The Student Room Group

TSR BOOTCAMP, Numero Tres! - Let's Be Hot In 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DoktaUH
Just seen the thread so decided to join it, but doubt i'll check back regularly :rolleyes:

DoktaUH, Male, 23
Weight: 9 stone 13
Height: 5'10"
Waist: 31 inches
Reason: Get back into a proper eating pattern and bulk up a bit
Goals: Gain 29lbs long term, 2-3lbs/month short term seems reasonable

Good luck with the goals buddy, hope you do come on here more regularly! :p:

Original post by nooneyouknow
I've been following the thread for awhile and figured I should probably join in :biggrin:

Nooneyouknow, female, 18
Weight: Just over 12 stone
Height: 5'7"
Dress Size: 14 on top, 12 on bottom
Bust: 35 inches
Waist: 33 inches
Hips: 36 inches
Reason: Trying to loose weight and get fit for university next year :smile:
Goals: Get below 10 stone for the first time is awhile!
Special Remarks: None

Welcome along :smile: Good luck with trying to get below 10 stone! :biggrin:
Original post by thepinkpowerranger
I had a personal training session (just as a one off kinda thing - but will check back in every month or two I think). It was really good. He set me up with a plan for doing a triathlon but to work on my strength and flexibility first because it's a while away... Felt like my abs were been ripped apart and my body was shaking during a lot of the exercises. Good stuff! The weights were challenging as well - was squatting with 12 kg in each hand which seemed quite heavy for example. Then once I was knackered from all this stuff, he made me do intervals on the treadmill but decided I wasn't knackered at 10 kph so put it up to 12. At which point I felt like throwing up, but I didn't and I finished the intervals.

Waw that was long, but I'm excited...

Hey, i'm planning on doing a triathalon next summer. What was his plan/advice?

Atm, i'm just building up my general fitness but it would be cool to get proper advice from a personal trainer....

After my first two spinning classes i flet like throwing up so much i actually went outside thinking i was gonna be sick but i just didn't...
Reply 342
Original post by Rossshaw
Good luck with the goals buddy, hope you do come on here more regularly! :p:

Put it this way, about a year ago I posted a thread of my own about bulking up and i was 8st at the time, by end of April i was 10st :wink:
Original post by DoktaUH
Put it this way, about a year ago I posted a thread of my own about bulking up and i was 8st at the time, by end of April i was 10st :wink:

How were you so light?!
Ooh, just saw this thread start up once more so I've decided to join.

Doubledot, female, 19
Weight: 7 stone/45Kg
Height: 5'2"
Dress Size: 6 and sometimes 4 or 8, depending how fitted/loose I want the clothes.
Bust: 28 inches
Waist: 24 inches
Hips: 32 inches
Reason: Have moved into university accommodation and an entirely new location, so I hope to maintain my exercise regime.
Goals: Maintenance and improvement.
Special Remarks: Will be climbing the Cascades sometime in the middle of/late next year, so I have to train for that as well.
Reply 345
Original post by Rossshaw
How were you so light?!

No idea, the OH was pleasently surprised when she saw me post-weight gain :teehee:
Plan today is cycle to the local swimming pool and swim for an hour then cycle back, planning on cycling back "the long way" though. :smile: It's 6 miles directly there but i want to get to at least 15miles cycling today in total(the amount for a sprint triathalon) and will try and do 750m in the pool as well.

I haven't been swimming in about a year so i can't remember how far i can swim tbh, but 30 lengths of a 25m pool shouldn;t be too hard...
I had a birthday session in the gym today :smile: Felt good, but eating hasn't been quite right. I missed my snack and tonight I'm going for a curry. Ah well. Won't do too much, I guess I could do with a bit of flab :biggrin:
Original post by MHorman
Plan today is cycle to the local swimming pool and swim for an hour then cycle back, planning on cycling back "the long way" though. :smile: It's 6 miles directly there but i want to get to at least 15miles cycling today in total(the amount for a sprint triathalon) and will try and do 750m in the pool as well.

I haven't been swimming in about a year so i can't remember how far i can swim tbh, but 30 lengths of a 25m pool shouldn;t be too hard...

Today i phoned up the pool to make sure i had the right times for the adult only swim where there's nice lanes for me to swim in only to be reminded it's half term so it's kiddy holiday activities in the pool all day with inflatable toys... Brilliant...

But they told me the pool was open for a few hours for adults, either during my lectures or from 8 till 10 this evening...

And i have to cycle 6 miles there so not doing that at night, even with lights...

Went for a run instead though, feeling good now, Ran 4.2k in 20:53, averaged 176bpm on heart rate( a new highest) but only peaked at 190. I went for a sprint near the finish but i left it too late. i should have started sprinting like 10 seconds earlier but never mind...

That's up about 1k from my run last week, i already have a route planned for next week which will be about 4.7, ish... slightly longer but it was a bit of a killer hill in the middle which could make it interesting...

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/MHorman/a710lqi4jtn11a1b

I tracked it using my phone with a bluetooth heart rate moniter so you should be able to see it there. The heart rate graph has gone weird this week, dunno why... The rest is intersting though...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MHorman
Hey, i'm planning on doing a triathalon next summer. What was his plan/advice?

Atm, i'm just building up my general fitness but it would be cool to get proper advice from a personal trainer....

After my first two spinning classes i flet like throwing up so much i actually went outside thinking i was gonna be sick but i just didn't...

Basically cos the triathlon is far away to start working on my strength and flexibility first - especially my core and back.

I'm gonna go to the gym 4 times a week, 3 times a week mainly weights/stretching stuff, but with a little interval training on the treadmill and a bit on the bike. The other time just pure cardio - bike, rowing, running on the treadmill (starting off "gently" with just mile runs atm because I haven't run regularly for a long time) and swimming. Planning to add a mile swim onto the weights/stretching sessions at least twice a week though.

Swam a mile inbetween classes today. =D My whole body hurts from yday (yay) but I still got through it!

May end up going to the gym more than 4 times though... if I stay this excited. Lol.

From what I gather you tailor your training to how far away your event is. So right now focusing on strength and flexibility will make me faster and stronger for later. Also I didn't know but hamstrings are the driving force in running so the stronger they are, the faster you will go!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by thepinkpowerranger
Basically cos the triathlon is far away to start working on my strength and flexibility first - especially my core and back.

I'm gonna go to the gym 4 times a week, 3 times a week mainly weights/stretching stuff, but with a little interval training on the treadmill and a bit on the bike. The other time just pure cardio - bike, rowing, running on the treadmill (starting off "gently" with just mile runs atm because I haven't run regularly for a long time) and swimming. Planning to add a mile swim onto the weights/stretching sessions at least twice a week though.

Swam a mile inbetween classes today. =D My whole body hurts from yday (yay) but I still got through it!

May end up going to the gym more than 4 times though... if I stay this excited. Lol.

From what I gather you tailor your training to how far away your event is. So right now focusing on strength and flexibility will make me faster and stronger for later. Also I didn't know but hamstrings are the driving force in running so the stronger they are, the faster you will go!

Nice, sounds interesting, i may try and change up what i'm doing.

Atm i'm doing "4 by 4" on tuesdays which is the stationary bikes for 4 minutes flat out and then 4 minutes doing weights/squats etc then repeat for like 40 mins. With other spinning classes and runs and cycles thrown in as well.

Today was gonna be my first swim but i forgot it was half term for the young uns so instead of being lanes to train in it was giant inflatable toy day...

And when i swim i have to cycle at the same time as the nice pool near me is a 12 mile round trip on the bike to get there and back... Training ftw.

Which triathalon are you planning on doing and when?
And are you going for the full length olympic one or the sprint one?
I'm planning on sprint atm but may move up depending on how training goes...

And what are you doing when you say weights as well? Squats/deadlifts?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 351
Think I just gave myself tennis elbow :frown: Decided it would be a good workout for my arms to lay on the floor and do basketball style passes directly up into the air with my medicine ball, catching it as it came back down... oops :frown:
Reply 352
This year at uni I've decided to put the gym before my social life. So, so, so determined to reach my goals. I've taken determination to a brand new level.

Lets get hot in 2011!
Original post by Akkuz
This year at uni I've decided to put the gym before my social life. So, so, so determined to reach my goals. I've taken determination to a brand new level.

Lets get hot in 2011!

How many lbs are you trying to lose? :colondollar:
One great thing about stacking shelves part time is that you get a lovely workout AND get paid for it :biggrin:
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Ms Coffey, Male
Weight: 7.5 Stone
Height: 5'8
Dress Size: Small mens/large kids. Aiming Size 4 in womens.
Bust: Dont have
Waist: 25"
Hips: Dont have
Reason: Aiming to be size 0.
Goals: Be the first size zero male.
Special Remarks:

Out of interest... why? Why size 0, why womens clothes?
Great news -- I didn't gain weight. After three or so weeks, there has been no change.

It's fantastic because I have been doing nothing but snack on crap all day and I stopped my exercise routine a week or so ago :colondollar: The exams are not forgiving!
Weight: 178cm / 5'10''
Height: 59kg / 9,2 stone
Waist: dunno, lol.
Reason: Well... According to the BMI calculator I'm underweight. Actually this is unlikely- I have light bones (true!). On the other hand: I'm indeed pretty slim and need some more muscles and a more controlled diet as I always forget to eat o_0 - but not too much (muscles) as I am training for a marathon.
Goals: Try the Tyler-Durden workout (Best results for hardgainers like me) for 12 weeks and also train for the marathon
Special Remarks: Haven't trained running for 3 months, did not visit the gym for 1 year- totally out of shape. Also: I'll post before after pictures in 12 weeks.

Starting date: 4/10/2010
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 358
Original post by patientology
Out of interest... why? Why size 0, why womens clothes?

I think he's trying to be funny.
Reply 359
Original post by unborn-soul
How many lbs are you trying to lose? :colondollar:

40 lost, 40 to go :smile:

Yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest