The Student Room Group

Tk Maxx Pay?

I had an interview today, hopefully I'll get it but I have no idea what the pays like... Is it minimum wage?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I recently got a job there as a sales associate, and the pay is £5.93, it might vary though...
Reply 2
I have a friend that quit because the pay was really ****.
pina.Love
I have a friend that quit because the pay was really ****.

This- cant really imagine them paying much
Grace*
I recently got a job there as a sales associate, and the pay is £5.93, it might vary though...

I've been working at a store in Hampshire for two years now, and I get £5.83.... :s-smilie:
Reply 5
I have a friend who works there and he gets £5.97 but apparently once you have all the available training it goes up to £6.10.
He was told that different stores pay differently.
I worked as a sales associate there in 2008/9 and got £5.98 p/h. Sounds like it depends on the store though- I worked in St Albans (Hertfordshire).
I've just had an interview with TK Maxx, does anyone know how often they pay you?
On the last working day of the month, e.g. 29th October this month. They owe me about £500 from all the overtime I did last month, grrr.....
Cool thanks. Do I have work a certain length of time before I get my first pay or not?
Depends on what contract your on, for example I was on an 8 hour contract, although in reality I worked about 20 hours a week. Each weeks contracted hours will go into that months pay, but overtime (or additional hours, since you receive the same rate of pay) vary as to what months pay they go into. In general, additional hours worked in the first half of the month will go into that months paycheck, where as additional hours worked in the second half of the month will go into next months paycheck. Ridiculously complicated I know.

In answer to your question though so long as the first load of hours you work qualify for that months pay then you will get it (like everyone else you'll be working with, regardless of length of service) on the last working day of the month. For example the very first month I worked there (October '08) I did 14 hours (including the 2 hour paid induction) and received it all in that months paycheck.

Any problems feel free to message me, after two years of working at the Maxx I 've got their system sussed out. Little tip, keep a record of all the hours you work, so when there's the inevitable pay discrepency you can say "Look, I know how many hours I've worked, why haven't I been paid accordingly?!?". Sorry about the long reply...
i work at tkmaxx but it's for xmas temp and the wage was 6.05 and rising to 6.19 because of xmas and they pay you the last working day of each month
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by (not)The One
Depends on what contract your on, for example I was on an 8 hour contract, although in reality I worked about 20 hours a week. Each weeks contracted hours will go into that months pay, but overtime (or additional hours, since you receive the same rate of pay) vary as to what months pay they go into. In general, additional hours worked in the first half of the month will go into that months paycheck, where as additional hours worked in the second half of the month will go into next months paycheck. Ridiculously complicated I know.

In answer to your question though so long as the first load of hours you work qualify for that months pay then you will get it (like everyone else you'll be working with, regardless of length of service) on the last working day of the month. For example the very first month I worked there (October '08) I did 14 hours (including the 2 hour paid induction) and received it all in that months paycheck.

Any problems feel free to message me, after two years of working at the Maxx I 've got their system sussed out. Little tip, keep a record of all the hours you work, so when there's the inevitable pay discrepency you can say "Look, I know how many hours I've worked, why haven't I been paid accordingly?!?". Sorry about the long reply...

Hi,

Sorry but I dont understand exactly. I got a job today. I got 8 hours contract. And I told to them, I can work only on Saturday and Subday. They said is fine. But I thought 4 hours Saturday and 4 hours Sunday. But in the reality is different? Maybe I have to for more????? How? If my contract is 8 hours, so I work 8 hours isnt'it? They didnt tell me anything about it.

:-(

tHANK YOU
Original post by esztera1
Hi,

Sorry but I dont understand exactly. I got a job today. I got 8 hours contract. And I told to them, I can work only on Saturday and Subday. They said is fine. But I thought 4 hours Saturday and 4 hours Sunday. But in the reality is different? Maybe I have to for more????? How? If my contract is 8 hours, so I work 8 hours isnt'it? They didnt tell me anything about it.

tHANK YOU

Your contract is the minimum hours they must give you and what you have to work. Anything above that is overtime, same pay usually.

Your 8h might be saturday only, but maybe they will give you extra on the sunday.
Reply 14
Original post by esztera1
Hi,

tHANK YOU

You are contracted for 8 hours, meaning you will have to work at least 8 hours a week. Usually, they will put you on for more than that, especially as your availability is so low. You'll probably end up working a six hour shift on both days. Legally, though, you can refuse to work more than those 8 hours if you so choose. I wouldn't recommend it, though.
Reply 15
Hii I want to apply for a vacancy at my local TK Maxx but I've never worked before, what should i include in my employment history?? Ive volunteered at AGe Concern does that count????

Also can anyone help me with the competency questions??? I really really ned this job!! thank you!!
Included anything you feel is relevant and makes you look good, so volunteering is a definite plus, also talk about teamwork and all the usual rubbish employers love hearing (communication skills, good listener etc). In my experience in working as a TK Maxx supervisor it's not unusual to receive 250 applications for 5 jobs, so the competition is very fierce due to the economic climate, just make yourself stand out on the application, form, and if you get an interview make sure you read up on the company, so you can talk about it, that'll impress the managers, and will make them remember you! Best of luck :smile: Let us know what happens. Little tip, make them aware of all the hours you are available as they might ring you for extra hours or cover.
Original post by (not)The One
I've been working at a store in Hampshire for two years now, and I get £5.83.... :s-smilie:

do you get payed that amount per hour or per month or day? :confused:
Original post by tominta123
do you get payed that amount per hour or per month or day? :confused:

Ermm, per hour of course. I left there a while back now, so don't know what they pay these days.
Reply 19
I work for TK maxx in London and I get £7.82 an hour but that is because it is one of their main stores, in Westfield. So the pay depends on which area and which store you are in.

Quick Reply