and Thief, I think? Played a lot of the Pharoah but a lot more Thief, heh heh...:wink2: Not much for the Caesar, he (it) didn't get much love...:erm:

Those games are really quite unique in their concept. Rather than doing urban planning like in SimCity, you're doing something similar to The Settlers and having to be efficient in your designs and make sure your cities are productive and well-off and never in need. That sounds really quite easy but as you well know, it's a whole other world away from easy...:sigh::nooo:

I've played Pharoah and Caesar, of course. Zeus, I've played a little of but I've never played their other game...weren't they called Immersion Software, the devs?

Also, why not just try the expack? Might as well...and it such an old game, no-one cares if you download a crack for it or whatever! You paid for it (don't answer that for simplicity's sake...:rolleyes:) so you do whatever the hell you want with it! I had to get System Shock 2 running that way, god almighty, that was a toughie to get running and the same problem happened to Thief at one point...they ran on the same engine, bloody old thing...:shifty:
Eclectic Styles
Awww mann...when did I get Pharoah? It was...wow...yeah, we're talking a good few years back. Possibly, before I start secondary! I got that with Caesar III and Thief, I think? Played a lot of the Pharoah but a lot more Thief, heh heh...:wink2: Not much for the Caesar, he (it) didn't get much love...:erm:

Those games are really quite unique in their concept. Rather than doing urban planning like in SimCity, you're doing something similar to The Settlers and having to be efficient in your designs and make sure your cities are productive and well-off and never in need. That sounds really quite easy but as you well know, it's a whole other world away from easy...:sigh::nooo:

I've played Pharoah and Caesar, of course. Zeus, I've played a little of but I've never played their other game...weren't they called Immersion Software, the devs?

Also, why not just try the expack? Might as well...and it such an old game, no-one cares if you download a crack for it or whatever! You paid for it (don't answer that for simplicity's sake...:rolleyes:) so you do whatever the hell you want with it! I had to get System Shock 2 running that way, god almighty, that was a toughie to get running and the same problem happened to Thief at one point...they ran on the same engine, bloody old thing...:shifty:

It works! :woo: I had to get a crack for it to do so though. I don't understand why it works that way but it does :erm: I guess because the company doesn't seem to exist any more that that's the only way to solve it? And yeah, Immersion Software make the best games :yep:

Haha, I know I'm only playing it on level 2 out of 5 and it's still hard :emo:

Right, screw having and early night, I'm gonna stay up all night playing computer games :awesome:
Reply 12
Wow that game is old.

It was the very first PC game I pirated :h:
Ohh if your into Zeus then you might like a bit

Ages of Empire II (come on this game is sex!!!)

or CnC 3 (for those abit more you know hardcore)

well those are my suggestions, i thank god that girls are finally getting into games a bit more...
Broderss
Wow that game is old.

It was the very first PC game I pirated :h:

Haha, it may be old but it's still great :yep:

:hmmm:

GamingEconomist

or CnC 3 (for those abit more you know hardcore)

well those are my suggestions, i thank god that girls are finally getting into games a bit more...

I think I might have played Ages of Empire :yep:

I've always been into games, I'm just not big on shooting ones.
GamingEconomist

or Tiberian Sun (for those abit more you know hardcore)

:yep:

(I'm not kidding: C&C 3 is kindergarden compared to this game...:sigh:)
Eclectic Styles
:yep:

(I'm not kidding: C&C 3 is kindergarden compared to this game...:sigh:)

Ha well it is true that the previous CnC was also fantastic (so was red alert 2) i thought i would say CnC 3 because it was newer and these darn kids and their newly fangled shankled graphics! lol would you prefer me to say CnC 4? or even Red Alert 3??!! (these games made me darn right cry they ruined heaven with them FLIPPING EA! bring back westwood!...
Reply 17
A lot of games dont seem to agree with Windows 7. Ive got the double fail of having a top of the range laptop...with an integrated graphics card which will do anything but play a game. Was impressed I managed to get Morrowind to work, then when I tried to install SWAT4 for a lol it told me if I ran it it could basically blow up my screen.

This made me want to play Emperor (the chinese version of all the pharoh and caeser type ames) hopefully mypc doesn't want to blow itself up rather than run a game thats probs just under a decade old.
Original post by Aemiliana
It works! :woo: I had to get a crack for it to do so though. I don't understand why it works that way but it does :erm: I guess because the company doesn't seem to exist any more that that's the only way to solve it? And yeah, Immersion Software make the best games :yep:

Haha, I know I'm only playing it on level 2 out of 5 and it's still hard :emo:

Right, screw having and early night, I'm gonna stay up all night playing computer games :awesome:

wow i know this thread is rather old but i just bought zeus master of olympus and the expansion pack, was so looking forward to playing it after all these years but then bam! it's telling me there's no disc inserted when there is!

when i google it it seems to be a major problem on windows 7 etc etc i'm reading about all these cracks and whatnot but its kind of going over my head :frown:
could someone help me out please? i'm dying to play this game and gutted aswell cos i've actually bought this legally lol :P

even if it's a pm if the means aren't necessarily *ahem* "legal" as you say :smile: lol
Original post by Brotherhood

Pharaoh was alright but the pyramids started to take a ridiculously long time to build as the game progressed... It lacked the plot/humour of zeus.

I always think of the narrators voice when he did impressions of women like helen of troy. Always made me laugh :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest