The Student Room Group

Cupcake society

Scroll to see replies

steffi.alexa
I don't understand this joke. However the History soc is asleep :emo:

Anything Earl Grey TBH, if that's allowed in this soc?

Why not? Its a food society anyway
So, warm up about 250 ml of double cream in a pan, add earl grey (loose leaves) and let infuse for about 5 min. Then, strain out the leaves, warm the cream again, and melt 500g of dark chocolate in te cream (helps if you grate it, so it melts quickly). Cool the ganache, until its thick, dip your hands into cocoa powder, and form round truffles. Drop them into bowl with sifted cocoa powder, so that they are coated evenly, take out and put them on the prepared tray :smile: I have a picture of thm somewhere...
I made Peppa Pig cupcakes for my cousin's 2nd birthday..:smile:

banana cupcakes link :smile: I made these earlier, they are yummy :coma:
http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7914/banana-cupcakes.aspx
Made coffee & walnut cupcakes...I'll post a pic when I can.
Zebrastripes
I'm not sure, sorry. My mym bought them for me in a set, but I threw the box away so I've no idea where they came from. I found some lovely designs on here and here though.

OMG Love your blog.

I'll be using you for inspiration I hate being too lazy to cook. :smile:
I<3LAMP
OMG Love your blog.

I'll be using you for inspiration I hate being too lazy to cook. :smile:

Aww thank you! :biggrin:
:bump:

Don't leave us Cupcake society! :biggrin:
Good call :h: I'm sure the closer we get to Christmas, the more baking will be done and please show us your cakes, people :h: Even if they're just plain ones, we want pics :colone:

http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/shop/9/231/418/420/index.htm I want to get some of these Christmas decorations, reasonable prices or not?
there's a really really nice cupcake shop in the scottish gallery, i'v been resisting it for weeks (£3 cupcakes), but they look wayyyy too good
Woah £3 is a lot. I had a muffin today and I was like :lolwut: at the use by date, it was December :s-smilie: What the hell do they put in them? It tasted rancid anyway and I'm not buying them again.
The new format is up! You can now put pictures of your cupcakes in our group folder by first uploading them to your own picture folder. Do eeeet :biggrin:
Reply 211
Horayy :smile:
Reply 212
i got this for my birthday
new favourite toy!
Original post by sofee
new favourite toy!

OMG and this works? That looks so easy peasy!
Reply 214
Original post by sofee
new favourite toy!

That looks amazing, is it any good? I'm currently living somewhere with no oven and am missing my cake fix :frown:
Reply 217
Original post by Sheepie
That looks amazing, is it any good? I'm currently living somewhere with no oven and am missing my cake fix :frown:

i totally advise you get one! you just heat up the machine, make up the cake mix, pour in the mix (no need for cases!) then leave it for 15-20 minutes and you have yummy mini cupcakes!
Reply 218
Original post by sofee
i totally advise you get one! you just heat up the machine, make up the cake mix, pour in the mix (no need for cases!) then leave it for 15-20 minutes and you have yummy mini cupcakes!

Excellent, think I will do (when I get back to the UK...) :biggrin: Thanks!
Hi guys, though I'd ressurect this cupcake society :biggrin:

Anyone made any creations lately?

I'm wondering if you guys could help me too? For my dissertation I am creating a website for cupcake recipes and have created a questionnaire to gather some research. If anyone is interested could you fill it in for me? Link is here. Thanks :smile:

(if this is against the rules mods, sorry and feel free to delete this post!)

Quick Reply

Latest