The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Congrats! :woo:

(I love you and all, but I'm majorly jealous. I just want to hear something from Warwick, be it a rejection or an offer. :emo:)

Thank you! Does this merit a pi cake? :p:

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon! There was a big wave of offers that were determined from the maths department today, I expect they'll be one for law too right! And I think maths always goes out pretty early purely because they only reject 7% of applicants!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I applied for maths but haven't heard anything from them yet. Do you think that means I'm probably not going to get an offer?
Original post by Chewmeister
I applied for maths but haven't heard anything from them yet. Do you think that means I'm probably not going to get an offer?

Nah, probably means they've not reached your application yet. When did you apply?
Original post by Jing_jing
Nah, probably means they've not reached your application yet. When did you apply?

I sent it on the 14th. Probably means I'm in the maybe or no pile then :frown:
Original post by Chewmeister
I sent it on the 14th. Probably means I'm in the maybe or no pile then :frown:

I definately wouldn't stress about it! Mine was sent on the 6th and they've only gotten back to me today!
FML for not having any offers yet lol

has any1 heard from warwick for englit?
Thank you! Does this merit a pi cake? :p:

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon! There was a big wave of offers that were determined from the maths department today, I expect they'll be one for law too right! And I think maths always goes out pretty early purely because they only reject 7% of applicants!

I don't want to make you a pi cake anymore; I'm jealous and depressed now. :cry2:

It 's gonna take forever for Warwick to get back to any Law applicants! I'm gonna check Track even though NOTHING WILL BE THERE! :rant:
Congratulations!
in a jealous way..
no I joke (a little bit)
seriously though well done!
I hope they havent started giving MORSE offers! then I'd be REALLYYYYY jealous!
lol
I keep checking my email and track like every hour!
Did you first find out from track or email? cos then i can stop obsessively checking one of them...my itouch is like sick of track and hotmail already.. as soon as i type ww... track and hotmail come up :P
Offer for Maths :biggrin:
I don't want to make you a pi cake anymore; I'm jealous and depressed now. :cry2:

It 's gonna take forever for Warwick to get back to any Law applicants! I'm gonna check Track even though NOTHING WILL BE THERE! :rant:

:console: There there dear, I'm sure you'll get an offer from Warwick!

Really though, don't worry about it, it's not even November yet, and the vast majority of people haven't sent off their UCAS! They might want to wait till they've got more applications in to send out offers! And you already have an offer, remember? :biggrin:
:biggrin: I originally applied for that exact course... and then switched it to Durham!
Where else are you applying?

Ooh! I'm applying for Maths & Eco at Durham too! Natural Sciences? Plus, MORSE @ Warwick, Maths & Eco @ LSE, obviously Maths & Eco @ Nottingham, and Economics @ Cambridge, although I know Cambridge is a massive long shot, but hey, someone's got to get an offer! Have you heard from anybody yet?
Reply 531
Original post by a daedalus

Their admission's guy said that they interview applicants, but I don't know when they start handing them out :dontknow: I think they like to take their time, 'cause the interview date's in mid January...
:console: There there dear, I'm sure you'll get an offer from Warwick!

Really though, don't worry about it, it's not even November yet, and the vast majority of people haven't sent off their UCAS! They might want to wait till they've got more applications in to send out offers! And you already have an offer, remember? :biggrin:

You're right...I'm getting worked up over nothing. It's just that Manchester is my 5th choice!

Also, checked my email and found that Nottingham have informed me that I've been put in a "gathering field". Probably not getting an offer from them now... :emo:
Original post by james120793
Ooh! I'm applying for Maths & Eco at Durham too! Natural Sciences? Plus, MORSE @ Warwick, Maths & Eco @ LSE, obviously Maths & Eco @ Nottingham, and Economics @ Cambridge, although I know Cambridge is a massive long shot, but hey, someone's got to get an offer! Have you heard from anybody yet?

Heyyy I'm applying for MORSE too (well MMORSE...) have you heard anything yet?
I've only got an acknowledgement :frown:
getting really impatient now with all the maths offers...
good luck!
Original post by james120793

:biggrin: Yep, natural sciences! Think I might take some philosophy modules if I can, looks really interesting! Really really really want an offer from LSE! I've only heard from Warwick so far, the waiting is horrible. Ooh, I went for pure maths at Cambridge, which college did you apply to

You're right...I'm getting worked up ovaer nothing. It's just that Manchester is my 5th choice!

Also, checked my email and found that Nottingham have informed me that I've been put in a "gathering field". Probably not getting an offer from them now... :emo:

At least you have an offer and you know that you'll have somewhere to go next year! Manchester is a good university, I would have applied there but I don't really like campus universities that much, or big cities, aside from LSE because LSE is amazing for anything to do with economics!

A gathered field does not mean you're not going to get an offer! If that were the case they'd have just rejected you! They're just going to wait for more applicants, I'm sure you'll be better than them all! Don't stress about it too much!
I applied and got an e-mail saying that they're going to wait until January 15th deadline before making decisions :/
Reply 536
Which exam board are you on! And how have you managed to finish so fast! I've only done one chapter and I can't even begin to attempt any questions in that chapter as I don't actually understand it!
Oh god I know! Actually FP1 seemed impossible when I first started it but I would give so much to be doing it again!

Tomorrow? Are you not on half term already?

AQA exam board. What about you? I'm doing the whole F Maths A Level in a year, so have 6 modules to do this year. So it basically takes up 2 of my a level slots in school. We've finished 2 already, FP1 and M3.... i already did PC1,2,3,4 & M1,2 last year :smile:

Oh and I'm in NI so our half term is slightly different. We just got off today, off tomorrow and then all of next week.
Reply 537
Original post by Anita B. Studin
Congratulations!
in a jealous way..
no I joke (a little bit)
seriously though well done!
I hope they havent started giving MORSE offers! then I'd be REALLYYYYY jealous!
lol
I keep checking my email and track like every hour!
Did you first find out from track or email? cos then i can stop obsessively checking one of them...my itouch is like sick of track and hotmail already.. as soon as i type ww... track and hotmail come up :P

I've heard they send out MORSE offers quite late. :frown: But since we don't need STEP for ours, I think it's slightly easier to attain.... it's harder GETTING the offer whilst with maths it's not so difficult to get an offer, but I heard only 1/3 of people who firm Warwick for Maths only meet the requirements! :s-smilie: At least with MORSE, if we get an offer, we know we just need to work for the grades.
Reply 538
Original post by Vekeh
Original post by a daedalus

Their admission's guy said that they interview applicants, but I don't know when they start handing them out :dontknow: I think they like to take their time, 'cause the interview date's in mid January...

Nothing heard here either. Vekeh, where did you hear that about the interview date? The UCAS cut-off is mid-January, I was assuming most Universities wouldn't be interviewing until after then.
Which is more difficult, Maths or MORSE/MMORSE?

Quick Reply