The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
I got an offer! from Nottingham for Maths :biggrin: so happy! But now really wanna know about all my other unis!
Reply 501
nothing today again! I'm actually going mad!!!!

Original post by brendan.
Well, its not actually a disability, but I was advised by all the departments i visited to include it on my UCAS form, but I'm just plain old colourblind.
I'm sure you have a more viable disability! :colondollar:

ahh I see :smile: It's still something that could affect your learning though, so it will count :smile: I keep having these horrible thoughts of what if they say something really important in lectures or something and I don't hear :frown: :colondollar:
Original post by Ollie901
I sent it on the 27th Sept but it got sent back to me twice. I don't really know when my UCAS referee finally submitted it. 29th maybe?

haha yeah sure, what college did you pick for Durham & Cambridge? Where else have you applied? :smile:

Downing - next door to Pembroke :rolleyes:

Hatfield at Durham, but I'm not too sure. I almost want to change to Collingwood, that was my second choice. Sharing might turn out badly.

I've also applied at Nottingham, and my other two choices were Bath and UCL. :tongue:

Have you visited Nottingham? I didn't get the chance.
Original post by blahblah16
I got a conditional offer from Nottingham on my UCAS track - how long is it before I know the conditions? Thanks

Go on Track and click on your course code for the Nottingham one and it'll show your conditions :smile:
Reply 504
I was just about to post moaning about how I have had no offers yet, but I have just got one from Sheffield for psychology :biggrin: I am soo happy :smile:
Reply 505
Original post by Jade2009
I was just about to post moaning about how I have had no offers yet, but I have just got one from Sheffield for psychology :biggrin: I am soo happy :smile:

Lol! Congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by LettersFromTheSky
How do you mean not working? If it hasnt updated that does take a while, I got an email offering me a place but track didnt change till a while after

it says "invalid login details"
i think i'm one of them people who's ID changes after the application is sent :/
Today has been a bit of a whirlwind. Started today with the usual check of Track in the morning and at around half 12 today, Hull sent me a letter saying that had received my application and were going through it. Excellent news!

Then, about an hour ago, Nottingham Trent got back to me, offering me a conditional place. Couldn't actually believe it. But the wait continues for my other 4 choices. Desperately want that reply from Sheffield.
Original post by inspirational912
it says "invalid login details"
i think i'm one of them people who's ID changes after the application is sent :/

Try to have them send you an email with your login details (pretending you've lost your pass etc.) I think they old change your ID if you've applied in the previous year in which case they will make it your old one (or something like that? am not entirely clear on this)
Original post by Jade2009

I have also just got an offer from Sheffield to do Psychology!!!!:biggrin:
So far i only have one offer, which is from Sheffield to do Psychology:smile:
Im still waiting for my other 4..............
Im so impatient :biggrin:
Reply 511
Original post by clairelou92
I have also just got an offer from Sheffield to do Psychology!!!!:biggrin:

Yay well done :biggrin: I'm really happy because I want it to be my firm choice! So that's a relief :tongue:
I got a conditional offer from Manchester and Nottingham..
Just waiting to get accepted/rejected by the other three choices. So I can decide where I actually want to go.
Reply 513
Original post by jimbles
nothing today again! I'm actually going mad!!!!

ahh I see :smile: It's still something that could affect your learning though, so it will count :smile: I keep having these horrible thoughts of what if they say something really important in lectures or something and I don't hear :frown: :colondollar:

Maybe you could get permission to record the lectures and listen to them again later or something? Don't worry about it! :smile:
Original post by a daedalus
Try to have them send you an email with your login details (pretending you've lost your pass etc.) I think they old change your ID if you've applied in the previous year in which case they will make it your old one (or something like that? am not entirely clear on this)

thanks you, that worked. it was my last years one by the way:smile:
Reply 515
Original post by Tanya---
I got a conditional offer from Manchester and Nottingham..
Just waiting to get accepted/rejected by the other three choices. So I can decide where I actually want to go.

good luck! What's currently your top choice? :smile:
Reply 516
Original post by niddlez
Maybe you could get permission to record the lectures and listen to them again later or something? Don't worry about it! :smile:

Erm most of my hearing is actually done by lip reading haha! So unless they have the clearest voice I still will be buggered :frown:
Reply 517
Original post by Ollie901
What does your AES actually say?

Thanks.

•Your application has been received by the Department
•Your application has not yet been received by a College
Reply 518
Original post by jimbles
Erm most of my hearing is actually done by lip reading haha! So unless they have the clearest voice I still will be buggered :frown:

Dude that's so cool you can lip-read :eek:

Well there's a solution for every problem :tongue:
Original post by jimbles
good luck! What's currently your top choice? :smile:

Thanks. To be honest, I don't have a top choice, I applied to Nottingham, Manchester, UCL, Leeds and Leicester.
I'm just waiting to see where else I get accepted, and then I'll decide, I liked Nottingham and Leeds a lot. :smile:
What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending