The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Just received an acknowledgement, sent my application two weeks ago.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Just come through :tongue: hooray!
Original post by broadwayrachael
Just come through :tongue: hooray!

Only got an acknowledgment now?

Warwick's admissions process seems to be shoddy across the board. I thought that it was just for certain subjects.
Reply 403
Hmmm i just recieved an acknowledgement from the uni but i got an email from the maths department a week ago. Strange.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Only got an acknowledgment now?

Warwick's admissions process seems to be shoddy across the board. I thought that it was just for certain subjects.

Yeah - i'm just glad i've got something really! It's strange really, but they get a million applicants and it's highly competitive, so I guess I understand :tongue:
Reply 405
Applied to Philosophy and Literature, looks like a really great course, doubt I will get an offer though :smile:
Anyone else applying to Philosophy and Lit?
Original post by amoled
Hmmm i just recieved an acknowledgement from the uni but i got an email from the maths department a week ago. Strange.

I just got the exact same thing, and I'm applying for maths as well. Not sure what to think of it.
Yeah - i'm just glad i've got something really! It's strange really, but they get a million applicants and it's highly competitive, so I guess I understand :tongue:

But you only got an acknowledgment around 3 weeks after sending your app in, whereas I got one a week after. :s-smilie:

And people already have offers for other highly competitive subjects!
But you only got an acknowledgment around 3 weeks after sending your app in, whereas I got one a week after. :s-smilie:

And people already have offers for other highly competitive subjects!

True.. I'm not worrying much though to be honest - i'm sure it was just an error in the system somewhere :tongue: at least I know they've got it now!
True.. I'm not worrying much though to be honest - i'm sure it was just an error in the system somewhere :tongue: at least I know they've got it now!

I'm worrying!!!!! All I want to know is whether or not I've been accepted or rejected! It's driving me crazy!
I'm worrying!!!!! All I want to know is whether or not I've been accepted or rejected! It's driving me crazy!

I know the feeling!! :frown: I get acknowledgments and they tend to quell the crazy for a few hours, but then i'm back to Psycho Rachael terrorising my family by checking track every hour like a lunatic! :biggrin: I just want an offer from Warwick soooo badly! I really loved it there!
I've applied for PPE and I agree with you guys - the waiting is so painful :frown: I just want AN offer this year :frown:
I know the feeling!! :frown: I get acknowledgments and they tend to quell the crazy for a few hours, but then i'm back to Psycho Rachael terrorising my family by checking track every hour like a lunatic! :biggrin: I just want an offer from Warwick soooo badly! I really loved it there!

Haha, I've been resisting the urge to check Track since I know that nothing is gonna be there. :frown:

I'm trying to keep myself from checking it until mid-November.
Reply 413
I applied to Warwick Law School on the 15th. No idea if I'll get an offer or anything. In their confirmation of receipt they reiterate the competitive nature of the application procedure. Pretty much expecting to get rejected tbh.
Oh Warwick :love:

How we love you, but how you keep us waiting!
Original post by Pheebs1201
Oh Warwick :love:

How we love you, but how you keep us waiting!

You said it :frown: *sigh* :redface:

Doughnuts!!
Haha, I've been resisting the urge to check Track since I know that nothing is gonna be there. :frown:

:eek: Seriously?! Wow, that's discipline.. Well you never know :tongue: I wasn't expecting my Nottingham offer since they hadn't even acknowledged and suddenly I get the cryptic, 'we're not saying anything', email from Track saying to check it :biggrin: Hopefully it'll go fast!!
I just got an offer today, ABB...it's my first one so far! I'm really happy :biggrin:
Reply 417
Original post by BlueSheep32
I just got an offer today, ABB...it's my first one so far! I'm really happy :biggrin:

oooooo
what course?
im excited now
just got my acknowledgement
really really want an offer
haha
=D
Reply 418

oh my god you are disciplined! haha :wink: even though I know they will send me an e-mail if my Track status changes, I still check Track twice a day or more 'just in case their e-mails are down' ahah :/
Original post by daisyfaye
oh my god you are disciplined! haha :wink: even though I know they will send me an e-mail if my Track status changes, I still check Track twice a day or more 'just in case their e-mails are down' ahah :/

Me too! But with Leeds my friend was like 'omg I have an offer!' so I instantly looked at my email (which hadn't automatically updated and I didn't refresh (It was 6pm)) and then checked my track and I had an offer too. Then I realised I actually got an email 2 hours ago. oops!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending