The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jade2009
Got an offer from UEA today for psychology :biggrin:

Snap :smile:
Reply 701
This is getting ridiculous now!
Every time the post comes through or I get an e-mail my stomach flips in case it's from a Uni!

I've applied for
University of Leeds - Cultural Studies
University of Nottingham - Cultural Sociology
University of Sussex - Anthropology and Cultural Studies
University of the Arts London - Media and Cultural Studies
Leeds Met University - Media and Popular Culture
I just got an offer from warwick and UCL! But that's not the uni i want though..
Same here man i sent it off abt 2 weeks ago and I check my emails and stuff everyday it REALLY is driving me mad
To people who have offers - did you send your AS results or put them down as pending? My school is trying to get students to hide their bad results because alot of people didn't do so well even though they were predicted A's/B's. Is this the right thing to do? Will universities hunt down your AS results or just trust the predictions they've been given?
Sanity is escaping me. Don't know how much longer I'll last!
Reply 706
Dum dum dum..... Damn you UCAS!!!
Reply 707
nottingham emailed me saying me application ison hold and i won't hear from them until february

aside from the fact that this is head-bagingly frustrating, i now feel nauuuseous because i know a few people who've got offers from nottingham now

and is sheffield meant to reply wityhin 5-7 days? because it's been about a fortnight now :/
Original post by A level Az
To people who have offers - did you send your AS results or put them down as pending? My school is trying to get students to hide their bad results because alot of people didn't do so well even though they were predicted A's/B's. Is this the right thing to do? Will universities hunt down your AS results or just trust the predictions they've been given?

I put down what I got in August, because my school certificates them, then re-entered it and put it as pending. Do what it says on UCAS because it is better to be safe than sorry. My school told us to put them as pending, but I didn't want to get done for fraud because the unis can find out quite easily (from what my Head of VI said) if they want to or to check if your predictions are accurate. I did the above and I have two offers from Nottingham (not Trent), both of which are lower than the typical offer, which I don't think I would have got if I lied about my results (they might have asked me to get AAA if they were going by predictions!). Hope that helps :smile: and good luck!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 709
Original post by BrilliantMinds
I just got an offer from warwick and UCL! But that's not the uni i want though..

:redface: you dont want either of them...oxbridge?
Original post by nikki-jones2009
i live in hull...do you want me to go sort them out for you?:wink:lol

I wouldn't want to put you at risk for my sake. :P
Original post by LiamTheKook
I wouldn't want to put you at risk for my sake. :P

lmfao:wink::smile:
Reply 712
Original post by Irishmonkey1992
Im bloody raging now! lol
I sent my off on the 8th of October, then it was processed on the 11th. :/
3 weeks ago and no offers :frown: when did you send yours?

i sent mine off on the 14th and was processed of the 15th Oct. :/ Hope you hear something soon! Got another offer last night so was well happy :biggrin:
Original post by yahyahyahs
I put down what I got in August, because my school certificates them, then re-entered it and put it as pending. Do what it says on UCAS because it is better to be safe than sorry. My school told us to put them as pending, but I didn't want to get done for fraud because the unis can find out quite easily (from what my Head of VI said) if they want to or to check if your predictions are accurate. I did the above and I have two offers from Nottingham (not Trent), both of which are lower than the typical offer, which I don't think I would have got if I lied about my results (they might have asked me to get AAA if they were going by predictions!). Hope that helps :smile: and good luck!

Thanks and well done :smile: I hope to get an offer from Nottingham too. Literally nobody in my school believes me when I say that Universities can find out our AS grades easily (since our school certifcates them too) and they are all just going to stick down pending :s-smilie:
Reply 714
Foolish people, unis can find out anything they want pretty much, theyll just see it as lying..
Reply 715
Re-applicant, still waiting for my college to sort out my references and stuffz. My college is actually slower than Track on results day :frown:.
omg a postcard from southampton. It's my first acknowledgement, so excited now ^^
Reply 717
track's back up, i was hoping i'd have an offer waiting for me. not a sausage
Original post by A level Az
Thanks and well done :smile: I hope to get an offer from Nottingham too. Literally nobody in my school believes me when I say that Universities can find out our AS grades easily (since our school certifcates them too) and they are all just going to stick down pending :s-smilie:

You better hurry up and get your application in! They've already started giving out offers from nearly all departments. Apart from Economics. Just find the page on UCAS, warn them that they could be rejected for fraud and they can make up their own minds. I did that, some people listened and others decided to do what the school says.
Original post by yahyahyahs
You better hurry up and get your application in! They've already started giving out offers from nearly all departments. Apart from Economics. Just find the page on UCAS, warn them that they could be rejected for fraud and they can make up their own minds. I did that, some people listened and others decided to do what the school says.

Believe me, if I could get it in I would. I wanted to send it off two weeks ago but my teacher had not done my reference for me. And now that she's done it, the other teacher who controls all UCAS apps in my sixth form has decided to go to spain :frown:. The earliest I can send it off is on Wednesday :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending