The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8200
I am messenger Markus Zusak
Reply 8201
The Left Hand of God - Paul Hoffman (never even heard of him).

Picked it randomly in the library, been ages since I read a book, I'm loving it so far.
The Nazis - a warning from history. Though must admit I've kinda given up.
Fiction for my course: Dante - Vita Nuova, Divina Commedia; Petrarca - Il Canzionere.
Fiction for my own pleasure: Nick Hornby - High Fidelity
Non-Fiction for my course - Pietro Beltrami - Gli Strumenti della Poesia; I Luoghi dell'Arte Vol. 2 (multiple authors) ; Linguistica Generale (multiple authors)

Oh, what fun :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Why Look at Animals by John Berger, amongst a couple of others.
Skullduggery Pleasant: Playing with Fire - Derek Landy
In the hands of the Taliban by Yvonne Ridley - It's about the sunday express journalist who got kidnapped by the taliban on her 2001 visit to afghanistan!
Reply 8207
Women, Art, Power and other essays by Linda Nochlin. fuuuuuuuuun!
Original post by Cinqueta
Skullduggery Pleasant: Playing with Fire - Derek Landy

awesome book :biggrin:

I'm currently reading - Guns, Germs and Steel: A short history of everybody for the last 13,000 years
This thread.
Reply 8210
I've just today started 'Down and Out in Paris and London' by George Orwell.
Sort of reading three at the same time;
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
Brave New World by Alduous Huxley and then a book about Decartes
Reply 8212
Just finished 'Gentlemen and Players', by Joanne Harris. Just wow.
The Curious incident of the dog in the night time by Mark Haddon. It was suggested to me by my lecturer, its more interesting than I thought it would be. :smile:
Reply 8214
pay it forward by catherine ryan hide
I've been reading Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall. It's really good. And I've literally just started Philip Roth's Sabbath's Theater but don't know that I can really read two books at once so may have to abandon that for a bit. Certainly looks interesting though :smile: I also need to read Captain Corelli's Mandolin over half-term for English.
a clock work orange...still not sure what to make of it..
Original post by Wish I Could Change This
Sort of reading three at the same time;
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
Brave New World by Alduous Huxley and then a book about Decartes

Gotta love a bit of Bryson!
I'm reading At Home by him now, and also part 3 of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King though I can't for the life of me remember it's title!
Original post by bananaterracottapie
a clock work orange...still not sure what to make of it..

AMAZING book. really cleverly written. half the fun lies in trying to figure out what he is on about! :wink:
'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee currently, but I need a couple of new books to read, preferably dystopian, for someone who enjoyed 'The Road' and '1984', any recommendations?

Latest