The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NuclearSunshine
'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee currently, but I need a couple of new books to read, preferably dystopian, for someone who enjoyed 'The Road' and '1984', any recommendations?

ive read all those recently i'm currently reading dubliners which is really good especially 'the dead'. or you could read animal farm
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Liking it so far but not as much as One Hundred Years of Solitude, that book is actually :coma:
watchmen - graphic novel

Not sure if it counts, but its incredible either way
Personal Statements - How to write UCAS Personal Statement
Original post by doomhalo
Gotta love a bit of Bryson!
I'm reading At Home by him now, and also part 3 of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King though I can't for the life of me remember it's title!

I love how he tells everything like it's a story-tale :tongue:
How are you finding At Home?
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe is the only work of literature i have on the go at the moment.
Original post by Wish I Could Change This
I love how he tells everything like it's a story-tale :tongue:
How are you finding At Home?

I'm really enjoying it! I've got to say more than I anticipated. Been a good time killer today, i've been ill in bed all day! :frown:
I still think my favourite is A Walk in the Woods though!
iv just started reading "join me by danny wallace" again after finally getting it back off my sister who has had it for about 4/5 months now but just before that i was reading the "bedside book of murder" which iv read so many times that a couple of the pages have started to come loose.
Julius Caesar by Shakespeare :colondollar:
Does that count?
Reply 8229
Original post by Star Princess
Heehee I read it when all three books were combined, took me a fair old while but it was worth it!!

Haha! I was reading it as all 3 books in one but it was very slow going, so I got the 3 book edition in a charity shop (£2.79 and they hadn't been read!!!) and now it's going very well. :biggrin:
Reply 8230
Just finished 'Cancer Ward' by Alexander Solzhenitsyn, currently reading 'Moab is my Washpot' by Stephen Fry and going to read 'Death at Intervals' By Jose Saramago
Reply 8231
Original post by NuclearSunshine
'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee currently, but I need a couple of new books to read, preferably dystopian, for someone who enjoyed 'The Road' and '1984', any recommendations?

'We' By Yevgeny Zamyatin and 'Blindness' By Jose Saramago were good
Reply 8232
I am reading 'The Pact' by Jodi Picoult, just finished 'Nineteen Minutes'
- Ulysses - Joyce
- The plays of Sophocles, currently in the middle of Ajax.

Big thread.
Reply 8234
Just finishing The Shining.

Spoiler

Then FINALLY moving onto Slaughterhouse 5, which I've been waiting to read for a good year or so.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm just about to start To Kill A Mockingbird, then The Kite Runner and In Search Of Adam.
I am Reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad.
Original post by Evanesyne
I'm just about to start To Kill A Mockingbird, then The Kite Runner and In Search Of Adam.

To kill a mockingbird is a great book!!!! So is Dorian gray by Oscar Wilde.

Right now though its heart of darkness ny conrad!!1 Woop :woop:
Reply 8238
i'm currently reading the problems of philosophy - bertrand russell
I've just finished Fatherland by Robert Harris, about to start reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

Latest

Trending

Trending