The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Melanie-v
Downing - next door to Pembroke :rolleyes:

Hatfield at Durham, but I'm not too sure. I almost want to change to Collingwood, that was my second choice. Sharing might turn out badly.

I've also applied at Nottingham, and my other two choices were Bath and UCL. :tongue:

Have you visited Nottingham? I didn't get the chance.

If I'm honest, my college choices were quite random. I used the prospectus mainly as well as the articles on here. I went on a Durham open day but didn’t really spend time looking at colleges and I wish I did tbh. I've not been to Cambridge though :/

Nottingham is fantastic. I loved it and the course sounds really good as well. I was a bit unsure before I went but its probably my favourite of all the ones I've visited.

I applied to UCL initially :tongue: changed it last minute because I didn't like the thought of 5 AAA+ offers and I hadn't been on an open day. Decided to play it safe and go for a 'back up' choice at Nottingham instead :smile:

Have you got any offers/interviews in yet?
Reply 521
Original post by Ivanka
•Your application has been received by the Department
•Your application has not yet been received by a College

Oh good. Mine says the same :tongue:
Original post by jimbles
What disability do you have? I have put one down too, thought I would be the only one of TSR who's applying for 2011 who had done! lol :colondollar:

Haha, I'm a bit worried the reason I don't have any offers is because I checked the 'multiple' option :tongue:
Reply 523
Original post by niddlez
Dude that's so cool you can lip-read :eek:

Well there's a solution for every problem :tongue:

haha yeah! When we watch football or something on TV, I'm always asked what the managers and players are saying haha! :smile: So some things it is cool for, and I can also watch private chats if I can see there lips lol.
Reply 524
Original post by *snowflake*
Haha, I'm a bit worried the reason I don't have any offers is because I checked the 'multiple' option :tongue:

Aww don't be silly! It's all fine really :smile:
Reply 525
Original post by Tanya---
Thanks. To be honest, I don't have a top choice, I applied to Nottingham, Manchester, UCL, Leeds and Leicester.
I'm just waiting to see where else I get accepted, and then I'll decide, I liked Nottingham and Leeds a lot. :smile:
What about you?

UWE!!!!!! But also have chosen Hertfordshire, Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent :smile: Got an offer already from Coventry :smile:
Reply 526
There's a new, fabolous app on my iPhone and it's called UCAS TRACK! I'm definetely addicted and I hate SHEFFIELD. Why are they SO slow?!
:biggrin:
Original post by Ollie901
If I'm honest, my college choices were quite random. I used the prospectus mainly as well as the articles on here. I went on a Durham open day but didn’t really spend time looking at colleges and I wish I did tbh. I've not been to Cambridge though :/

Nottingham is fantastic. I loved it and the course sounds really good as well. I was a bit unsure before I went but its probably my favourite of all the ones I've visited.

I applied to UCL initially :tongue: changed it last minute because I didn't like the thought of 5 AAA+ offers and I hadn't been on an open day. Decided to play it safe and go for a 'back up' choice at Nottingham instead :smile:

Have you got any offers/interviews in yet?

Nope. Hence the reason I'm hanging about on this thread. I sent my UCAS off on the 14th, it got received by universities etc. on the 18th.
I haven't seen an ugly Cambridge college yet, though Downing is beautiful. :love:
Nottingham was my safe too, I didn't realise how high the offer they gave out were - I thought there'd be a few AABs. :s-smilie:

Why Maths and Physics, and not more NatSci?
Reply 528
Maintenance message - Saturday 30 October

Scheduled maintenance is taking place on Saturday 30 October. Track will be unavailable while this work takes place. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Somehow I feel that I will be struggling on that day XD a whole day without logging onto track? pfft
Original post by jimbles
UWE!!!!!! But also have chosen Hertfordshire, Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent :smile: Got an offer already from Coventry :smile:

Oh cool,:smile: What course are you applying for? Good luck with the rest of your choices!
Reply 530
Original post by jimbles
haha yeah! When we watch football or something on TV, I'm always asked what the managers and players are saying haha! :smile: So some things it is cool for, and I can also watch private chats if I can see there lips lol.

Haha apparently some sport channels employ lip-readers for this.

Too bad Mourinho always covers his mouth when he talks on the sideline. He always says the funniest **** lol
Reply 531
Original post by atofu
Somehow I feel that I will be struggling on that day XD a whole day without logging onto track? pfft

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What will become of us?
Reply 532
Oh cool,:smile: What course are you applying for? Good luck with the rest of your choices!

Sports Science at UWE,
Sports and exercise science at Hertfordshire, Coventry and Nottingham
Sport technology at Sheffield hallam :smile:

you?
Reply 533
Original post by niddlez
Haha apparently some sport channels employ lip-readers for this.

Too bad Mourinho always covers his mouth when he talks on the sideline. He always says the funniest **** lol

really? Reckon they'll take me? I mean I can lip read Rooney who's a monkey so surely I stand a chance? haha :p:

I know, I love what I see Mourinho say sometimes, but covering his mouth is annoying lol.
Original post by inspirational912
it says "invalid login details"
i think i'm one of them people who's ID changes after the application is sent :/

Oh yeah that must be it :frown:. Awwh poor you, ah at least you wont be dying repeatedly logging in?
Original post by jimbles
Sports Science at UWE,
Sports and exercise science at Hertfordshire, Coventry and Nottingham
Sport technology at Sheffield hallam :smile:

you?

Interesting. I'm going to study Law :smile:
Reply 536
Interesting. I'm going to study Law :smile:

ohh good luck :smile: Really interesting? I know people who think my courses are crap lol!
Reply 537
Original post by jimbles
really? Reckon they'll take me? I mean I can lip read Rooney who's a monkey so surely I stand a chance? haha :p:

I know, I love what I see Mourinho say sometimes, but covering his mouth is annoying lol.

Ugh @ Rooney! :mad:

Mou is srsly the funniest guy ever! I wish I was his friend so we could share the lols

(Watching Carling Cup rn btw)

SORRY for hijacking the thread! I just go nuts when football is mentioned :colondollar:
Original post by jimbles
ohh good luck :smile: Really interesting? I know people who think my courses are crap lol!

Well don't listen to them. They're idiots. If that's what you enjoy doing it - do it. People just don't appreciate it. like people are always like (to me) 'WHAT YOU STUDY LANGUAGES? ROFL?' and it's like 'oh I'm sorry - how many languages do you speak?' haha.

It's the same with you. they're good courses - just not generic.
Original post by jimbles

Aww, It's not crap. Plus it's up to you what you want to study, and clearly your interested in sport, so why not? Ignore them. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending