The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Reply 9920
*done
Reply 9921
^ Good to have people to talk to.

My tummy hurts loads today. :frown: Oncoming period + probably depression and whatever else = even worse. I get really awful PMT. I sometimes think men get it good.

Strangely, I am just wanting my appointment already. I want to get better and I want to know what is wrong.

So tired of being miserable, getting people around me down, letting it govern my life.
Reply 9922
Yeah but there is nothing to me so if it controls me it controls nothing.
No-one is going to judge you or anything if you tell them. You can't take this on your own - it doesn't work like that :frown: Can you get yourself to somewhere safe, where there's nothing to hurt yourself with?
Reply 9924
But, I know I won't tell anyone, I think I might do it sometime, I've got a whole week alone at home, I don't see how I'm going to get through it.
Reply 9925
Original post by kiss_me_now9
No-one is going to judge you or anything if you tell them. You can't take this on your own - it doesn't work like that :frown: Can you get yourself to somewhere safe, where there's nothing to hurt yourself with?

Ive realised I cant do it on my own, but I cant tell anyone! They wont understand or beileve me or, or anything!
Reply 9926
Original post by FDSGD12
They wont understand or beileve me or, or anything!

You've never tried to know.

What point is there in ending it when you've not tried anything else? It's not a first resort, hell, it's not a last one either.
Reply 9927
Where's a safe place??
Reply 9928
Original post by Jinxy
You've never tried to know.

What point is there in ending it when you've not tried anything else? It's not a first resort, hell, it's not a last one either.

But it would be so easy. I would just be lying to myself if I was better thinking the world was good, that I was.
A+E if you're feeling really like you might do something. Just ask to see the Crisis team. Or a friends house.
Reply 9930
This icecream is so good.

Comfort eating is better than self harming I think. :p:
Reply 9931
I dont have any really close friends though and going to A+E would involve telling my parents
Original post by Jinxy
This icecream is so good.

Comfort eating is better than self harming I think. :p:

Most definitely :h:
Can people with depression have good days and bad days? I'm not sure whether I might suffer from it, my family seem to think so anyway. But it's making that move and going to see the doctor that I just can't seem to be able to do.

I'm unemployed at the moment, so I'm claiming JSA. I'm applying for jobs, but keep getting rejections or hear nothing back. The few interviews I have had, I only succeeded in one of them and that wasn't even a proper interview! Because of my "unemployed status", I keep getting into arguments with the family, mostly my dad, and it really gets me down!

I had one of said arguments yesterday and was then awake until gone 4.30 in the morning, crying my eyes out. In fact I've messed my whole sleeping pattern up. I seem to sleep that much during the day that when it gets to the night time, I can't sleep! So I then lay awake thinking about all the bad things in my life and how I wish to god I could change them. :frown:

I know there is such a thing as social anxiety, which I may suffer from. It does say on the net that it can cause depression. Since being a little kid, I've never really found it easy to make friends. I have like one close friend from school, and two close friends that I've made since leaving 6th form. I find it easier to speak to people online than in person. Hate social gatherings - so I either avoid them at all cost, or panic about them for weeks/days before. Then when they arrive, if I do go, I panic that everyone's watching me etc...

My eating pattern is not very good to be honest. Due to the fact that I sleep a lot through the day, I generally only ever have one meal a day which is tea - and then snack through the rest of the day. Even when I'm awake in the day though, it's all snacks and then one proper meal at night.

I've never thought about harming myself, but some days I do wish I never existed. Life would be much easier for my family and people i'm close to, because then I wouldn't cause arguments with them all the time. I wouldn't be here feeling unhappy either.

The one thing I do feel kind of proud with myself for is arranging a one day course with my Job Centre adviser. I told him I have very little self-esteem and so I go next Thursday and practice interview techniques/application techniques etc...

One thing that I feel keeps me going through out the bad days is music. And also my brother, I am very close to him.

I dunno. I've probably gone a little way off topic here. Sorry for the little rant thing.
Reply 9934
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Most definitely :h:

:colondollar: I've eaten like half a tub of Ben & Jerries now and I should not have done that cos I'm about to burst, lol. :colondollar:
Reply 9935
I see this ending only two ways, someone sees I have a problem and helps me and gets me help or I have a really bad day and kill myself and I think the second is more likely.
They won't tell your parents, it's a confidentiality thing.
Reply 9937
But how am I meant to get there, I live 10 miles away from a hospital!
Reply 9938
Any alternatives????
Taxi? Tell someone :hugs: Please stay safe. I'm off for a bit now but I'm certain you'll get through this.

Latest