The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmileyGurl13
Defo am going to go for A*A* :P but I've already got A* in maths, so that's less pressure :biggrin:. But I still have to do STEP/AEA :[, but step I. Am dreading it, spesh as I have AEA on the same day as my physics :O. I prefer Bath to Notts, but I still really ?'ed it, just thought the accommodation wasn't as good. Which open days did you go to? :P You might've seen me ;o. Durham looks really beautiful and I like the course, but I much prefer campuses. I cbb to argue about why maths is better than physics, I get enough of that with my dad (he did physics at bath :biggrin:, but my mum did maths :wink: ).

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/XKCD_Purity.png just a thought. :rolleyes:

You might do well if they're back to back. Last year I had C2 and Physics back to back and those were my two best results. :biggrin: And this January I have C3 and FP1 as a double sitting too. Although I'm the only person sitting FP1 because I choose to selfteach AS FM this year as it doesn't fit into my timetable.

I haven't been to any university open days yet because I'm from Channel Islands and it would be expensive to make lots of trips to mainland UK. But I have seen quite a few unis. I've been to Nottingham for a 3 day Physics Course last year. I went across with my school and visited Northern Universities like Liverpool, Manchester, York, Leeds and Nottingham (again). And I've also been to Bath and Exeter with my parents (but I didn't get a tour or anything.) And next month I'm going to the Physics open day at Exeter and Southampton. :smile: And I need to arrange to visit Durham at some point. Then I've seen all my choice universities! I didn't think Nottingham accomodation was too bad compared to the other universities I've stayed at. I just found the place huge!

And okay maths is more pure than physics. But they you loose reality with mathematics and as soon as you apply it e.g in mechanics or statistics its all turns in physics anyway. :tongue: Are you doing Maths or Physics olympiad this year?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 381
My application has been recieved by the department... at last!
Yey. Everytime my ears burn I'm paranoid it's admissions people laughing at me
Original post by LukethePianoMan
at least the teaching in ur school is pretty good, and u seem like u will stay out of trouble :smile:
i find a few teaching styles difficult, but i end up using textbooks to learn most of the time!
the best teachers try and suit all teaching styles I suppose, or use teaching styles that benefit most students

:yep: It's pretty good, and my pure maths teacher is actually the most awesome person ever! She brings lots of sweets :p:
Yeah, it's just that this biology teacher doesn't actually make notes, she just explains everything really vaguely in really unscientific language so there's no way you could use what she said in an exam. Will probably end up doing out all out the textbook too!
Reply 384
I miss this process, it was fun!
Reply 385
Original post by Sequin
I miss this process, it was fun!

Err...:erm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Freerider101
You might do well if they're back to back. Last year I had C2 and Physics back to back and those were my two best results. :biggrin: And this January I have C3 and FP1 as a double sitting too. Although I'm the only person sitting FP1 because I choose to selfteach AS FM this year as it doesn't fit into my timetable.

I haven't been to any university open days yet because I'm from Channel Islands and it would be expensive to make lots of trips to mainland UK. But I have seen quite a few unis. I've been to Nottingham for a 3 day Physics Course last year. I went across with my school and visited Northern Universities like Liverpool, Manchester, York, Leeds and Nottingham (again). And I've also been to Bath and Exeter with my parents (but I didn't get a tour or anything.) And next month I'm going to the Physics open day at Exeter and Southampton. :smile: And I need to arrange to visit Durham at some point. Then I've seen all my choice universities! I didn't think Nottingham accomodation was too bad compared to the other universities I've stayed at. I just found the place huge!

And okay maths is more pure than physics. But they you loose reality with mathematics and as soon as you apply it e.g in mechanics or statistics its all turns in physics anyway. :tongue: Are you doing Maths or Physics olympiad this year?

Yeah but AEA is 3 hours bloody LONG! I had M1 and Physics back to back to be fair and got full marks in both LOL. Fluke much >.<

Nah I'm not doing either of the olympiads, am doing the UKMT senior challenge and team challenge tho ;D

Keep me updated with your offers btw!!
Reply 387
Application recieved by department! :smile: How far along is everyone else with Durham?
Reply 388
Application received by the department finally!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 389
My application is received by my college!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 390
Original post by thecodman

Oh my God, congratulations!!!

What for/when did you apply?

Mine's still all like;
Application Status
Q300 English Literature

* Your application has been received by the Department
* Your application has not yet been received by a College

:sigh:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 391

Is this for economics? Congrats! May I ask when you applied and what your grades were?
Reply 392

WHAT!:eek: ... details! (Almost)Congratulations by the way!
Reply 393
Original post by Muffinz
Oh my God, congratulations!!!

What for/when did you apply?

Mine's still all like;

:sigh:

lol cheers. I sent my ucas on the first of Oct. i am applying for economics @ university college. Dont think u need to worry about it too much though, some departments r slower than the others. Also, i am applying post A2, so my application might be straight forward to consider. Gd luck on urs m8.
Reply 394
Original post by Ray_Han
Is this for economics? Congrats! May I ask when you applied and what your grades were?

yh cheers m8. I sent mine on the 1st of Oct. Grades: A*A*A* in econ, maths and F maths.
gd luck on urs :smile:
That's awesome mate
Reply 396
lol cheers. I sent my ucas on the first of Oct. i am applying for economics @ university college. Dont think u need to worry about it too much though, some departments r slower than the others. Also, i am applying post A2, so my application might be straight forward to consider. Gd luck on urs m8.

Yeah, congratulations! Those are awesome grades too :h: I'm a post applicant too, but I have A*AB (resitting for A*AA) when the entrance reqs are AAA. I think the English dept are notorious for taking forever on decisions. I dunno, guess I just don't like the waiting lol.
Reply 397
yh cheers m8. I sent mine on the 1st of Oct. Grades: A*A*A* in econ, maths and F maths.
gd luck on urs :smile:

Well I can see why they accepted you straight away with those grades. I applied on the 5th (processed on 6th) myself, so I hope I can get mine sent to my college soon (hoping it does get sent off at all :biggrin:).
Thanks, good luck to you too with your other applications :smile:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Mines been sent to college now :biggrin: Which has made me even more nervous for some reason. Does anyone know how long it takes for the college to consider you?
Reply 399
Original post by magicalelf
Mines been sent to college now :biggrin: Which has made me even more nervous for some reason. Does anyone know how long it takes for the college to consider you?

If urs get sent to a college, u r pretty much garanteed for an offer unless they have no spaces available :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending