The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wizardtop
have some faith jeffercake i am sure you will hear something soon.from what i can remember when i applied years ago it was about 4-6 weeks before i receive any kind of acknowledgement:biggrin:

Thanks! I do know this, but it's just with everyone on here getting acknowledgements and offers and suchlike, it's stressing me out tbh!

:biggrin:
Man, what a day
Acknowledgment from my Oxford College, and now, acknowledgement from KCL :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's all 5 acknowledged!!! :woo:
Reply 462
Original post by Irishmonkey1992
Woa, just had a glance at your academic achievement. You look like genius! lol Is there a secret to how you do so well? If so, please do share :colondollar: lol

Oh... By the way! I got an acknowledgement from Queen's there a few days ago :biggrin:

haha trust me im defo not a genius :biggrin: just lots and lots of essay plans! Yay me too :smile: where abouts in NI do you live? (not that im a stalker or anything) :biggrin:
Ah! 4 out of 5 acknowledgements! But seriously, hurry up Birmingham! :wink:
I so sooo want an offer! So far only Bath have suggested they are considering offering me a place. :frown:
And to make things worse, some of my friends got offers from Nottingham the other day, even someone who applied for the same course as me, and I got nothing! The wait is killing me! :grin:
I'd like to think it's because I added a disability to my application though! lmao.
Reply 464
I don't think I'll hear anything for a while now.
I have offers for 2/5 but 2 of the remaining ones require interviews and I've heard Durham take ages. :/

Next bit of news will be that I've been invited for interview at Cambridge hopefully :P
My acknowledgment from KCL has arrived. I have now recieved all 5! >: )
Day 2 of this week begins. *anxious*
Reply 467
Oxford Human Sciences AHHH!!
Reply 468
Especially those for Politics and IR?
Reply 469
Original post by brendan.
Ah! 4 out of 5 acknowledgements! But seriously, hurry up Birmingham! :wink:
I so sooo want an offer! So far only Bath have suggested they are considering offering me a place. :frown:
And to make things worse, some of my friends got offers from Nottingham the other day, even someone who applied for the same course as me, and I got nothing! The wait is killing me! :grin:
I'd like to think it's because I added a disability to my application though! lmao.

What disability do you have? I have put one down too, thought I would be the only one of TSR who's applying for 2011 who had done! lol :colondollar:
Reply 470
Original post by Ivanka
I have checked AES (Durham's applications system) and it says that my app has been passed on to a college! So that unofficially means I have an offer :smile:

What worries me, though, is that I have come across a fairly numerous group of people who've received offers from York - I ain't heard anything. I'm afraid it's due to my PS, I applied there for Spanish and Linguistics, but my PS comprises Spanish, Linguistics and Arabic/ME/Islam. Does anyone know how much lenient York is towards multiple-subjects applicants? It's freaking me out, damn :s-smilie:

What does your AES actually say?

Thanks.
Original post by viksta1000
Man, what a day
Acknowledgment from my Oxford College, and now, acknowledgement from KCL :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's all 5 acknowledged!!! :woo:

Yaayyy :biggrin:

I still haven't aaand it seems like more people are getting the acknowledgements in. They've probably rejected me already :eek:!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ollie901
I don't think I'll hear anything for a while now.
I have offers for 2/5 but 2 of the remaining ones require interviews and I've heard Durham take ages. :/

Next bit of news will be that I've been invited for interview at Cambridge hopefully :P

When did you send off your UCAS? :s-smilie:

We've applied at 3 of the same unis, btw. :biggrin: Same course, too. Application buddy?
Original post by TokenWeirdo
Thanks :smile: I just got my Welcome Guide today but still no official word from any of the universities, and I've been checking my e-mails every hour! It's a sickness :eek: Being on half term does not help; at least at school I'm slightly distracted - Thank God for going out tonight :biggrin:

Me too. I'll probably be checking my emails or track every few minutes whilst I'm at the computer. :wink: I heard that UCAS only send emails twice a day anyway.
The only offer I already have is from Leeds and that was the only university for which I didn't receive any confirmation. :/ I found that a bit odd.
i've got a confirmation email. and my track isnt working. great.
Argh, I had a UCAS dream! This is getting ridiculous. I have an offer already, and acknowledgements from all my other unis apart from Warwick which is the one I really really really want to go to more than anything else! I love you Warwick please notice me
Original post by LettersFromTheSky
Yaayyy :biggrin:

I still haven't aaand it seems like more people are getting the acknowledgements in. They've probably rejected me already :eek:!

NO WAY :angry:

I have faith you'll get the acknowledgement soon

im off down to London on Friday, so if you haven't heard by then, i'll pop into KCL and go "wassup with the wait, you've got an applicant from the TSR user LettersFromTheSky, acknowledge it now...I SAID NOW HOMMIE"

that way either you too will get acknowledged, or I'll be banned from KCL, but I think its worth the risk, don't you? :cool:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 478
Original post by jimbles
What disability do you have? I have put one down too, thought I would be the only one of TSR who's applying for 2011 who had done! lol :colondollar:

I ticked the box too - I'm type 1 diabetic. :smile: Bristol sent me a form to fill in for it.
Reply 479
Original post by Muffinz
I ticked the box too - I'm type 1 diabetic. :smile: Bristol sent me a form to fill in for it.

Ahh cool... I have severe hearing loss, which is really actually making me worry about lectures so much :frown:

Ohh cool, I think UWE might call me about it as they did last year....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending