The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
4TSR
That's not small!

I have 2 as very close friends and about another 5 as just normal "you allright mate?" kind of friends lol

Haha, seems small when you see other groups around our school. :p:
Reply 21
DH-Biker
Haha, seems small when you see other groups around our school. :p:

Now that I think about it, I'm not too surprised. I do tend to favour the internet over going out so... my fault :yes:
True friends - 9
Friends - 20-30
The rest are just acquaintances since there is no-one that I hate.
Reply 23
4TSR
Now that I think about it, I'm not too surprised. I do tend to favour the internet over going out so... my fault :yes:

Meh, each to his or her own. :smile:
i got about 12 female friends and 2 male friends, i rather have more male friends so i can avoid being dragged to twilight
I have no idea tbh. Not more than 5 i guess. But a lot of them are far away and i just came back here in CALI and i don't have friends here. All the people i know are my coworkers and relatives. Im networking though, by making friends who are from UK, that way when i get there at least i know some people. :h:
Reply 26
Three, probably.

Including myself. :awesome:
Reply 27
I would say there are only about 14-16 people I would consider good friends. This includes people I've known since I was 3, to people I've met this year. But in terms of people I go out with/have lunch with/enjoy the company of, there are quite a bit more (I still consider these 'real' friends), I would say about 50-60 not including casual acquaintances.
Reply 28
I can count my friends on one hand
Wow, so many people with hardly any friends?
I have aleast 50 good friends. With about 20 of these being very close.
I don't have any and wouldn't class the people I play football with as mates either. How can someone have tons of mates, surely that's impossible? :confused:

Anyone who says they have loads of friends are lieing and only truly have a couple of mates, they just don't know it!
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't have a real friend, but I have people to hang out with and talk to. To all appearances I have a group of close friends. They are about 15 people, five of them girls. I'm not counting people from my old school, they've turned into aquaintances I think. I have a 'best friend', at least I'm hers, but not really. 15 isn't very much by normal standards but I'd be quite happy with none. I've always found it easy to make friends, but keeping them is a different matter...thanks AS, and also I get bored of them if they're not absolutely fascinating to me...ha
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
True friends, about 4/5. The rest are just friends.
Reply 33
Uh, about 4 really close friends, but then about 10 others who I'd still call friends :smile: and many more who would be considered "friends" but we don't exactly hang out or anything :biggrin:
Reply 34
313 :on:

Just moved to uni so I've got a few friends but nobody really close with yet obviously. Back in sixth form, maybe 3 or 4 I could talk to about anything, then about 20 or so you'd want to come to your birthday party I guess
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I am a bit insecure about the number of friends that I have. Just interested to know how many people you know that you can genuinely call your friends?

Dont feel insecure! The less friends you have the better the real ones are :smile:
I honestly have 4 real close friends and i think i will make maybe 2 more in uni :colone:
Reply 36
Original post by doubledot
I would say I've got quite a big group but that's because I went to an international school which was close knit but kept getting new and losing old people. We also had loads of international debates, sports competitions etc. That also led to meeting new people from all over and making new friends.

That being said, those don't really matter as much as the best friends. Those are a rarity.

Oh my god are you me? I couldn't agree more. I go to an international school that was once really small and everyone knew each other, and since people had to go back to their home countries we kept this net migration thing going on :sad: but it has recently expanded!

I consider many people my friends really (I can literally start talking to a person, and start thinking of them as a friend ... an acquaintance is basically someone I know by face but never bothered talking to) , but only a few I actually trust enough with anything on my mind. I don't really believe in the concept of best friends -- when I was younger I kept calling people my "best friend" and it was just a term that now makes me cringe, actually, because I was so naive back then ...
(edited 13 years ago)
just m'boyfriend
0 .
I like being alone.
Social interaction has it's time and now is not it.
My right hand is my best and only friend :ahee:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending