The Student Room Group

Economics Applicants 2011 Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Got an e-mail from Nottingham this morning. Hoping for an offer sometime soon, I was horrified to see my application was on hold to give equal opportunities till the January deadline!! :angry::
I was aware Nottingham did this for L100 but did not expect it for L140 Economics and Econometrics.
Does this mean that I'll be waiting till January for Nottingham???
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by samprop
Got an e-mail from Nottingham this morning. Hoping for an offer sometime soon, I was horrified to see my application was on hold to give equal opportunities till the January deadline!! :angry::
I was aware Nottingham did this for L100 but did not expect it for L140 Economics and Econometrics.
Does this mean that I'll be waiting till January for Nottingham???

I got that email too, I think it's the whole Economics department that does it. Politics and Economics offers have been given out already because their admissions are done by the Politics department, which is annoying. And yep, we'll be waiting until January, maybe February.
Anyone applying to Economics & Econometrics at Nottingham on here?
waannk, got rejected from ucl.
Reply 104
Original post by greebo-man

what ur grades like???
Original post by samprop
what ur grades like???

predicted A*A*A in maths history spanish with an A at AS english.
Reply 106
predicted A*A*A in maths history spanish with an A at AS english.

ugh that sucks, unlucky! especially as you have brilliant predictions. have ucl only been rejecting for straight economics as i don't know anyone who has an offer from there yet? grr im so impatient
Seems like UCL started giving out rejections a few hours ago, haven't heard from them yet, hope this means good news for me
Reply 108
[QUOTE="greebo-man;28273390"]waannk, got rejected from ucl.[/QUOTE

sucks mate :frown: when did you send off your UCAS?
Reply 109
Does anyone know how amazing your grades must be to get an unconditional offer from a place like LSE or UCL?
They only give out unconditional offers to people that have finished their full Alevels / overseas qualifications, i think.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by fredbol
Does anyone know how amazing your grades must be to get an unconditional offer from a place like LSE or UCL?

You can only get conditional offers if you haven't finished your A levels.
Reply 112
oh right, that's what i had figured i was just making sure, thanks! i just went on a TSA thread and by the sounds of it people have been preparing for ages! i did crit thinking though so hopefully that'll help, still i have an essay to write which i'm dreading
Original post by fredbol
oh right, that's what i had figured i was just making sure, thanks! i just went on a TSA thread and by the sounds of it people have been preparing for ages! i did crit thinking though so hopefully that'll help, still i have an essay to write which i'm dreading

Best of luck! :smile:
Reply 114
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Best of luck! :smile:

thanks! i take it you're not e&m oxford then?
Original post by fredbol
thanks! i take it you're not e&m oxford then?

I considered it for a long time....but I decided against it
Original post by goldlock

sucks mate :frown: when did you send off your UCAS?

end of september. I'm pretty sad about it but what can you do. Still got Camfun and LSE on the table of course but if i didnt get an offer from ucl...
Reply 117
end of september. I'm pretty sad about it but what can you do. Still got Camfun and LSE on the table of course but if i didnt get an offer from ucl...

What reason did they give for rejecting you?
What reason did they give for rejecting you?

Academic badness
Reply 119
lucky! when did you send off your application?

mid september i think :smile:
waiting for my others now..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending