The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ineverwas
yeah i have a copy of the contract, problems with times are that friday and saturday nights i dont want to be working + going to chelsea games 3pm k.o saturday or 4pm sunday i would not get to work in time

if it says AM on your contract say that is what you signed for and you cant do the evenings. :smile:

as for overtime we're not allowed to do over 50 hours if we're on a new contract, if you're on an old contract no more than 39 hours cos after that you get time + a half. money saving measures and all
(edited 13 years ago)
Hi all,

Had my interview at sainsburys today (DVD and a 1on1).

i think it went really well , the 1 on 1 was very easy but im really unsure on the DVD :s-smilie:

From experience do you know how much you need to get on the test to pass?..i think i may have messed up the customer service bit of it and feel that if i didnt pass i must be a bit of an idiot ahah!

Any help appreicated

regards,
Anyone else already sick of 1/2 price toys!?! I actually couldn't see some customers over the belt, the stack of toys was that high!!
Reply 6443
Original post by kirsty142
Anyone else already sick of 1/2 price toys!?! I actually couldn't see some customers over the belt, the stack of toys was that high!!

My brother said their store had made £3k and they phoned up somewhere to request more stock. They were told not to be too pleased with their selves - some place up north made something like £43k! :eek:
bloody hell! thats a lot
I was wondering whether it's possible to swap shifts with someone, is that 'allowed'? I really need a day off in December and they've told me to write a letter to the store manager, but since i'm quire new I don't want to do that!
Reply 6446
Original post by TfcIan
My brother said their store had made £3k and they phoned up somewhere to request more stock. They were told not to be too pleased with their selves - some place up north made something like £43k! :eek:

washington by any chance was it? they always top the most sales in the country every year, but they are like a proper toy store apparently
I'm looking at applying for a price controller job at sains. The ad says that one week in 3 will require one night shift, does anyone know what kinda time this shift will be like? I'm presuming its for some sort of promo changeover stuff (I do virtually the same job atm for another supermarket, minus the night shift)
Original post by shooting.star
I was wondering whether it's possible to swap shifts with someone, is that 'allowed'? I really need a day off in December and they've told me to write a letter to the store manager, but since i'm quire new I don't want to do that!

Yeah I've did that it wasn't a problem at my store. :smile:
Reply 6449
Guys, is it possible if i got the interview, that on the phone i can apply for the same position but with extra hours? On the website ive seen a new vacancy come up that has 1 extra shift on it and my dad is telling me if i get the interview to ask if i could go for that one instead but is that even possible to do :s-smilie:
Original post by Eddikins
Guys, is it possible if i got the interview, that on the phone i can apply for the same position but with extra hours? On the website ive seen a new vacancy come up that has 1 extra shift on it and my dad is telling me if i get the interview to ask if i could go for that one instead but is that even possible to do :s-smilie:

No, you will only be interviewed for the hours you have applied for and won't be able to take the hours from that other position as they would have already have started accepting new applications. Why don't you withdraw the first one you applied for and apply for the new one.
Original post by Eddikins

just ask for overtime. that way you aren't contracted to do that extra shift :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6452
Original post by inksplodge
just ask for overtime. that way you aren't contracted to do that extra shift :biggrin:

Thats actually a better idea i suppose :tongue:
Hi,

for anyone that applied for sainsburys how long after the interview did you hear back ?

also how .... email,phone..??

Thanks
email and text message for me
Original post by skippy0894
Hi,

for anyone that applied for sainsburys how long after the interview did you hear back ?

also how .... email,phone..??

Thanks

First time, it took nearly 2 weeks and I received an email rejection. Later I received a job offer via phone call and email [about a week after the rejection].

Not sure why I didn't get a text, as I got a text about the interview... :smile:
Anybody know what happens on night shift when the clocks go back?
Reply 6457
anyone please tell me what is administration assistant?
I mean do you have to have any experience/qualifications?

Is the interview different to genereal assistant ones (I assume it would be)..I mean would there be a DVD to watch or what?
Original post by TfcIan

Oh my god! Hope it wasn't our store, although I wouldn't be surprised (I'm at the Sunderland store)
Original post by c101
anyone please tell me what is administration assistant?
I mean do you have to have any experience/qualifications?

Is the interview different to genereal assistant ones (I assume it would be)..I mean would there be a DVD to watch or what?

I work as a admin assistant, its mostly doing a missing ticket walk, putting increases out during the day and putting decreases out at night then using a handset/scanner to confirm all the tickets that you had to put out. Also doing all the advertising you see in the store.

Latest

Trending

Trending