The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beth_F
Ahh man, they are so good! I got AAAC, and am predicted A*AAC, but doing a few resits to try and change that C. Do you reckon I have a chance? I am applying for Royal Holloway, Loughborough, Sotuhampton and Winchester. You?

Of course you do! Also applying to RHUL, Bristol, Durham & Oxford.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I just got a questionaire from UCL on my subject- 500 words on something "interesting" about the classical world, 500 words on how the ancient world has affected the modern world and weirdly enough 300 words analysing a poem by e.e cummings o.0 Anyways, I thought you guys might be interested in this bit at the bottom:

In order to make the application process as fair as possible, we will not be making offers to applicants until all responses to questionnaires have been submitted and considered, which will be late March 2011. We will of course confirm that we have received your questionnaire answers.

I don't know if this just applies to my subjects but it would suggest that offers from UCL will come in pretty late.
On a gap year, applying for Audiology 2011 :smile:
Reply 403
Username:Ray_Han
Course: Economics L101 (International Programme)
Planned Entry: 2011

Anyone else applying for L101? Anyone heard anything yet from UCL?
Reply 404
Original post by Xilin Song
Just got rejected for L100. :frown:

:frown: :frown: Sorry to hear that, where else are you applying?
(edited 13 years ago)
Got rejected this morning for L100, even though i'm predicted 3A* an an A at A-level. What more could they want?! :frown:
Good luck to everyone else :biggrin:
Original post by lemonade789
Got rejected this morning for L100, even though i'm predicted 3A* an an A at A-level. What more could they want?! :frown:
Good luck to everyone else :biggrin:

economics competetion is ridiculous, i feel sorry for people like you who are more than good enough for places like oxbridge, 10 years ago you would of got in fine :smile:- for any subject, unlucky mate :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 407
Any MathsMo's heard news yet?
Original post by ashton.alfred
economics competetion is ridiculous, i feel sorry for people like you who are more than good enough for places like oxbridge, 10 years ago you would of got in fine :smile:- for any subject, unlucky mate :rolleyes:

thanks man, what are you applying for?
thanks man, what are you applying for?

Information technology management for business BSc basically computer science and business, but because its a new course, (first people have graduated this year) its not very competetive- ABBe standard offer, want to go into Investment banking and UCL's first choice for me :biggrin:

Where else are you applying bud?
Information technology management for business BSc basically computer science and business, but because its a new course, (first people have graduated this year) its not very competetive- ABBe standard offer, want to go into Investment banking and UCL's first choice for me :biggrin:

Where else are you applying bud?

Cambridge for Land Economy (law and economics), economics at LSE, Warwick and Bath, so im aiming pretty high :s-smilie:
what about you?
Original post by Ray_Han
Username:Ray_Han
Course: Economics L101 (International Programme)
Planned Entry: 2011

Anyone else applying for L101? Anyone heard anything yet from UCL?

yeah i applied for L101 too, I got an email saying that my application is in the process, etc.
Reply 412
Original post by londonchick12321
yeah i applied for L101 too, I got an email saying that my application is in the process, etc.

Ah, ok cool, I got the acknowledgment as well. I think that maybe I should have applied for L100 instead though. Really good candidates are getting rejected for L100, and L101 will be even more difficult :s-smilie:.
Cambridge for Land Economy (law and economics), economics at LSE, Warwick and Bath, so im aiming pretty high :s-smilie:
what about you?

warwick computer and business and also applying for computer information systems engineering there, KCL computer science with management, Nottingham computer science
highest offer il get is AAB and notts BBB insurance,

and wow you are aiming high GL with your offers!! if you get into any of them your pretty much sorted so i'd forget UCL :biggrin:
theoretical physics... anyone else doing that?
warwick computer and business and also applying for computer information systems engineering there, KCL computer science with management, Nottingham computer science
highest offer il get is AAB and notts BBB insurance,

and wow you are aiming high GL with your offers!! if you get into any of them your pretty much sorted so i'd forget UCL :biggrin:

Thanks good luck yourself!! They said my academic record wasn't strong enough and i got 8A* at gcse, A in FSMQ, 4As and a B at AS and im predicted 3A* and an A at A-level.....
Reply 416
Thanks good luck yourself!! They said my academic record wasn't strong enough and i got 8A* at gcse, A in FSMQ, 4As and a B at AS and im predicted 3A* and an A at A-level.....

That B must have been in something vital? Otherwise I just don't know how they could reject you without an interview.
Original post by no chance
That B must have been in something vital? Otherwise I just don't know how they could reject you without an interview.

the B was in Biology,which i'm not even doing this year! i wouldn't mind if they'd given me a proper reason!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 418

I heard something last year about a 9A* cut off at GCSE and that seems to be in effect this year. Still I am shocked at the calibre of candidates that were rejected today- there was another candidate with 8A* at GCSE and 5 As at AS, and I think someone else with A*A*Aa prediction and 7A* at GCSE. Do you do further maths btw, because they might have marked you down if you don't?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ray_Han
I heard something last year about a 9A* cut off at GCSE and that seems to be in effect this year. Still I am shocked at the calibre of candidates that have got rejected to today- there was another candidate with 8A* at GCSE and 5 As at AS, and I think someone else with A*A*Aa prediction and 7A* at GCSE. Do you do further maths btw, because they might have marked you down if you don't?

Yeah, I'm doing Further Maths and I'm predicted an A* in it, so i'm quite confused right now :s-smilie:
good luck for your own application :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending