The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Applying for English. I haven't had an acknowledgement either; does anybody know what the system is with Leeds? I didn't get an acknowledgement from Glasgow but I got an offer really quickly, so is it more likely that the unis that don't give acknowledgements as fast might just go straight in with an offer?

I'm not sure how quick Leeds usually are.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 61
Original post by kuroshokora
Applying for English. I haven't had an acknowledgement either; does anybody know what the system is with Leeds? I didn't get an acknowledgement from Glasgow but I got an offer really quickly, so is it more likely that the unis that don't give acknowledgements as fast might just go straight in with an offer?

I'm not sure how quick Leeds usually are.

I've heard absolutely no news from them, it's very odd. I looked on the thread from last year and they started giving offers for English in November, so I don't think we'll have too long to wait.
Reply 62
Now I'm on all of them. Politics and Parliamentary Studies here!
Reply 63
Got an offer on Thursday for English and Spanish - AAB!!
Btw, I received no confirmation email from them or anything so I'm sure everything is fine guys!
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm a bit late to this, :colondollar: but anyway, I've applied for French.

Good luck to everyone applying! :h:
Reply 65
I've applied to Leeds for L100 Economics. Fingers crossed!
Reply 66
Have I posted in here? I've applied for English, Q300. Also, has anybody received an acknowledgement yet?
Reply 67
Original post by no chance
Have I posted in here? I've applied for English, Q300. Also, has anybody received an acknowledgement yet?

I don't think Leeds do acknowledgements.
Reply 68
Original post by Muffinz
I don't think Leeds do acknowledgements.

That's comforting. Thanks muffinz. :smile:
Original post by Paparazzi
Got an offer on Thrusday for English and Spanish - AAB!!
Btw, I received no confirmation email from them or anything so I'm sure everything is fine guys!

Oh my goodness congratulations on the offer ! :dance:
When did you send off your application ?
Reply 70
Applying to Graphic and Communication Design (BBB)
Almost wasn't able to apply at all because my media studies teacher thought I would get a C in A level media studies (got a B overall, A in coursework, C in exam). Managed to talk them out of giving me a C and gave me a B instead = 3=
Completed UCAS on Thursday, unsure if referee has sent yet~
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by PhilliChilli
Oh my goodness congratulations on the offer ! :dance:
When did you send off your application ?

Thank you! It was processed on the 13th October and got the offer by the 21st.... was not expecting them to get back to me so quickly!
(edited 13 years ago)
When I applied to do English at Leeds 2 years ago I'm sure I was sent an acknowledgement but nothing this time - not worried, just want to here soon! I sent mine on the 15th September!
Reply 73
Hooray for Leeds!
Aside from Edinburgh it's really the only one of my five choices I really really really want to go to!

I'm applying for deferred 2012 entry for Chinese and Japanese :love:
Fingers crossed.
I do remember that last year instead of an acknowledgement the English department sent an email saying they were rejecting me, alongside the UCAS update email. So watch out for those emails! :tongue:
Reply 75
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
I do remember that last year instead of an acknowledgement the English department sent an email saying they were rejecting me, alongside the UCAS update email. So watch out for those emails! :tongue:

Jesus, that's brutal.
Original post by no chance
Jesus, that's brutal.

Ahh I know :frown: Luckily I was expecting a rejection, but very out of the blue!
Reply 77
Has anyone applied for LLB Law at Leeds, and been accepted yet?
Sociology L300 :biggrin:
haven't heard from them at all yet!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 79
Sent my application on the 7/10 for Politics and Economics,

Got an offer on the 22nd, AAB :smile:

Latest