The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by magicalelf
Mines been sent to college now :biggrin: Which has made me even more nervous for some reason. Does anyone know how long it takes for the college to consider you?

It says on the website that the vast majority of applications that are forwarded to colleges are accepted.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I'm applying for Applied Psychology :smile: anyone else?
Yeah I've read about that too, im just trying not to get my hopes up because it does say in some cases you can still get rejected. Just want something on track to confirm it all.
Reply 403
Original post by magicalelf
Mines been sent to college now :biggrin: Which has made me even more nervous for some reason. Does anyone know how long it takes for the college to consider you?

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 404
Mines been received by college which if I'm not mistaken pretty much means I have an offer! aaarrrghh :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by b1993
Mines been received by college which if I'm not mistaken pretty much means I have an offer! aaarrrghh :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sorry to tell you but it doesn't :frown: The AES often says about the college either way. Unless it's in track it doesn't count.
Reply 406
Lol, I haven't been allocated a college yet and I sent my UCAS on the 12th. Do you reckon that's a sign of rejection?
Reply 407
Original post by Ultimate1
Lol, I haven't been allocated a college yet and I sent my UCAS on the 12th. Do you reckon that's a sign of rejection?

Not at all! Durham are notorious for taking forever with their offers - you may be kept waiting until March for an offer. I'd just forget about it for the minute lol
Original post by Ultimate1

no
Durham often take ages
A mate last year applied early September but didn't get an offer til feb !
Reply 409
Original post by Noodlzzz
Sorry to tell you but it doesn't :frown: The AES often says about the college either way. Unless it's in track it doesn't count.

what do you mean. Im pretty sure that when your application has been passed onto a college it means that your department has accepted you and so you need to be accepted by your college and thats it. if they dont have spaces then another college? theres a small chance you get rejected but only very small no?! ..... if it says your app has been received by department, but has not been sent to a college then thats different.
Original post by SK-mar
what do you mean. Im pretty sure that when your application has been passed onto a college it means that your department has accepted you and so you need to be accepted by your college and thats it. if they dont have spaces then another college? theres a small chance you get rejected but only very small no?! ..... if it says your app has been received by department, but has not been sent to a college then thats different.

Yes all of that is right. However, the AES is not a reliable indicator of whether or not it actually has been recieved by the college and if you will get an offer. It is known not to be reliable, so I wouldn't get your hopes up unless it's on track.
Reply 411
From AES:
You can monitor the progress of your application within the University as outlined above. However, please note that the AES provides only an indication of the progress of an application and is not the legally binding official decision of the University. Official decisions are communicated through UCAS. In the vast majority of cases, the progress of an application to a college on our AES will indicate that an application has been successful, but there are exceptions to this. We therefore advise all applicants to wait until details of their offer have been communicated through UCAS before they presume that they will receive an offer. You can find out what decision has been made at UCAS by logging onto the UCAS applicant tracking service.
Applying for Law at Collingwood.

LNAT done.

Now I play the waiting game *grabs newspaper*.
Original post by Muffinz
Yeah, congratulations! Those are awesome grades too :h: I'm a post applicant too, but I have A*AB (resitting for A*AA) when the entrance reqs are AAA. I think the English dept are notorious for taking forever on decisions. I dunno, guess I just don't like the waiting lol.

Muffinz your gonna get in ya silly billy.
I've started re-reading stuff like mad in the hope I'm interviewed and can come up with something genius. lol. doesnt help when my housemate went to durham and is from durham and all he talks about is durham haha.
Reply 414
Durham
Application Status
F105 Chemistry - Mchem

* Your application has been received by the Department
* Your application has not yet been received by a College

Applied to University College 'cos it looks badass as hell.
Reply 415
Does anyone know if Durham accepts other language test than IELTS and TOEFL? I have to take one and personally I would prefer to take CAE or CPE.
Still haven't received any kind of acknowlegement or access to AES. Kinda want to email them but I don't want to look too pushy. What do you guys think?
Reply 417
Original post by riotgrrl
Still haven't received any kind of acknowlegement or access to AES. Kinda want to email them but I don't want to look too pushy. What do you guys think?

When did you send your application off? I got my acknowledgement four days after I sent my appl to UCAS.
Original post by Jing_jing
:yep: It's pretty good, and my pure maths teacher is actually the most awesome person ever! She brings lots of sweets :p:
Yeah, it's just that this biology teacher doesn't actually make notes, she just explains everything really vaguely in really unscientific language so there's no way you could use what she said in an exam. Will probably end up doing out all out the textbook too!

woo sweets, thats always good!
wow, thats not very good teaching, she probably only knows it vaguely herself and wouldnt do well in an exam!
Original post by KaHelene
When did you send your application off? I got my acknowledgement four days after I sent my appl to UCAS.

19th September.

Latest

Trending

Trending