The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by LazyCookie
Oh my gosh, I know! I literally rewrote my conclusion in 2 mins, my other one was awkward and didn't work. Not a good sign though :/ and lucky! I need it for my two faves, Oxford and Bristol, hence I'm having nightmares of being rejected from both! D:

I ended up rewriting my introduction in the last 2 minutes! never typed so fast in my life :O
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by rob1992
I ended up rewriting my introduction in the last 2 minutes! never typed so fast in my life :O

Glad it's not just me! Hope you get an offer though! I just know bristol score the whole lnat out of 50 so it makes up a quarter of our applictions (since they do it out of 200). Eep.
Applying for Bristol again after missing my offer last year. Different subject and have been told by head of Geoscience I would "probably get a place this year" and would have done last year.

Hopeful.
Reply 103
Applying for Classical Studies. The talk on the open day opened my eyes a bit to how ridiculously competitive it is, but I'm hopeful, it's such a nice university & department! And I'm a bit of a sucker for Banksy, haha.
Reply 104
Original post by Miahrose
Applying for Classical Studies. The talk on the open day opened my eyes a bit to how ridiculously competitive it is, but I'm hopeful, it's such a nice university & department! And I'm a bit of a sucker for Banksy, haha.

Yeah Bristol is pretty damn competitive. Nearly 10 applicants to each place for your subject, 17 applicants per place for mathematics. :eek:
Applying for Law. I've lived near Bristol all my life but I love the city so much I'd happily spend at least another three years here :biggrin:
Reply 106
Original post by Noble.
Yeah Bristol is pretty damn competitive. Nearly 10 applicants to each place for your subject, 17 applicants per place for mathematics. :eek:

The figures really aren't reassuring, are they? Haha. Especially with how competitive it's going to be this year in particular! Good luck though! :smile:

I take a bit of comfort in the lady there telling us about how there is always a handful of people who apply thinking 'Classical' refers to Charles Dickens & Jane Austen rather than text from ancient Greece & Rome.
A bit of competition wiped out just there then. :awesome:
Reply 107
Social Policy :smile:
Reply 108
Original post by lattywatty
Applying for Law. I've lived near Bristol all my life but I love the city so much I'd happily spend at least another three years here :biggrin:

Law is awesome so far
Medicine...got my acknowledgement about 2 weeks ago and then one from the medicine admissions dept. about a week ago with interview dates...one of which is my birthday :/
Applying for veterinary medicine.

Got an acknowledgement 3 days ago.
Original post by Noble.
17 applicants per place for mathematics. :eek:

Why did no-one tell me this :zomg: It was meant to be my insurance lol..
Reply 112
Original post by Jeppasloth
Why did no-one tell me this :zomg: It was meant to be my insurance lol..

Hahaha. I know, crazy.
17 applicants per place for psychology. Chances of getting in arent looking good :frown:
Original post by Pheebs1201
17 applicants per place for psychology. Chances of getting in arent looking good :frown:

My (hopeful) guess is that a lot don't meet the requirements / are not of serious competition. It's different for oxbridge where it's 6 apps per place for psychology, however of those 6 almost all will be of a serious high level, and it's easy to assume it's the same for every other uni we're applying to, however, I doubt and hope that it's not.
Reply 115

It's like 25:1 for English. Guess who's expecting a rejection :biggrin:
Reply 116
Applying for English, acknowledged but no offer or rejection yet. Hoping for the best :/
Original post by Noodlzzz
My (hopeful) guess is that a lot don't meet the requirements / are not of serious competition. It's different for oxbridge where it's 6 apps per place for psychology, however of those 6 almost all will be of a serious high level, and it's easy to assume it's the same for every other uni we're applying to, however, I doubt and hope that it's not.

Thats some consolation- although Im feeling like im one of the "not of serious competition"-ers lol!

Where else are you applying? :smile:
Original post by Muffinz
It's like 25:1 for English. Guess who's expecting a rejection :biggrin:

Ahh well good luck- I'm sure you'll be one of the ones that does get an offer if youre passionate enough :smile:
Thats some consolation- although Im feeling like im one of the "not of serious competition"-ers lol!

Where else are you applying? :smile:

I'm sure your not :smile:

Oxford, UCL, Durham and RHUL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending