Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I've applied to do Law and got an acknowledgment :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by yahyahyahs
SO JEALOUS. Reject it so I can have your place? :P Well done! Where else have you applied?

Haha :P I've also applied to Warwick, York and LSE

Warwick is my first choice but it's good to know I'll definitely be going to uni next year. I'm deciding between Nottingham and York for back ups
Reply 182
I'm hopeful that considering Nottingham has started giving out more and more offers that I'll have one soon. However I'm still anticipating Law to be the course that is waited on the most.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 183
LLB Law.

Nottingham is my top, expecting to be rejected though :frown:
English & Hispanic Studies :redface:
Hey :smile:

Medicine for me!
Reply 186
Original post by Kinesthetic
English & Hispanic Studies :redface:

Omg, another person! Yaaaay! Where else are you applying?
4 year Physics (MSci) :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by Howellsy
I'm hopeful that considering Nottingham has started giving out more and more offers that I'll have one soon. However I'm still anticipating Law to be the course that is waited on the most.

Is it me, or did the acknowledgement email basically say we'd have to wait ages? :frown: mine said that they had to give all applications equal consideration, so they operated a gathered field and they'd let us know by the end of February :frown: If I have to wait 4 months to hear I might cry!aha :rolleyes:
Reply 189
Original post by Becca :)
Is it me, or did the acknowledgement email basically say we'd have to wait ages? :frown: mine said that they had to give all applications equal consideration, so they operated a gathered field and they'd let us know by the end of February :frown: If I have to wait 4 months to hear I might cry!aha :rolleyes:

I've not even had an acknowledgement email/UCAS response so you're a step ahead of me... :frown:

English and Creative Writing btw.
Reply 190
Original post by ben4bcfc
I've not even had an acknowledgement email/UCAS response so you're a step ahead of me... :frown:

English and Creative Writing btw.

I wouldn't worry, Nottingham took ages to get back to me! I sent my UCAS on 30th September and only got acknowledged on 21st October (which was after I received an offer from Exeter lol)

oh that's cool :smile: sounds a bit more exciting than law :P Best of luck!!
Reply 191
I wouldn't worry, Nottingham took ages to get back to me! I sent my UCAS on 30th September and only got acknowledged on 21st October (which was after I received an offer from Exeter lol)

oh that's cool :smile: sounds a bit more exciting than law :P Best of luck!!

Ah okay. Well a thought was niggling at the back of my mind that maybe I had been acknowledged and after checking my emails, I have discovered one saying that I have. So mini-panic over. :smile:

And yeah, I hope it's interesting as I've done an extra college year to accommodate for it. :| Best of luck to you too! I've always found Law an interesting concept eventhough I didn't take it as an A Level :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 192
Ah okay. Well a thought was niggling at the back of my mind that maybe I had been acknowledged and after checking my emails, I have discovered one saying that I have. So mini-panic over. :smile:

And yeah, I hope it's interesting as I've done an extra college year to accommodate for it. :| Best of luck to you too! I've always found Law an interesting concept eventhough I didn't take it as an A Level :smile:

Aha, okies :smile: I always 'mislay' emails, or hotmail (helpfully) puts them in junk folder :frown:

Oh wow, you must be pretty dedicated then! Had you not picked the right Alevels for your course then? Thank you :smile: I haven't actually taken it at Alevel either (my sixth form doesn't offer it) but Law's one of the few subjects where you don't need any prior knowledge to do the degree :biggrin:
Reply 193
Aha, okies :smile: I always 'mislay' emails, or hotmail (helpfully) puts them in junk folder :frown:

Oh wow, you must be pretty dedicated then! Had you not picked the right Alevels for your course then? Thank you :smile: I haven't actually taken it at Alevel either (my sixth form doesn't offer it) but Law's one of the few subjects where you don't need any prior knowledge to do the degree :biggrin:

Yeah, most of my UCAS/Uni emails end up in my junk, surely hotmail has some technological brain telling it that University Applications aren't spam?! Clearly not.

Erm no I didn't take the right subjects :/ at first I only took English Language and all the Unis and courses I really wanted to push myself for wanted English Lit, which was okay cause I despised two of my subjects I took at AS anyway, so it gave me a chance to drop those and pick up two I really wanted to do as well.

Ah, that's cool. :smile: Well good luck in your application!! :smile:
Reply 194
Yeah, most of my UCAS/Uni emails end up in my junk, surely hotmail has some technological brain telling it that University Applications aren't spam?! Clearly not.

Erm no I didn't take the right subjects :/ at first I only took English Language and all the Unis and courses I really wanted to push myself for wanted English Lit, which was okay cause I despised two of my subjects I took at AS anyway, so it gave me a chance to drop those and pick up two I really wanted to do as well.

Ah, that's cool. :smile: Well good luck in your application!! :smile:

haha, yeah, I'd much rather get my Uni emails than all the facebook ones hotmail actually manages to put in my inbox!

Ohhh ok :smile: I hated the quote learning in AS Lit!haha

:smile: where else have you applied?
Reply 195
haha, yeah, I'd much rather get my Uni emails than all the facebook ones hotmail actually manages to put in my inbox!

Ohhh ok :smile: I hated the quote learning in AS Lit!haha

:smile: where else have you applied?

LOL, I know the feeling. Yeah, quotes are a complete drag, but it's bearable: which is one of the reasons I couldn't handle a straight English degree, that and the fact that I love writing.

Erm, Warwick, East Anglia, Surrey and Lancaster. You?
Reply 196
LOL, I know the feeling. Yeah, quotes are a complete drag, but it's bearable: which is one of the reasons I couldn't handle a straight English degree, that and the fact that I love writing.

Erm, Warwick, East Anglia, Surrey and Lancaster. You?

Yeah, I'm always like, i don't care if someone wants me to join a group or like a page or w/e! haha, tis the reason I dropped it! Learning quotes for 3 texts for 1 exam = no thank you! This might sound stupid, but do you not do writing in a straight English degree then?

That's cool :smile: Cambridge, Durham, Warwick and Exeter
Reply 197
Yeah, I'm always like, i don't care if someone wants me to join a group or like a page or w/e! haha, tis the reason I dropped it! Learning quotes for 3 texts for 1 exam = no thank you! This might sound stupid, but do you not do writing in a straight English degree then?

That's cool :smile: Cambridge, Durham, Warwick and Exeter

It doesn't sound stupid... In fact me saying "I don't want to do a straight English degree because I like writing" sounds stupid. Basically, they concentrate almost completely on novels/poetry etc and analysing them, whereas I enjoy the more creative side and actually writing poetry/novels/short stories etc. myself, which you very rarely get a chance to do in straight English degrees.

Oooh, Cambridge, eh? What do you need for there?
Reply 198
It doesn't sound stupid... In fact me saying "I don't want to do a straight English degree because I like writing" sounds stupid. Basically, they concentrate almost completely on novels/poetry etc and analysing them, whereas I enjoy the more creative side and actually writing poetry/novels/short stories etc. myself, which you very rarely get a chance to do in straight English degrees.

Oooh, Cambridge, eh? What do you need for there?

Haha, it doesn't sound stupid...it just didn't seem to make sense! tbh, just focussing on what other people have written doesn't sound that great. Ohhh, well I'll have to watch out for when you become a big selling author then :wink:

Yeah...chances of me getting in are pretty slim but it's worth a shot! If, I somehow get an offer then I'll have to get A*AA :s-smilie:...but I have to do an interview and another test to get an offer :frown:
French and German! Already got my unconditional confirmed :smile: if you are deffo go to Nottingham message me/talk to me etc.!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending