The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

I STILL HAVEN'T GOT AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT! All this waiting is driving me crazy!
I've applied for Economics and Economic History, anyone else? Also, any idea when the Econ and Econ related subject applicants start receiving offers?!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 541
Original post by lightningfist
Which is more difficult, Maths or MORSE/MMORSE?

I'd say it all depends as the person. I've heards Maths is regarded as the more difficult course to get into, but MORSE is regarded as more rigorous once you actually make it to Warwick.

I'm sure it all depends on the person and their strengths and weaknesses though. I chose MORSE because I'm interested in learning about economics and things like that as well and would consider going down the Actuarial path.
Original post by Jing_jing
:biggrin: Yep, natural sciences! Think I might take some philosophy modules if I can, looks really interesting! Really really really want an offer from LSE! I've only heard from Warwick so far, the waiting is horrible. Ooh, I went for pure maths at Cambridge, which college did you apply to?

Yeah, I quite fancied doing a couple of Psychology modules in the first year @ Durham, LOVE the flexibility of that course! Have you heard from Warwick?!?! I only got an acknowledgement email :s-smilie: But LSE though, <3 , that would be amazing!!! Ooooh Maths @ Cambridge, I considered Maths for a bit, but I didn't fancy my chances of Pure Maths considering I've had to teach myself Further Maths, so I think I wouldn't be up to scratch in a pure maths interview tbh, so went for Eco @ Clare! Which college have you applied to?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 543
Original post by no chance
Nothing heard here either. Vekeh, where did you hear that about the interview date? The UCAS cut-off is mid-January, I was assuming most Universities wouldn't be interviewing until after then.

I was told on the open day, but it's also in the prospectus. I was slightly out though - the first date is 28th January, the second's 25th February (only for straight Lit though). I'm assuming they'll allocate the former to those who have their application in way before the deadline, 'cause the two dates are pretty close...
Emailed the Law department out of frustration and found out that they "aim to communicate decisions to Law applicants within 3 weeks of receiving an applicants application."

I wonder how true this is...
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Emailed the Law department out of frustration and found out that they "aim to communicate decisions to Law applicants within 3 weeks of receiving an applicants application."

When did they get yours? Hopefully they'll get back to you soon then :tongue:
Were they nice about it or was the email a bit blunt? I emailed Edinburgh last year and they rejected me the next day :s-smilie:
Original post by broadwayrachael
When did they get yours? Hopefully they'll get back to you soon then :tongue:
Were they nice about it or was the email a bit blunt? I emailed Edinburgh last year and they rejected me the next day :s-smilie:

They got mine on the 15th. Looking at last years Warwick Law offers though, people seemed to get them at really random times. :confused:
The email spelled out the UCAS process to me like I was an idiot. :laugh:

By the way, why exactly did you have to take a gap year? Your A-Level grades are amazing!
Reply 547

I sent my Law application off to Warwick on the 15th. Going on that estimate, I should hopefully know by next Friday.

Although I am a mature student, so they'll undoubtedly make me wait longer or go for an interview...
They got mine on the 15th. Looking at last years Warwick Law offers though, people seemed to get them at really random times. :confused:
The email spelled out the UCAS process to me like I was an idiot. :laugh:

By the way, why exactly did you have to take a gap year? Your A-Level grades are amazing!

Aah, not long at all then, if they're telling the truth :tongue: I'm hoping PAIS work to a similar timescale, cause it's been over 3 for me now.. I'm hoping they'll get back to me soon!!

Thank you :smile: I wanted a course change (to Politics) at the uni I got a place at, and they refused to do it even though they had places left :confused: plus, I thought I would always regret it if I didn't try for Cambridge, seeing as the grades were already there! :biggrin:
Reply 549
Original post by chaz1992
I applied and got an e-mail saying that they're going to wait until January 15th deadline before making decisions :/

what subject are you applying for?
Reply 550
Hopefully they stick to the 3 weeks then, which would mean I'd have less than a week to know. :L Doubt it though, somehow I'm preparing myself to be waiting till December/January.
Original post by Howellsy
Hopefully they stick to the 3 weeks then, which would mean I'd have less than a week to know. :L Doubt it though, somehow I'm preparing myself to be waiting till December/January.

People got their offers at pretty erratic times last year (from 4 Nov to late Jan) so I'm not holding out too much hope for an offer next week.
Reply 552
People got their offers at pretty erratic times last year (from 4 Nov to late Jan) so I'm not holding out too much hope for an offer next week.

I just had a look in the offer thread and someone did actually got one 3 weeks after applying, however I did take a look at last year and it seems that you either got them fairly early or were waiting till December/January.
Reply 553
I applied for sociology. I didn't get an acknowledgement but just got a conditional offer today (i applied on the 11th of October) Warwick is my first choice so it's a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm soo happy!! Anyone else for sociology?? Good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by J.J.M
what subject are you applying for?

Mech Eng.
Has anyone else not even been acknowledged yet?
Original post by beeristhebest

Original post by beeristhebest
Offer for Maths :biggrin:

well done! what as grades/ gcses did you get?
Reply 557

Really! I've heard most people don't get offers from Warwick till much later on (Jan/Feb). Wow, I hope it's true they send out decisions earlier.
Original post by maka9
Really! I've heard most people don't get offers from Warwick till much later on (Jan/Feb). Wow, I hope it's true they send out decisions earlier.

Well, last year quite a few people heard in early Nov and quite a few heard in December.
Reply 559
Original post by Tory114
I applied for sociology. I didn't get an acknowledgement but just got a conditional offer today (i applied on the 11th of October) Warwick is my first choice so it's a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm soo happy!! Anyone else for sociology?? Good luck to everyone :smile:

Wow congratulations! You are so lucky :smile: I've applied for politics and sociology so hopefully I hear soon but I'm not very hopeful. I thought everyone got their offers early next year at warwick?????

Quick Reply

Latest