The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
sidra111
u r not muslim therefore u r not aware of islami's rule. wearing scarf is not just about hiding ur beauty, it's about the beliefs u have toward ur religions and a test of whether u would follow those rules or not. weraing scarf also safe u from sexual attacks

*facepalm*
Reply 181
sidra111
weraing scarf also safe u from sexual attacks

You're confusing scarves with tasers.
Reply 182
[QUOTE="Bonged."]
sidra111

My family would be unhappy if I was unhappy.

i don't let my family realise that i'm not happy with the decision of head scarf but somehow i have to adjust it. if i start showing them i'm not happy with scarf issue, my parents would think i am being disobedient to them and will give me a long lecture by giving example of other religious famiy's daughter and make me feel i'm the worst daughter in this world and they regret the time i was born. this would make situation much worse and i can't take anymore:frown: .
Reply 183
[QUOTE="sidra111"]
Bonged.

i don't let my family realise that i'm not happy with the decision of head scarf but somehow i have to adjust it. if i start showing them i'm not happy with scarf issue, my parents would think i am being disobedient to them and will give me a long lecture by giving example of other religious famiy's daughter and make me feel i'm the worst daughter in this world and they regret the time i was born. this would make situation much worse and i can't take anymore:frown: .

Your parents sound like really nasty people.
Reply 184
tommy5x
You're confusing scarves with tasers.

i don't know:confused: this is what i've heard from people that are religious that headscarf save u form men evil's eyes and protect ur honour:yep:
Reply 185
[QUOTE="Bonged."]
sidra111

Your parents sound like really nasty people.

not really, my parents shout at me when i do something against their wills otherwise they love me a lot and always been proud of me until the issue of scarf
To all those saying wearing a headscarf is compulsory in Islam: I am a Muslim and do not wear a headscarf. Shoot me.

'Hijab' (and being a Muslim, for that matter) is much, much more than the 'compulsory' covering of the hair. Please do your research before giving vague, ill-informed advice.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 187
Retrospect
To all those saying wearing a headscarf is compulsory in Islam: I am a Muslim and do not wear a headscarf. Shoot me.

'Hijab' (and being a Muslim, for that matter) is much, much more than the 'compulsory' covering of the hair. Please do your research before giving vague, ill-informed advice.

is ur parents are strict muslim:confused:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 188
sidra111

That has nothing to do with whether it's compulsory in Islam or not.
Reply 189
Retrospect

Hijaab is compulsory for women.

Yes there is more to it than that, but that doesnt change the fact that it is comulsory.

Shows how much you know of the deen.

This video will be very interesting for everyone to watch, especially non Muslims
Reply 190
tommy5x
That has nothing to do with whether it's compulsory in Islam or not.

it is. if ur parents are strict muslim then they'll force u to wear headscarf as it would make u look very religious and belongs to a repsctable family. this is what i've heard from my parents and otehr religious peoples
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 191
Your parents aren't the makers of Allah's law.
Reply 192
tommy5x
Your parents aren't the makers of Allah's law.

when did i say they are:mad:
i'm saying what i've heard form people, parents and islamic lecturers:mad:
(edited 13 years ago)
sidra111

There is no such thing as a strict or non-strict muslim. There is no halfway house. You either follow the Qur'an and the Sunna or you do not. There is no picking and choosing. You will find that my parents gave me the best possible upbringing based on Islamic values. I learnt good manners and learnt to respect people of all backgrounds, and most importantly to fear Allah. I pray five times a day and aim to remember Allah in everything I do. Would you not say that living your life by these values is more important than covering my hair?

My mother wears the headscarf, and from a young age she told me that it was up to me to decide whether to wear it or not. I have met so many girls who have been forced to wear the headscarf by their families, who call themselves Muslims but many of their actions suggest anything but. These girls were not taught their Deen and now follow a very different path.

Nowhere in the Qur'an does it say specifically that you must cover your head.

Surah an-Nur verse 31 reads:

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (necks, chests) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

Surah al-Ahzab verse 59 reads:

O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their outergarments (jilbabs) close around them; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle.

subzero90

Don't you dare suggest that I do not know my Deen. That will be for Allah, and Allah alone to decide.
(edited 13 years ago)
thisisnew
But how can the OP make their own mind up when the choices are

1) Adhere to the families requests and be unhappy
2) Make your own decision and compromise the "honour" of her family with potentially harmful consequences.

See this is my gripe with religion and Islam in particular. It absolutely baffles me that in this day and age young people especially can be made to feel so trapped over something like wearing a ******* scarf on their head.

The whole notion that not wearing one makes you NOT modest is beyond irrational.

Well now your just making assumptions...
Reply 195
Let's be honest: there is no legitimate argument for telling or forcing other people to wear or not wear a certain garment or to shun people for not wearing or for wearing a certain garment. If anybody tells you to wear something that you do not want to do wear then they are clearly not particularly concerned about you as a person or your welfare. Do your own thing and if people are not happy with that, just think 'sod them'. Only a small-minded bigot would object to anyone's right to choose their own clothing.
You guys are...
Retrospect

the consensus of the scholars for over a thousand years has been that headscarf is compulsory.
your not a bad Muslim if you do not wear it and nor can anyone be forced to wear it, however you cannot say that it is not compulsory.

in the verse you pointed out (surah an-Nur verse 31) the world "veil" comes from the Arabic word "Khimar" which means a piece of cloth that covers the head, this is proof enough that covering the head is compulsory on Muslim women.
Reply 198
Original post by CombineHarvester
You mean douche?

Please tell me you got a warning for that?
Original post by zaza2345

Original post by zaza2345
Please tell me you got a warning for that?

No :smug:

Latest

Trending

Trending