The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by Sianelly
Thats no problem :smile: and thank you for the good luck, be sure to keep us informed of any offers thats occur. They sound like great courses! All of mine are three years expect Plymouth which I can do a placement year, but I can opt to do a placement year in the others I think?

xx

I will do... make sure you keep me informed too! :smile: I'm sure you can find out easily if you just ask them :smile: I just want to do a four year course to hopefully earn money and make contacts in the industry....
Original post by mrltg100

Original post by mrltg100
Nearly 4 weeks on now and only 1 offer, the other 4 uni's haven't even acknowledged my application! :frown:

York St. John replied to my email however, anyone applying there? It's my top choice but anyway they said that they haven't looked at anyone's application at all! :mad:

If you can, choose Hertfordshire over Bedfordshire, their campus is sooo much better than Bedfordshires. Luton is a dump!
I'm so glad I have an offer from Sheffield because now if I get rejected from the others, I will have somewhere that I wouldn't mind going XD
Original post by gozatron
If you can, choose Hertfordshire over Bedfordshire, their campus is sooo much better than Bedfordshires. Luton is a dump!

hertfordshire campus is loverly but you also have to take into consideration that hertfordshire is in a smalll town, which is mainly just houses there...nothing to do...i know they have opened a new club on the campus but i can imagine you getting verrry bored of 3 yrs visiting the same place! plus i can imagine they is not alot of job oppitunities there either due to the tiny location....the uni would be better if it was in a different town. i know they are a few other towns surrounding BUT they are a train ride or bus ride away ( and trust me the travel costs will add up) :smile: and also hatfield is a dump:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by nikki-jones2009

Original post by nikki-jones2009
hertfordshire campus is loverly but you also have to take into consideration that hertfordshire is in a smalll town, which is mainly just houses there...nothing to do...i know they have opened a new club on the campus but i can imagine you getting verrry bored of 3 yrs visiting the same place! plus i can imagine they is not alot of job oppitunities there either due to the tiny location....the uni would be better if it was in a different town. i know they are a few other towns surrounding BUT they are a train ride or bus ride away ( and trust me the travel costs will add up) :smile: and also hatfield is a dump:smile:

Fair enough :biggrin:

But the thought of somebody spending the best three years of their loves in Luton, make me feel sad for them! :p:
I've been acknowledged by kings and asked to send a creative writing sample by nottz.. I want moorrreeee ! X
Original post by gozatron
Fair enough :biggrin:

But the thought of somebody spending the best three years of their loves in Luton, make me feel sad for them! :p:

lolz maybe luton and hatfield are the same (trash) lolz
Original post by Amy124
Yeah iknow, was so shocked to hear from them so early. But i wouldnt worry cos all the depts give theirs out at different times. When did you send your app away?

Im bloody raging now! lol
I sent my off on the 8th of October, then it was processed on the 11th. :/
3 weeks ago and no offers :frown:
Original post by Amy124
Yeah iknow, was so shocked to hear from them so early. But i wouldnt worry cos all the depts give theirs out at different times. When did you send your app away?

3 weeks ago and no offers :frown: when did you send yours?
Original post by Irishmonkey1992
3 weeks ago and no offers :frown: when did you send yours?

i sent mine off on the 23rd of sept and i havnt had any offers:/
Reply 670
1 week now. 1 acknowledgment, 0 offers. This is going to be very long.
Reply 671
By the way good luck everyone with offers...just to let you know UCAS gets up dated twice a day... 10am and 5pm, so if you haven't got anything immediately after these 2 times then you know you don't have to worry for the rest of the day, :smile:
Original post by marvenh
By the way good luck everyone with offers...just to let you know UCAS gets up dated twice a day... 10am and 5pm, so if you haven't got anything immediately after these 2 times then you know you don't have to worry for the rest of the day, :smile:

Thank you!!!
Ive just got an conditional offer from the University of Birmingham for psychology :biggrin:
Soo happy!!!:smile:
Quote me if you have also got a place at Birmingham for Psychology :smile:
Bloody Hull and their 'unofficial conditional' (sounds like a good album title though right?). It's as if their teasing me! Fingers crossed nothing will get changed, I'm presuming this all means Hull just haven't got round to processing it to UCAS.
Reply 675
Got an offer from UEA today for psychology :biggrin:
Another day, another disappointing lack of emails :frown: when will the agony end cruel UCAS??
got two offers so far :biggrin: and i only applied a week ago, not trying to rub it in anyones faces :wink:
conditional from essex where i have to get an A in accounting and a conditional from Brunel which will turn into an unconditional when i send my certificates to them :smile: good times
Reply 678
Has anyone got an acknowledgment for Political Science at Birmingham?
It's the only one I haven't had an acknowledgement from.

And I still have no offers 3 weeks after sending off my application.
I just got an offer from Nottingham for Biochemistry! :smile:
They only want BBB which is pretty low I think !? :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending