The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daisyfaye
oh my god you are disciplined! haha :wink: even though I know they will send me an e-mail if my Track status changes, I still check Track twice a day or more 'just in case their e-mails are down' ahah :/

Haha, I'm just trying not to build up false hope since I know that mid-November is probably the earliest that I'll hear anything. I'm also not checking my emails on the account that I used for UCAS 'cos I have a tendency to obsessively check that as well! :o:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 421
Original post by snawkie
Me too! But with Leeds my friend was like 'omg I have an offer!' so I instantly looked at my email (which hadn't automatically updated and I didn't refresh (It was 6pm)) and then checked my track and I had an offer too. Then I realised I actually got an email 2 hours ago. oops!

haha see this justifies us doing it! there is method to our madness :tongue:
haha see this justifies us doing it! there is method to our madness :tongue:

Amen!! -logs into Track-
Hey guys! I'm applying for History and Politics- anyone else?
I got an acknowledgement from Warwick yesterday! And yes I have been checking Track obsessively....
Reply 424
Finally acknowledged by Warwick.
Reply 425
Applying for maths G103

any idea when warwick start sending out offers?
Original post by no chance

When did you send yours off?
Acknowledged by Warwick :biggrin: sent mine yesterday so glad :biggrin:
Reply 428

Given the choice, Warwick or UCL?
Reply 429
Original post by Doughnuts!!
When did you send yours off?

October 15th.
Reply 430
Original post by Focus08
Given the choice, Warwick or UCL?

Warwick.
Warwick.

:eek3: Why?!?!
Reply 432

UCL, then? To be honest I go back and forth, but I'm not sure I'd like to be in London during the Olympics. Life as a student is going to be expensive enough already without having to spend £8 on a pint. But Warwick looks lovely and yeah, I think I'd much rather be there - Olympics or no. That said, I do think highly of UCL and I'm sure I'd love studying there. Warwick does get the priority.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 433

People will disagree with me on this but I hated everything about UCL both when I visited and when they came to a university fair I went to.

At the fair, the woman was a terrible representative...she was a complete bitch to everyone and turned many people I know away from UCL. They hadn't brought any prosepctuses with them (the only university at the fair to do so) and when I asked why she turned up her nose and said "universities of this calibre only have prospectuses online, if you haven't taken the initiative to look there then we probably don't want you" :angry: so I flashed the Oxford prospectus and she said "oh don't get me started on Oxford". Whereas everyone I spoke to from Oxford was absolutely lovely...she gave everyone the impression that UCL is incredibly arrogant...also, their IB standard offer for some subjects is a complete joke, higher than the Oxbridge one, it's just clear that they have no understanding of the IB at all.

When I went to UCL it wasn't an Open Day but I spoke to a student there who reads English...he was lovely and he said he liked his tutors but he thought the department itself was shocking. He also said living in London was so expensive that by his second year he couldn't afford shoes...anyway then I went to the department and it was really run down and outdated and just yeah. A real turn-off for me.

In a roundabout way I'm saying I can see why you'd choose Warwick over UCL :wink:
UCL, then? To be honest I go back and forth, but I'm not sure I'd like to be in London during the Olympics. Life as a student is going to be expensive enough already without having to spend £8 on a pint. But Warwick looks lovely and yeah, I think I'd much rather be there - Olympics or no. That said, I do think highly of UCL and I'm sure I'd love studying there. Warwick does get the priority.

I get what you mean. Warwick (and the surrounding area) is much prettier than UCL, but I would say UCL 'cos of reputation and awesome nightlife. Though the price of living in London is eye-wateringly expensive.
People will disagree with me on this but I hated everything about UCL both when I visited and when they came to a university fair I went to.

At the fair, the woman was a terrible representative...she was a complete bitch to everyone and turned many people I know away from UCL. They hadn't brought any prosepctuses with them (the only university at the fair to do so) and when I asked why she turned up her nose and said "universities of this calibre only have prospectuses online, if you haven't taken the initiative to look there then we probably don't want you" :angry: so I flashed the Oxford prospectus and she said "oh don't get me started on Oxford". Whereas everyone I spoke to from Oxford was absolutely lovely...she gave everyone the impression that UCL is incredibly arrogant...also, their IB standard offer for some subjects is a complete joke, higher than the Oxbridge one, it's just clear that they have no understanding of the IB at all.

When I went to UCL it wasn't an Open Day but I spoke to a student there who reads English...he was lovely and he said he liked his tutors but he thought the department itself was shocking. He also said living in London was so expensive that by his second year he couldn't afford shoes...anyway then I went to the department and it was really run down and outdated and just yeah. A real turn-off for me.

In a roundabout way I'm saying I can see why you'd choose Warwick over UCL :wink:

Haha, that response made me laugh! I guess that UCL (and all the other prestigious London unis, in particular LSE) really do think that they're in a league of their own. :rolleyes: Seriously, they're so ridiculously pretentious and arrogant!

Living in London as a student would kill. The price of accommodation alone is crazy. :afraid:

I went to a college fair with UCL, LSE, King's and Imperial and they were all charming and clambering to get people to apply .. standard IB offer, at least for english, is 38 which is lower than oxbridge (for cambs its 39-42) .. i can't say anything about the department but judging a university on one representative who obviously wasn't having a good day seems inane
Original post by a daedalus
I went to a college fair with UCL, LSE, King's and Imperial and they were all charming and clambering to get people to apply .. standard IB offer, at least for english, is 38 which is lower than oxbridge (for cambs its 39-42) .. i can't say anything about the department but judging a university on one representative who obviously wasn't having a good day seems inane

Tbh though, a lot of the UoL unis do seem to think that they're in a league of their own. I say this after doing a lot of stuff with pretty much all of them. :erm:
Reply 438
Any MORSE-ers heard anything?
Original post by saajan_92
Applying for maths G103

any idea when warwick start sending out offers?

My friend got an offer for maths 2/3 days ago...

Quick Reply

Latest