The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6460
Original post by kirsty142
Oh my god! Hope it wasn't our store, although I wouldn't be surprised (I'm at the Sunderland store)

think sunderland took around that, washington took 99k alone on toys on the first day.
Reply 6461
wahayy i have an interview on the 3rd :biggrin:
Reply 6462
Original post by Eddikins
wahayy i have an interview on the 3rd :biggrin:

Congrats, hope you get it :biggrin:

What role is it for?
when they say 'approval needed', nobody comes to approve.
Reply 6464
Original post by c101
Congrats, hope you get it :biggrin:

What role is it for?

Thank you very much :smile:

Online Shopper is the role, 12 hours a week.
Reply 6465
Original post by kirsty142
Oh my god! Hope it wasn't our store, although I wouldn't be surprised (I'm at the Sunderland store)

It was Washington. I couldn't remember the name when I posted and when I remembered it yesterday, the site went down for maintenance.
What are the chances of this happening?
I've started working for sainsburys been there about 2 weeks (I'm a xmas temp) and contracted to work tues,wed and saturdays but I have been doing quite a bit of overtime on days I'm not contracted but this Tuesday coming up I have something planned which I can't change unless I don't go altogether :frown:
My question is what are the chances of getting the Tuesday off (even if I offer to make up the time on another day)
(edited 13 years ago)
I was wondering how hard it is to get through the probation period? Would they give any feedback type thing beforehand or not? I don't feel like I'm doing too well there!
Original post by stargirl92
I've started working for sainsburys been there about 2 weeks (I'm a xmas temp) and contracted to work tues,wed and saturdays but I have been doing quite a bit of overtime on days I'm not contracted but this Tuesday coming up I have something planned which I can't change unless I don't go altogether :frown:
My question is what are the chances of getting the Tuesday off (even if I offer to make up the time on another day)

So, Tuesday 2nd? You should've asked to have that day off when you started cos it's too late to change the rotas now =/ your only chance is a) ringing in sick or b) asking someone to switch a shift with you at short notice
Original post by Schumacher
Yeah I've did that it wasn't a problem at my store. :smile:

Thanks! :smile: Now I just need to find someone who might be able to swap shifts with me!
Original post by shooting.star
I was wondering how hard it is to get through the probation period? Would they give any feedback type thing beforehand or not? I don't feel like I'm doing too well there!

Not hard unless you're doing shockingly! :smile: They'll give you feedback at 4 weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks i think...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by inksplodge
So, Tuesday 2nd? You should've asked to have that day off when you started cos it's too late to change the rotas now =/ your only chance is a) ringing in sick or b) asking someone to switch a shift with you at short notice

I didn't know about this when I applied for the Job :\

I suppose I can only ask and if not I'll just have to cancel the whole thing :frown:
Original post by drakesdrum
Anybody know what happens on night shift when the clocks go back?

You work an extra hour and when the clocks go forward you work one less hour
Original post by xangelinax

err, i don't. i go home after i have worked 10 hours. i will be starting at 10 and going home at 7am, which is technically 8am
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by xangelinax

Thanks! Long night ahead then
Original post by drakesdrum
Thanks! Long night ahead then

ask your manager but if they are like my shift you will go home after you have worked however many hours you're contracted to do, i have never had to work an hour more or an hour less and i have been through two clock changes now!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6476
Original post by stargirl92

bit short notice, ask if someone could swap shifts with you, if not then just go to work, i personally wouldnt call in sick, it could put you in a bad light after being there for 2 weeks
Reply 6477
hate it when clocks go back, i use my phone alarm and not sure if it turns itself back.

think we're all opening at midnight for the new cod (not the fish) launch on the 9th.
i was getting confused, my watch said 8 the clock in machine and my phone said 7, i was like 'i'm off' :awesome:

we're nearly cleared out of toys. and i can't believe it's end change on tues; i agreed to do overtime! :angry: didn't think it was end change already
What's end change?

Latest

Trending

Trending