Course: Computer Science (G400)
Date Application sent: 7th October
Decision: Conditional
Offer conditions: AAA
Your reaction: Pleasantly Surprised

So jealous! What are your grades?
Original post by Kar09
Hi... I was just wondering...

What does it mean when both courses have the same code? Does it mean that it has the same topics in the course?

No. Basically, if two universities run the same course they will usually have the same code. i.e Chemistry F100 and Medicine A100. However, different universities will have different topics/modules for those same course, to an extent that they can sometime appear different courses from what i've heard although usually they are pretty much the same except for the odd unit/module. Option modules tend to differ a lot though.
Original post by asabashoyuki
According to this, no I don't think so.

Love your "NAISU". (Thumbs up)

Thank you :smile: I absolutely love Manchester and even more so the course :biggrin:
Reply 23
University: Warwick
Course: Mathematics (G100)
Date Application sent: 23rd September
Offer conditions: A*A*A + 2 STEP
Your reaction: Over the MOON!!! Got it last night and haven't stopped celebrating =P
tip for all of you:

ucas sends the "the status of your application has changed" email after 5pm, so you'll only know before then if u check track
Do offers come on weekends? D:
Reply 26
Got an offer from Nottingham for Politics, lower than usual offer! :smile:

:party::party:
Reply 27
Original post by inspirational912
tip for all of you:

ucas sends the "the status of your application has changed" email after 5pm, so you'll only know before then if u check track

that's weird... I got this email at 1.47pm :smile:
Original post by abbiie
that's weird... I got this email at 1.47pm :smile:

then they've changes it since last year

oops:colondollar:
Reply 29
Original post by BM Max
University: Warwick
Course: Mathematics (G100)
Date Application sent: 23rd September
Offer conditions: A*A*A + 2 STEP
Your reaction: Over the MOON!!! Got it last night and haven't stopped celebrating =P

Congratulations! Well done!! I'm happy for you, although I am now a manic track checker! That's exactly what I want to do and Warwick is my top choice!

Did your offer come through track or through the post? Also, do you know if they look at applications starting with the ones sent in first and do it in that order? Just so that I can work out when to expect a rejection (or hopefully an offer!).
Original post by Paulinacatherine
Universisty: University of Aberystwyth
Course: M100 Law
Date Application sent: 14th October
Offer conditions: BBB
Reaction: Well... expected unconditional with AABBC on A/S :frown:

Why? You haven't got BBB at A2. You can only get an unconditional if you already have the grades
Why? You haven't got BBB at A2. You can only get an unconditional if you already have the grades

how can I get A2 after just 1 years of sixth form?
Original post by helenamm92
University: University of Warwick
Course: Physics (MPhys)
Conditions: AAB
Reaction: Absolutely ecstatic :biggrin: love Warwick ^_^

I'm applying for the same course, when did you send off your ucas?
People who get unconditional offers have already completed their A Levels in full.

Oww.. I thought that you are getting unconditional if you have predicted grades and enough points :frown: I have already 260 UCAS points and Aberystwyth wants 300 :smile:
Reply 34
how can I get A2 after just 1 years of sixth form?

you can't, thats why you don't have an unconditional offer. They are given to those who already meet the requirements of the course - they got their A2's last year or whenever in other words.

Why would you think you'd get unconditional?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Oww.. I thought that you are getting unconditional if you have predicted grades and enough points :frown: I have already 260 UCAS points and Aberystwyth wants 300 :smile:
Predicted grades are just that - you might not achieve them. The requirement for 300 points will normally include a minimum of 80 points at A level (ie EE) because the standard entry requirements for undergraduate study nationally (ie in England and Wales) are two full A levels or equivalent.

The Scottish system is different and it is theoretically possible to get an unconditional offer based on AS levels only, though I've not come across an example as far as I can remember.
Reply 36
Original post by Billy Bryant
No. Basically, if two universities run the same course they will usually have the same code. i.e Chemistry F100 and Medicine A100. However, different universities will have different topics/modules for those same course, to an extent that they can sometime appear different courses from what i've heard although usually they are pretty much the same except for the odd unit/module. Option modules tend to differ a lot though.

Thank you for replying! :smile:

Soo... for the code: PQ91, for English Language and Linguistics, both KCL and university of Swansea have that same code, so they do a similar course, right?

Because in your example, you had Chemistry with the course code: F100 and with Medicine it was A100 and I got a bit confused. Sorry.:redface:
Original post by Kar09
Thank you for replying! :smile:

Soo... for the code: PQ91, for English Language and Linguistics, both KCL and university of Swansea have that same code, so they do a similar course, right?

Because in your example, you had Chemistry with the course code: F100 and with Medicine it was A100 and I got a bit confused. Sorry.:redface:

Both courses would have the same name and likely be very similar but they would differ slightly on the individual modules. You would need to check the course structure from the individual universities.
Reply 38
Original post by (You)
For entry into a Scottish university, only Highers (AS-level equivalents) are usually required (vast majority of courses) so many Scottish applicants receive unconditional offers even though they are still in school. So, it's entirely possible.

There are loads of examples on TSR. :lolwut: I could find you some if you wish.
Of people with Highers, or people with AS Levels only getting unconditional offers? It's the latter that I haven't seen happen. The issue is that it is normal for Scottish students to have Highers only at the point of admission to a Scottish uni - whereas the general expectation is that uni applicants from elsewhere in the UK will have or be expecting to have full A levels or the equivalent.
Reply 39
Hey, I've received an offer from a university for a course that is different to the one that I applied for. Are they allowed to do that? Am major confused :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending