The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phalanges
You should be giving it your full attention.

:colondollar:

I shall. Signing out...:moon:
Reply 3061
Watched Brick last night, I thought it was a very well made film for the most part. What did people on here think of it?
Original post by Abiraleft

Watched Brick last night, I thought it was a very well made film for the most part. What did people on here think of it?

I loved it.
Reply 3063

I thought it was brilliant. All the characters are very well thought out. One of my favourites.

In other news, Paul Merton's Weird and Wonderful World of Early Cinema is on BBC2 now. Enjoying it quite a lot!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3064
Reservoir dogs. 9/10. :teeth:
Reply 3066
Film to watch? :beard:

Again, good crime/drugs film suggestions always appreciated.

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by zjs
Film to watch? :beard:

Again, good crime/drugs film suggestions always appreciated.

Spoiler

The Departed?
Reply 3068
Can somebody recommend a horror film to me? Old or new, as long as it's scary and all that stuff!
:beard:

what does everyone think about Cloverfield?
Reply 3070
Original post by H.JJJ
Can somebody recommend a horror film to me? Old or new, as long as it's scary and all that stuff!

The Shining
Halloween
If you don't mind subtitles, The Orphanage is excellent. :h:
Reply 3071
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The Departed?

The point of that "list" was that I've seen the obvious suggestions (so, yeah, seen it a few times).
Reply 3072
Original post by H.JJJ

The first Saw, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Psycho, Don't Look Now.

Original post by spacepirate-James
:beard:

what does everyone think about Cloverfield?

Check out the last review comp!
Reply 3073
Original post by aja89
The Shining
Halloween
If you don't mind subtitles, The Orphanage is excellent. :h:

Hmm, I've seen the first two, so I guess I'll give the orphanage a try! Thanks!!
Original post by zjs
The point of that "list" was that I've seen the obvious suggestions (so, yeah, seen it a few times).

Oldboy?
Night Watch?
Los Cronocrímenes?
Oceans trilogy?
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?
Lucky Number Slevin?
Smokin' Aces?
Shoot Em Up?
Hero?
Catch Me If You Can?
Reply 3075
Oldboy?
Night Watch?
Los Cronocrímenes?
Oceans trilogy?
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?
Lucky Number Slevin?
Smokin' Aces?
Shoot Em Up?
Hero?
Catch Me If You Can?

Smokin' Aces is, without doubt, one of the worst films I've ever seen. :colonhash:

Seen Oceans, Lock Stock, Slevin, Hero and CMIYC.

More detail on Los Cronocrímenes or Shoot Em Up? :beard:
Original post by zjs
Smokin' Aces is, without doubt, one of the worst films I've ever seen. :colonhash:

Seen Oceans, Lock Stock, Slevin, Hero and CMIYC.

More detail on Los Cronocrímenes or Shoot Em Up? :beard:

The former is a french "time travel" film, watch it if you are in the mood for a weird film. Shoot Em Up is a very good action film (overall average in terms of plot), I recommend it, it involves ... a lot of "insane" shooting skills. Will make you want to become a gunslinger after you've watched it. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3077
The former is a french "time travel" film, watch it if you are in the mood for a weird film. Shoot Em Up is a very good action film, I recommend it, it involves ... a lot of "insane" shooting skills. Will make you want to become a gunslinger after you've watched it. :tongue:

Hm, Cronocrímenes sounds more like a sci-fi/horror (or so imdb bill it :colondollar:), not sure on Shoot Em Up either. :holmes:

Wouldn't mind watching City of Men again, if only I could find somewhere that streamed it.

Any others?
Original post by zjs
Hm, Cronocrímenes sounds more like a sci-fi/horror (or so imdb bill it :colondollar:), not sure on Shoot Em Up either. :holmes:

Wouldn't mind watching City of Men again, if only I could find somewhere that streamed it.

Any others?

Lord of War?
Synecdoche, New York?
Book of Eli?
21?
Valkyrie?
Pineapple Express?
Quantum of Solace?
Wanted?
The Karate Kid?
The Informant?
The Road?
Being John Malkovich?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3079
Original post by zjs

Any others?

Kids?
New Jack City?
Jackie Brown?
Blow?

Latest