The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Anyone applied for Cultural Sociology at Nottingham?
I applied on the 14th October and getting sick of waiting now haha! Just want to know now.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by MrCasperTom
Lol that's proberly the one thing I'd be very little help with coming from Brum :lol:

Trains to Beeston and then a bit of walking would get you to the uni and another bit of a walk from the West entrance would get you to the Chem building.

A train into Nottingham and then finding some sort of bus would also take you there. The Indigo buses take you to Beeston and very close to the uni and there is a uni-link bus, although I'm not too sure where that picks up in town, if at all.

Also have a look at coaches.

I managed to find a train to Nottingham that's not too expensive. I just have to figure out how to get from there to the uni.
Original post by woods.vanessa
I managed to find a train to Nottingham that's not too expensive. I just have to figure out how to get from there to the uni.

There's buses to and from Beeston and therefore the uni. It will be fairly easy once you're in Nottingham to find your way to Uni. Worst comes to the worst there's a taxi, pretty cheap although still a bit of a price on your own.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the actual Uni put on some form of transportation from Nottingham to the Uni. I wouldn't know, so don't quote me on as I drove up, but many Unis do that sort of things (but maybe only for Open Days) but it's worth looking into.
There's buses to and from Beeston and therefore the uni. It will be fairly easy once you're in Nottingham to find your way to Uni. Worst comes to the worst there's a taxi, pretty cheap although still a bit of a price on your own.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the actual Uni put on some form of transportation from Nottingham to the Uni. I wouldn't know, so don't quote me on as I drove up, but many Unis do that sort of things (but maybe only for Open Days) but it's worth looking into.

Oh ok thanks! What's the area around the uni like? Never been :dontknow:
Oh ok thanks! What's the area around the uni like? Never been :dontknow:

Depends which side haha. There's basically 4 entrances and really 4 areas around the uni I believe. Beeston, which is where my accomodation is, is a lovely little place. Bunch of shops and supermarkets and a fairly quiet place, minus us rowdy students.

Lenton is near the Uni as well and that's the dodgier area of Nottingham; if you hear about Shottingham then that's most likely to be referenced really. Although don't worry about that. It's a nice surrounding area around Nottingham and if your are self-catered then you'll most likely be in Beeston, at least for shopping and such.
Depends which side haha. There's basically 4 entrances and really 4 areas around the uni I believe. Beeston, which is where my accomodation is, is a lovely little place. Bunch of shops and supermarkets and a fairly quiet place, minus us rowdy students.

Lenton is near the Uni as well and that's the dodgier area of Nottingham; if you hear about Shottingham then that's most likely to be referenced really. Although don't worry about that. It's a nice surrounding area around Nottingham and if your are self-catered then you'll most likely be in Beeston, at least for shopping and such.

Shottingham LOL. It can't be worse than London, surely?
I'm definitely going to be self-catered so thats a relief.
Shottingham LOL. It can't be worse than London, surely?
I'm definitely going to be self-catered so thats a relief.

Depends. The 'nickname' is Shottingham but there's little crime, at least from my experience. I feel safe enough anyway.

And, seeing as you're doing Chemistry, go for Broadgate park for self-catered, purely because the others will require a hopper bus to take every morning. And you'll proberly get 9am starts every morning, just like me :tongue:
Depends. The 'nickname' is Shottingham but there's little crime, at least from my experience. I feel safe enough anyway.

And, seeing as you're doing Chemistry, go for Broadgate park for self-catered, purely because the others will require a hopper bus to take every morning. And you'll proberly get 9am starts every morning, just like me :tongue:

Every morning ?!? I'll probably take your advice, thanks. I'm coming to Notts on 16th Nov for the Chem UCAS visit day :smile: so should learn more about the uni.
Original post by yahyahyahs
Has anyone else got a lower offer than that advertised in the prospectus?

Yes! Not a massive difference, but in the prospectus the standard offer is ABB and I have been given a conditional offer requiring ABC :smile:
So happy with my offer...can't believe 2 of mine have responded so quickly!
Reply 290
Original post by stickysquishy

Original post by stickysquishy
so luckyy! when did you send off your application?

emm, they emailed me on 10th october saying they had received my application. Did you apply for politics and economics too?
Original post by nicksy
emm, they emailed me on 10th october saying they had received my application. Did you apply for politics and economics too?

wow, around 10 days for an offer, nice!

yea, got a letter that need to wait until jan 15 for all the applications to be in. are you an international applicant?
Reply 292
Has anyone else got a lower offer than that advertised in the prospectus?

Yesss. what did you get?
Original post by Hugbert
Yesss. what did you get?

ABB, not a big diff from AAB, but that's one less A I have to get :biggrin:
Reply 294
ABB, not a big diff from AAB, but that's one less A I have to get :biggrin:

My offer was BC :biggrin: (not that I'd actually drop 2 A-levels and neglect what was left, but it's nice to have the option :tongue:)
Original post by nichelle
Anyone applied for Cultural Sociology at Nottingham?
I applied on the 14th October and getting sick of waiting now haha! Just want to know now.

I'm also applying for sociology i think they'll make us wait til after christmas.. I hope not though :frown:!
Reply 296
YAY. Got an offer for NatSci for AAA. Really chuffed :biggrin:
Original post by roblee
My offer was BC :biggrin: (not that I'd actually drop 2 A-levels and neglect what was left, but it's nice to have the option :tongue:)

Bloody hell, how did you manage that!? They must have really liked your application
Reply 298
Original post by LtCommanderData
Bloody hell, how did you manage that!? They must have really liked your application

I radiate geniusosity. :wink:
Reply 299
Economics. hoping for an offer!

Quick Reply

Latest