The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
No offers today. I should stop obsessively checking track... I'm too impatient though!
Reply 641
Original post by EdwardCJ
Same. What are you applying for at Imperial? I'm applying for civil engineering :-p

Mathemagic :smile:
Reply 642
Original post by lsharkey3
ME TOO :biggrin: BBC for English and History, i was so excited :biggrin:

Congratulations! Thats brilliant! :biggrin: I got all excited! Just nervous now! x

Original post by jimbles

Going okay, just waiting on four unis!!! ARGHHHH :frown:

Aww bless you, they will get back to you soon enough i'm sure :smile: whats your first choice and what are you applying to do?

xx
Reply 643
Original post by TokenWeirdo
Nice one! I have a friend who applied for History at Nottingham and she got an offer earlier this week (although she was one of the first people in our school to send hers off) so hopefully you should hear from them soon! I'm going for English, although I'm hoping to do some history-related modules at certain points as I took both straight History and Classical Civilisations at A-Level :biggrin: I wish you lots of luck!

Good luck to you too! :biggrin:
Reply 644
Original post by Sianelly
Congratulations! Thats brilliant! :biggrin: I got all excited! Just nervous now! x

Aww bless you, they will get back to you soon enough i'm sure :smile: whats your first choice and what are you applying to do?

xx

UWE is first choice!

Preference order :

UWE - sports science
Hertfordshire/NTU - sport and exercise science
Coventry - sport and exercise science
Sheffield Hallam - sport technology

what about all yours? :smile:
Reply 645
I got an email today from Southampton uni telling me that they want me in for an interview and test for the Law M100 degree. Only thing is, they've not told me the date and are making me wait to find out when it will be (though it seems like it will be in the next month or so from the email).

Standard procedure I believe for mature students, but at least I know that a top uni is seriously considering my application and i've not been thrown in the reject bin straight away!

On the other hand, it's causing me to check my emails and track every 30 minutes or so (even at this hour!) to make sure they've not sent me my interview confirmation and to see if any of my other unis have replied yet.

Damn this waiting.
Original post by jimbles
UWE is first choice!

Preference order :

UWE - sports science

booo you for hallam been your last choice .lol
Reply 647
Original post by nikki-jones2009
booo you for hallam been your last choice .lol

Sport Technology sounded interesting... when I look into it more it might jump up? :tongue:
Original post by jimbles
Sport Technology sounded interesting... when I look into it more it might jump up? :tongue:

sheffieldd ruleeess
Reply 649
sheffieldd ruleeess

haha :tongue: If they did sport science as a 4 year degree it'd shoot up :tongue:
Original post by jimbles
haha :tongue: If they did sport science as a 4 year degree it'd shoot up :tongue:

lool come to hallammmmm!!
Reply 651
lool come to hallammmmm!!

I'd consider it if I can find out more about the course I chose :tongue:
Reply 652
Original post by jimbles
UWE is first choice!

Preference order :

UWE - sports science

Ahh you have applied to Sheffield Hallam too then! :biggrin: That sounds brilliant! I wish you the best of luck :smile:

Mine are in no particular order.. as I cannot really decide however Gloucestershire is my first choice.

I also have:
Gloucestershire - Psychology
Glamorgan - Psychology
Plymouth - Psychology
Keele - Psychology with Neuroscience
Sheffield Hallam - Psychology

xx
Original post by Anti
Meh, my Head of Sixth said he'd get it done on the Monday and he didn't end up even looking at it until the Thursday, and then he didn't actually read over my application at all. A few days won't make much/any difference really.

I had another nightmare... :tongue: Birmingham sent me a rejection because "my grades weren't as high as predicted" and "food preferences were taken into account". I woke up very confused and quite upset too. :biggrin:

Just got a reply back from my tutor saying he'll sort it out on Monday (and hasn't even started my reference!). It's nice to know we are both putting in the same effort! So pointless of him to tell him he'd be fine me sending it to him in Half Term :angry: I know a few days won't make any difference, but it's a few days sooner I might have offers, plus my peace of mind :redface:

Aw sorry about Birmingham :frown: I hope at least you have another 4 uni's you'd be happy going to which may give you offers? What were your grades/predicted grades? And what the fudge cake is the 'food preferences' all about!?
Reply 654
Original post by Sianelly
Ahh you have applied to Sheffield Hallam too then! :biggrin: That sounds brilliant! I wish you the best of luck :smile:

Mine are in no particular order.. as I cannot really decide however Gloucestershire is my first choice.

I also have:
Gloucestershire - Psychology
Glamorgan - Psychology
Plymouth - Psychology
Keele - Psychology with Neuroscience
Sheffield Hallam - Psychology

xx

Thank you! I'm hoping to do a four year course though :biggrin: Really want to do a placement year.... Only Nottingham Trent doesn't do that so they might get overlooked for me....

Good luck with yours! :smile:
Reply 655
Original post by Crazydavy
Just got a reply back from my tutor saying he'll sort it out on Monday (and hasn't even started my reference!). It's nice to know we are both putting in the same effort! So pointless of him to tell him he'd be fine me sending it to him in Half Term :angry: I know a few days won't make any difference, but it's a few days sooner I might have offers, plus my peace of mind :redface:

Aw sorry about Birmingham :frown: I hope at least you have another 4 uni's you'd be happy going to which may give you offers? What were your grades/predicted grades? And what the fudge cake is the 'food preferences' all about!?

no no.... she wasn't rejected, she just had a nightmare thankfully! :biggrin:
Reply 656
Original post by Crazydavy

Haha, mine did the bloody same thing... (still bitter about it now :P). "You can read it through next Monday and make sure it's okay, blah blah blah...", I turn up at the office and there is literally nothing there for me. "I'll get it done by Wednesday or Thursday, and then I'll read through your personal statement!" Nope, and he even pressed "send" on my account after telling me that I had stuff to change! Grr.

Apparently it's a universal truth that you just have to keep pestering people to get anything involving UCAS done, at schools. I just gave up on getting any extra help personally, and I had all my stuff done by the very start of October (it got sent off on the 15th or 14th, something like that).

Haha, it was just a nightmare! :tongue: It did make me laugh when I woke up... silly subconscious! I just haven't had an acknowledgement so who knows, they might be rejecting me in real life too. xP
Reply 657
Original post by jimbles
Thank you! I'm hoping to do a four year course though :biggrin: Really want to do a placement year.... Only Nottingham Trent doesn't do that so they might get overlooked for me....

Good luck with yours! :smile:

Thats no problem :smile: and thank you for the good luck, be sure to keep us informed of any offers thats occur. They sound like great courses! All of mine are three years expect Plymouth which I can do a placement year, but I can opt to do a placement year in the others I think?

xx
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 658
Original post by Anti
Haha, mine did the bloody same thing... (still bitter about it now :P). "You can read it through next Monday and make sure it's okay, blah blah blah...", I turn up at the office and there is literally nothing there for me. "I'll get it done by Wednesday or Thursday, and then I'll read through your personal statement!" Nope, and he even pressed "send" on my account after telling me that I had stuff to change! Grr.

Apparently it's a universal truth that you just have to keep pestering people to get anything involving UCAS done, at schools. I just gave up on getting any extra help personally, and I had all my stuff done by the very start of October (it got sent off on the 15th or 14th, something like that).

Haha, it was just a nightmare! :tongue: It did make me laugh when I woke up... silly subconscious! I just haven't had an acknowledgement so who knows, they might be rejecting me in real life too. xP

I still blooming laugh at the food habits one!
Original post by Anti

Ah jeez silly me! I understand now! Oh god, now you're going to start me off on getting nightmares about UCAS! I've actually had some good dreams lately. I was driving in one (although I was probably about 9 in the dream) and there was a really good feeling about it. Even thinking back to the dream makes me all warm in side :love: I'm not a weirdo, I promise :eek: Blame UCAS! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending