The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Pheebs1201
Ahh well good luck- I'm sure you'll be one of the ones that does get an offer if youre passionate enough :smile:

Lol, I name dropped a Literary Criticism textbook by one of the professors at Bristol in my PS, so I'm vaguely hoping that might do something for me.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Noodlzzz
I'm sure your not :smile:

Oxford, UCL, Durham and RHUL

Ahh nowhere else the same then! Well good luck with all of your choices :P

Maybe see ya at Brizzle next year!
Original post by Muffinz
Lol, I name dropped a Literary Criticism textbook by one of the professors at Bristol in my PS, so I'm vaguely hoping that might do something for me.

Haha I bet it will, flattery and all that works magic! I should have tried something along those lines in mine :tongue:

Where else are you applying?
Reply 123
Haha I bet it will, flattery and all that works magic! I should have tried something along those lines in mine :tongue:

Where else are you applying?

York, Durham, Leeds and Liverpool. Already got an unconditional from Liverpool, so I don't care if I get four rejections now lol
Original post by Muffinz
York, Durham, Leeds and Liverpool. Already got an unconditional from Liverpool, so I don't care if I get four rejections now lol

Unconditional offer :eek:

Jealous much?! Do you already have your grades or are you just amazing haha?!
Reply 125
25:1 for English is INSANELY competitive haha, so I'm not having my hopes too high. I know 5/6 people that got rejected by Bristol but got into Oxbridge. Tbh I'm expecting rejections from both :/
Reply 126
Unconditional offer :eek:

Jealous much?! Do you already have your grades or are you just amazing haha?!

Yeah, I have my grades: A* in English Lit, A in Politics, B in Maths. :smile:
Reply 127
Original post by daisyfaye
25:1 for English is INSANELY competitive haha, so I'm not having my hopes too high. I know 5/6 people that got rejected by Bristol but got into Oxbridge. Tbh I'm expecting rejections from both :/

Wow those are some crazy choices - I had a friend last year who ended up getting 43 on the IB. He applied for English at UCL, Oxford, Bristol, Southampton and QMUL, and only got offers from the latter two. Scary.
Reply 128
Original post by Muffinz
Wow those are some crazy choices - I had a friend last year who ended up getting 43 on the IB. He applied for English at UCL, Oxford, Bristol, Southampton and QMUL, and only got offers from the latter two. Scary.

How did you know I was doing the IB haha?!
Yeah it's tough. And jesus, 43! congrats to him. I'm predicted 42 but not sure if I will get it. Thankfully the IB gets more and more recognition every year, and I'm just so happy I already have my offer from York so I'm not in similar situation :s-smilie: And Exeter really likes the IB, their standard offer is 34 thank GOD but AAA for A Levels.

Fingers crossed anyway :/
Reply 129
How did you know I was doing the IB haha?!
Yeah it's tough. And jesus, 43! congrats to him. I'm predicted 42 but not sure if I will get it. Thankfully the IB gets more and more recognition every year, and I'm just so happy I already have my offer from York so I'm not in similar situation :s-smilie: And Exeter really likes the IB, their standard offer is 34 thank GOD but AAA for A Levels.

Fingers crossed anyway :/

Because of the offer in your sig. Can't really get 666 on anything else lol. I had an offer from Exeter last year, missed it hence why I'm here again. :P I'm not applying there again after they were so incredibly negative about everything. Didn't find the campus that impressive anyway.
Reply 130
Original post by Muffinz
Because of the offer in your sig. Can't really get 666 on anything else lol. I had an offer from Exeter last year, missed it hence why I'm here again. :P I'm not applying there again after they were so incredibly negative about everything. Didn't find the campus that impressive anyway.

Oh right of couuuuurse haha, forgot I put the actual offer there.
Yes Exeter is undeniably my back up, both because of the lower standard offer and the fact that I just like the course least.
I haven't ranked any of my others yet. Figured I'd find out who wants me before making a choice haha.
Reply 131
Oh right of couuuuurse haha, forgot I put the actual offer there.
Yes Exeter is undeniably my back up, both because of the lower standard offer and the fact that I just like the course least.
I haven't ranked any of my others yet. Figured I'd find out who wants me before making a choice haha.

I'd be really happy with Bristol - lovely city, amazing course, and I already have a few friends there :biggrin: I'm prefectly fine just going to Liverpool though, if worst comes to worst.

I think I'm ranking mine atm as:

Bristol/Liverpool
Durham/York
Leeds.

:P
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm guessing one of the reasons behind the scary applicants : places ratios is that loads of top applicants have Bristol as their 2nd or 3rd option, so lots of the offers they give end up not being accepted in favour of Oxbridge etc

That's not to say Bristol isn't competitive, it is, but I'm sure that applicants per offer would be far less scary
(edited 13 years ago)
Applyting for History :smile:
Applied on the 14th Oct for English Literature and Philosophy! Received an acknowledgment on 23rd Oct but didn't see it until today as it was in my junk mail folder so look in there! Arghhhh I want to go so badly!
Waiting on an offer from Philosophy and economics and realised there is only 7 places :s
There's only ten for mine ... they have to give those places to someone! (eternal optimist here) :smile:
Original post by elkestocks
Applied on the 14th Oct for English Literature and Philosophy! Received an acknowledgment on 23rd Oct but didn't see it until today as it was in my junk mail folder so look in there! Arghhhh I want to go so badly!

I had that problem! My follow-up e-mail from Bristol went in my junk box, as did my Warwick acknowledgement and an Exeter follow-up e-mail. Darn junk filter... But same, I'm completely in love with this uni.
Applying for joint Psychology and Zoology (CC83) .... even if i get an offer (which i'm really doubting!), it's my last choice atm.
Reply 139
Saw an email today from Bristol and I was like...but I've already got an acknowledgement. Turned out it was an email just to let me know I'd be waiting till January-March to hear back for Law. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending