The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Sorry... i've only got 2.50 now after paying my housemate back...
Original post by =nuke=
I've got 30p in 2p coins. That might sway them.

Sounds sexeh :perv:
Guys, the radiohead soc is on the recent threads page. We need to prove our superiority
I know... I saw that... not acceptable!
Original post by museobsessed
Guys, the radiohead soc is on the recent threads page. We need to prove our superiority

**** that, people in there are questioning the most-excellentness of In Rainbows. That kind of quality album easily stands alongside alongside OK Computer, The Bends and Kid A. Psssh.

Radiohead's latest album > Muse's latest album. I'm tempted to add a fairly large positive integer onto the right hand side of the inequality, such is my belief.

Plz don't neg me plz :puppyeyes:
Original post by JohnnySPal

Radiohead's latest album > Muse's latest album. I'm tempted to add a fairly large positive integer onto the right hand side of the inequality, such is my belief.

*considers negging but instead just mutters darkly*

True but only because the resistance is ****.
Omg guys! The resistance is not ****! Its actually pretty good!
BHAR is the closest thing to **** Muse have and even that has KoC and MOTP
No one agrees with meeeeee :frown:
The only good thing about the resistance is MK Ultra and Unnatural selection...
*considers negging but instead just mutters darkly*

Bloody hell someone just gave me 11 rep points for complimenting Radiohead in a Muse thread :p:

Spoiler

Omg guys! The resistance is not ****! Its actually pretty good!
BHAR is the closest thing to **** Muse have and even that has KoC and MOTP
No one agrees with meeeeee :frown:

BHaR is a ****ing awesome album, **** off :tongue:lz:

Original post by hothedgehog
The only good thing about the resistance is MK Ultra and Unnatural selection...

Really? I think Unnatural Selection is one of the worst tracks on the album. I got bored of it very quickly. But then I suppose the whole album has a bit of a longevity issue.

I think TR has an excellent first four tracks (but appreciate why most would hate at least one of those tracks), and kinda goes downhill from there. Well, with the notable exception of MK Ultra, which still to this day reminds me of the Treasure Hunt theme tune; and also Exogenesis (but especially Cross-Pollination). The rest of the album is perfectly decent stuff, but it's... Hrm. I can't help but feel disappointed given the quality of the albums that came before it.

Hopefully the boys will bring back a producer for the next album, who'll reign them back in a little bit.

Fact of the day: Exogenesis was released as a single in the US. How's about that, then?

Me need more Muse material so we stop having the same arguments :p:
Very true. More music muse.
Bloody hell someone just gave me 11 rep points for complimenting Radiohead in a Muse thread :p:

I think there was some sort of glitch with new members starting off with 10 points, so to compensate they added 10 to everyones rep.
Original post by Wednesday Bass

Original post by Wednesday Bass
I think there was some sort of glitch with new members starting off with 10 points, so to compensate they added 10 to everyones rep.

not happened to me :frown:
Ruled By Secrecy sounds amazing on the piano, and it's quite fun to play :love:. I may try and throw a recording up this weekend, maybe along with a bit of Piano Thing. I can't believe I didn't learn it sooner. Ahh well.

I'm not quite sure what to do with the solo onwards though. I'm messing about with how I use the left hand, and can't settle on any one way to play it:

The first half of the solo has both hands play the same thing an octave apart, but I don't think that sounds quite as good without the drum backing. Playing a simplified left hand at first - as sheets suggest you should - and then playing octaves apart just for the second half helps to sustain the climactic peak (in the absence of drums) you reach at the start of the solo. But at the same time, having loved the track for years it feels wrong to play any of it simplified

The Space Dementia-esque first-note-of-the-bar low notes don't sound right either. Matt can afford to go for a mid-low reach (using technical terminology :p: ) because Chris' bass delivers the deep thump, but unless Chris fancies retiring and dueting with me full time I can only really go for the very bottom notes (again, as the sheets suggest). But piano and bass sound really quite different. Arghhhh.

The piano-drum interplay in the closing is also reallllly hard to replicate. Again I think I'm going to have to fiddle about with it a bit to get it sounding right

So yes, woe is me. I just wanted to vent a little frustration PALS, move along people.
(edited 13 years ago)
How did i not know about this, take me in, please !!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Ruled By Secrecy sounds amazing on the piano, and it's quite fun to play :love:. I may try and throw a recording up this weekend, maybe along with a bit of Piano Thing. I can't believe I didn't learn it sooner. Ahh well.

May? Nae! WILL!
So then we can all be astounded/distracted from lots of work.

Feeling the love again for Absolution, currently listening to it right now :grin:

Was listening to Reckoner, and think that song alone > TR

But this cover:

I'm so bored, gave in a dissertation on Thursday (came out to 48 pages :cool: but honestly not fun)

Am meant to be working now, need some motivation anyone.

Anyway, anyone going to see Biffy/30 seconds to Mars late Nov/Dec?
It's been a few days since I made any kind of pervy comment...

...So yeah...Any of you girls wanna make sweet, sweet sex? :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest