The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Wohooooooo have an offer from Keele

It's a relief to know that i'm going somewhere :smile:
Hi

When you get an acknowledgment from a University does that usually mean a good thing, like they will make you an offer.

Cos I got 2 and thought it was good..

thanks,
Rob
Original post by sneakerologist
I wish someone would light a flare everytime there is a status change. I can't go to bed without checking Track, ridiculous!

I promised to myself today that I would not check Track during half term starting from tomorrow :yep: (in a rather futile attempt to wean myself off my addiction)....but then I opened my inbox to see that my Track status had been updated. I then duly logged onto Track and found that I'd got a conditional offer from Nottingham. Unfortunately, as a result of the excitation caused by this, my Track addiction will be greatly exacerbated and I will have to renege on my promise. :facepalm: :tongue:
Reply 343
they're just to say the university has got your application, and are usually automated so i usually don't mean anything about the status of your application, sorry.
It doesn't guarantee anything, I'm afraid!
It just means that they've got it.
I think it's basically confirmation that they have your application. I suppose it's nice knowing that the application has arrived but they can still reject you.
Original post by Introverted moron
I promised to myself today that I would not check Track during half term starting from tomorrow :yep: (in a rather futile attempt to wean myself off my addiction)....but then I opened my inbox to see that my Track status had been updated. I then duly logged onto Track and found that I'd got a conditional offer from Nottingham. Unfortunately, as a result of the excitation caused by this, my Track addiction will be greatly exacerbated and I will have to renege on my promise. :facepalm: :tongue:

I thought that once I'd heard from one university I'd stop checking constantly, but I think it's made me even more impatient! I even check it at 1am in the morning in case any admissions tutors are crazy enough to be replying at that time :redface: And I got that spam email too :angry:
Reply 347
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
I thought that once I'd heard from one university I'd stop checking constantly, but I think it's made me even more impatient! I even check it at 1am in the morning in case any admissions tutors are crazy enough to be replying at that time :redface: And I got that spam email too :angry:

I thought I'd be calmer too! But no, just hoping for my UWE offer! :frown:
Original post by niddlez
So I check me e-mail to find I have a new message in my inbox. It could only be from UCAS, I think to myself.

My heart skips a beat as I click "Inbox"...only to find it is a UCAS message - TO JOIN FRIGGIN YOUGO!

I am so annoyed right now. Ugh. I can't even.

I felt the same way you are feeling :angry:
It's a standard thing they send out to everyone who's applied. Doesn't mean you'll necessarily get an offer.
Hello everybody!

I am by no means new to TSR, but only recently did I make myself an account. I made it because I absolutely HAD to be a part of this forum!!! I sent in my application on October 9th, and have only received acknowledgements from Edinburgh and thaaaaaat's about it. I. AM. GOING. MAD!!!!! So when I saw how I was not the only track addict, I just had to join this wonderful group of crazies!

So thank you all for making me feel better about my new found insanity!
Reply 351
Original post by niddlez
So I check me e-mail to find I have a new message in my inbox. It could only be from UCAS, I think to myself.

My heart skips a beat as I click "Inbox"...only to find it is a UCAS message - TO JOIN FRIGGIN YOUGO!

I am so annoyed right now. Ugh. I can't even.

When I saw UCAS in my inbox I thought I was heaving a heart attack but it was bloody Yougo :mad: (I still joined it though :redface:)
Reply 352
Original post by Chris11
When I saw UCAS in my inbox I thought I was heaving a heart attack but it was bloody Yougo :mad: (I still joined it though :redface:)

Lol I was so annoyed I closed the stupid thing without bothering to join.

Do people use Yougo?
Reply 353
Original post by niddlez
Lol I was so annoyed I closed the stupid thing without bothering to join.

Do people use Yougo?

Some do but it's not that active in my opinion, might depend on the course you're applying for and the universities though. It pulls of all your UCAS info, so people who are applying for your course at your uni, you can see.
Reply 354
Original post by jimbles
Some do but it's not that active in my opinion, might depend on the course you're applying for and the universities though. It pulls of all your UCAS info, so people who are applying for your course at your uni, you can see.

I may check it out to feed my UCAS addiction lol.

AND I have the strangest feeling I may be the ONLY applicant for film studies in 2011.
Reply 355
Original post by niddlez
I may check it out to feed my UCAS addiction lol.

AND I have the strangest feeling I may be the ONLY applicant for film studies in 2011.

You might be surprised to be fair, I reckon there will be more than you think!

Although YouGo is useless for me this year, has my details on from last year! :angry:
Reply 356
How can you have offers already? Don't the admissions tutors have to look at your predicated grades to give an offer? My teachers said those aren't final until January :/. I guess it might be different for schools that certificate though.

Also I was wondering, is it wiser to apply for a MEng rather than BEng? I'm not sure, but my 6th form head said that applying for MEng would be better and if they didn't think I was good enough for it they would put me in the BEng course. I'm not sure which to apply for at the moment, but surely applying for BEng would be easier for an offer?
Original post by Capriceoncloud9
Hello everybody!

I am by no means new to TSR, but only recently did I make myself an account. I made it because I absolutely HAD to be a part of this forum!!! I sent in my application on October 9th, and have only received acknowledgements from Edinburgh and thaaaaaat's about it. I. AM. GOING. MAD!!!!! So when I saw how I was not the only track addict, I just had to join this wonderful group of crazies!

So thank you all for making me feel better about my new found insanity!

Welcome to the circus :biggrin:
Reply 358
This is getting a bit out of hand now to be honest... just had a nightmare that I got all rejections. Lol!
Reply 359
Original post by Anti
This is getting a bit out of hand now to be honest... just had a nightmare that I got all rejections. Lol!

I had that nightmare too! You're not alone lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending