Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Woow, been there before, Good luck :smile:
Reply 361
Original post by niddlez
I had that nightmare too! You're not alone lol

We are sad. Lmao! :tongue:
Original post by Rubgish
No, it does tell you to wait for it because your ID might change, but you can try it as soon as it is sent off and there is a pretty good chance it will work.

I read somewhere that your ID only changes if you're a re-applicant?
Reply 363
Original post by Raimu
How can you have offers already? Don't the admissions tutors have to look at your predicated grades to give an offer? My teachers said those aren't final until January :/. I guess it might be different for schools that certificate though.

Also I was wondering, is it wiser to apply for a MEng rather than BEng? I'm not sure, but my 6th form head said that applying for MEng would be better and if they didn't think I was good enough for it they would put me in the BEng course. I'm not sure which to apply for at the moment, but surely applying for BEng would be easier for an offer?
Your Head of 6th is right - if you have the grades, apply for the MEng. If they won't accept you for that, they'll be quite likely to offer you the BEng instead. Also, when it comes to Results Day, people who miss their offers for the MEng quite often get a place for the BEng instead.
at least acknowledge me unis come on
Received an acknowledgement from Cardiff today. :smile:
I wish I had some offers though!
acknowledged by oxford, lse and ucl but no acknowledgement from warwick and manchester yet. i wonder if it takes universities longer to process international applicants.
I'm reapplying this year, and kinda nervous....I got 5 offers last year, what if this time round I get none :O :s-smilie:
Reply 368
Original post by Minerva
Your Head of 6th is right - if you have the grades, apply for the MEng. If they won't accept you for that, they'll be quite likely to offer you the BEng instead. Also, when it comes to Results Day, people who miss their offers for the MEng quite often get a place for the BEng instead.

I see, so in that case there isn't anything to lose if I apply for MEng. But shouldn't everyone just apply for MEng if this is true? Unless of course they don't want to study for the extra year.
Reply 369
Original post by ninjacarlotta
I read somewhere that your ID only changes if you're a re-applicant?

It seems to be true that re-applicants get given a temporary new ID, then when it comes to track it reverts back to the old ID (It certainly did for me, being a re-applicant), but that is not to say there are not other possible reasons why it could change.
Reply 370
Original post by Raimu
How can you have offers already? Don't the admissions tutors have to look at your predicated grades to give an offer? My teachers said those aren't final until January :/. I guess it might be different for schools that certificate though.

Also I was wondering, is it wiser to apply for a MEng rather than BEng? I'm not sure, but my 6th form head said that applying for MEng would be better and if they didn't think I was good enough for it they would put me in the BEng course. I'm not sure which to apply for at the moment, but surely applying for BEng would be easier for an offer?

Well if you think you have the grades to get accepted into an MEng course, then do so.
But if you are in doubt, why don't you apply for the BEng course - quite a few universities will allow you to transfer to the MEng in your second or third year if you're doing well enough :smile:
Arrgh I'm so impatient. Even though it's only been a few weeks, it feels like months!
Reply 372
I got my first two offers only days apart and I have a feeling the other unis will take longer to make a decision. :frown: At least Cardiff acknowledged me.
4 outta 5 acknowledgements :biggrin:

no offers as yet

but a girl and boy from ym school got offers from Sheffield and Manchester respectively
and another girl has an interview at Nottingham, so looks like the relay of offers has begun...hope the baton is passed to me soon :biggrin:
I sent my UCAS application to study psychology on the 12th of October to:

Cambridge (Newnham)
Birmingham
Sheffield
Reading
Bangor

and so far i have only heard something back from Cambridge, which was for my SAQ and essays.....

I have noticed that Sheffield give offers out quite early, but i have not heard anything from them even though my predicted grades are much higher than required.....:confused:

Lots of people on the student room have already had offers back from sheffield.

Has anyone else received any offers from these universities yet???:smile:
Reply 375
As long as you haven't had any rejections yet you should be fine...
(Last year) I can't remember when I sent my application (either in October or November), but I only got my offers in December. Got all 5 offers within 6 days; and it was a week before xmas too so it was xmas come early.
Feel the same lol really hate waiting on the unis

But I guess we are just being impatient..
Reply 378
I got acknowledgements already from Durham, St. Andrews, Southampton and Hull. No offers/rejections though! and AES from Durham doesn't let me log in anynmore for some reason :|
Reply 379
Someone's got an offer from Warwick for Maths - now I'm panicking! Checking track every 5 minutes :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending